Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:10 pm
Posts: 971
Location: Central BC
This is not a knock against AGS, just noticed they got many Air Arms rifles back in stock recently. The prices went up on pretty much everything once again, upwards of 10% more. Prices keep climbing yearly on these things. You could almost make money buying now and holding onto a gun or two and selling down the road. My ProSport model has gone up about $250 in just a period of under two years. Getting better return on my Air Arms than some of my mutual funds!

_________________
Highlights - Evanix Conquest
FAS6004, HW44, Alfa Proj, Webley’s!
AA ProSport, AA TX200HC, Cometa Orion SH
FWB 300S, Hammerli AR20, Benji pumpers!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Posts: 2687
Location: GTA, ON
You just noticed it?! ;)

Waiting for my 177 PS... Not sure if I submit my order now could keep the old price still on the website.... Just kidding~ Fully understand everything price just getting higher and higher except our salaries...

Not long ago a shopping cart on check out just about 150 something and now causes me about 200... And just from Walmart some days ago with a check out price for about 250, never spent that much in Walmart at one time... Just some clothes, toys and foods....

_________________
Future AA ProSport
FWB300S Universal
HW30s / 35e / 40+Extender / P3+Kit Scope
HW45 with customized grips from UK
Russian Izzy 46M
2240+14" barrel
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:27 pm
Posts: 227
Location: Chilliwack, BC
fishguy wrote:
Getting better return on my Air Arms than some of my mutual funds!


LOL! Time to invest more I guess. ;)

I work in a commodity business, selling everyday consumable products for businesses to operate. I’ve seen more price increases from manufacturing than I care to think about, it’s been crazy.

We had 3 price increases from one product line alone in the past 3 months from multiple Manufacturers. 18% increase over that time.

_________________
Instagram @replicacanada
www.replicacanada.com
https://is.gd/ReplicaCanadaYouTube


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:40 pm
Posts: 887
Location: ontario, canada
unfortunately for businesses lime AGS most of their guns are imports, he has to deal transportation, what the Canadian $ is worth, often when guns come in they are held at customs where he gets a bill for storage till the inspection is done and of course it all trickles down to the consumer..

you're right you can buy a good quality gun enjoy it for a while and not lose much in it.

_________________
HW97
FX Impact


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:03 pm
Posts: 812
I hate to say this, but with the current gov. debt creeping up and inflation rearing its ugly head... things will not get any better.

For a while I had hope thatbthe brexit was going to helps things... but I guess not


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:28 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Southern Ontario
fishguy wrote:
This is not a knock against AGS, just noticed they got many Air Arms rifles back in stock recently. The prices went up on pretty much everything once again, upwards of 10% more. Prices keep climbing yearly on these things. You could almost make money buying now and holding onto a gun or two and selling down the road. My ProSport model has gone up about $250 in just a period of under two years. Getting better return on my Air Arms than some of my mutual funds!


Hey, I heard that you may have my "old" Pro Sport" ... :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:28 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Southern Ontario
HW777 wrote:
unfortunately for businesses lime AGS most of their guns are imports, he has to deal transportation, what the Canadian $ is worth, often when guns come in they are held at customs where he gets a bill for storage till the inspection is done and of course it all trickles down to the consumer..

you're right you can buy a good quality gun enjoy it for a while and not lose much in it.


Since when does Customs charge for delaying a shipment ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:40 pm
Posts: 887
Location: ontario, canada
Ron G. wrote:
HW777 wrote:
unfortunately for businesses lime AGS most of their guns are imports, he has to deal transportation, what the Canadian $ is worth, often when guns come in they are held at customs where he gets a bill for storage till the inspection is done and of course it all trickles down to the consumer..

you're right you can buy a good quality gun enjoy it for a while and not lose much in it.


Since when does Customs charge for delaying a shipment ?




Apparently if they can’t get to it right away And it sits there for weeks they will charge for storage....it’s the government right, not much you can do.

_________________
HW97
FX Impact


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:10 pm
Posts: 971
Location: Central BC
Ron G. wrote:
fishguy wrote:
This is not a knock against AGS, just noticed they got many Air Arms rifles back in stock recently. The prices went up on pretty much everything once again, upwards of 10% more. Prices keep climbing yearly on these things. You could almost make money buying now and holding onto a gun or two and selling down the road. My ProSport model has gone up about $250 in just a period of under two years. Getting better return on my Air Arms than some of my mutual funds!


Hey, I heard that you may have my "old" Pro Sport" ... :D


Ha! No I’m pretty sure this is still my almost new one! This one is in my keeper pile.

_________________
Highlights - Evanix Conquest
FAS6004, HW44, Alfa Proj, Webley’s!
AA ProSport, AA TX200HC, Cometa Orion SH
FWB 300S, Hammerli AR20, Benji pumpers!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO