Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: TX200 Siblings
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:27 pm 

I have pretty much been shooting TX200s of some iteration for a few years now and really liking it. I have four of them now. Started with the Mk2 a few years back, but did not shoot it a lot. It is the second one down, topped with an AirMax 4-16.

I had been trying to talk a friend into selling me his TX200SR Mk2 for years without success, then I spotted one on the classified ads in the US and I happened to know the seller. I contacted him and he offered me a great deal on an unmolested/ unmodified TX200SR Mk1. So I picked up my first SR, the one at the top of the pic and it wears a Sightron 10-50.

The friend I wanted to by the Mk2 SR from had traded it for a scope to another friend of mine. So I made it clear that if he wanted to sell it, I wanted first crack at it. A number of years later, I was able to pick up the SR Mk2 in a nice match stock, the third rifle down. It happens to be a left handed action in a right handed stock, which works very well for loading with my left hand rather than reaching around with my right. It is topped with a very rare Premier modified Leupold MK4 fixed 35X.

I have been wanting a carbine, so when one became available at AGS, I snapped it up, the one at the bottom with a beech stock. I have a walnut stock you can see at the side of the pic. It was shooting hot when I bought it and I have installed a Tony L. 22mm kit in it and it feels like a different rifle; very quick, mild firing cycle. It has a Bushnell 6500 4-16 mounted and I am just in the process of sighting it in. Early results are extremely promising. Will be keeping an eye out for a match stock for it.

I hope I can get a good sibling rivalry going between these guns. All the guns have RWS bullseye mounts that have been modified by Hector Medina to take all of the extra movement out of them.

Attachment:
TX200 Siblings copy.jpg
TX200 Siblings copy.jpg [ 676.59 KiB | Viewed 151 times ]

Post subject: Re: TX200 Siblings
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:29 pm 

You got some serious airguns there Mac. You sure 'aint no plinker!

Duke ))))----//----------==

HW97K .22
Cometa Fusion Premiere .22
Hatsan AT44-10W .22
Hatsan AT44-10MW .22
Atremis Hybrid PCP .22
Daisy 953 .177

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:23 pm 

Beauties, all.
Congrats on your successful acquisitions.

Attachment:
hooray.gif
hooray.gif [ 1.09 KiB | Viewed 141 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:53 pm 

damn that's nice Mac.... 8) :supz: :rock: :drool:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:34 pm 

Love my Tx200 Left handed .22 im looking to put my lefty action on a righty as well because my left eye has gotten really bad recently. I'm also looking to replace my vortek pg3 with Tony's kit. Did you purchase a seperate piston and rod from tony? Im just curious how much it cost ya?

Benjamin Maximus .22
Crosman 788
Diana AM03 "Stealth" .177 Diana ZR Mount

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:43 pm 

Wow~ very very nice rifles!!
Which one shoots best ypu think? The SR?!

HW45 with customized grips from UK
Russian Izzy 46M
2240+14" barrel
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:22 pm 

:prayer:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:08 am 

TropicalMonkey wrote:
Love my Tx200 Left handed .22 im looking to put my lefty action on a righty as well because my left eye has gotten really bad recently. I'm also looking to replace my vortek pg3 with Tony's kit. Did you purchase a seperate piston and rod from tony? Im just curious how much it cost ya?

I bought the kit with the rod from Tony. It was just under $250 including delivery. I have not put it over the chrony since I put the kit in, but with one spacer, it was shooting the JSB 8.44 at about 770. That is what I am hoping for when it is all broken in. That may have changed and after I put a couple of hundred more pellets through it, I will check again. Quick, mild thud is all you get. Lots of spacers provided, so it can be tuned to just about anything you want. 12 ft/lb and under is the ideal.