Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:51 am 

Back on topic. Put yourself in LE shoes. How would you feel if you shot and killed someone, because they ended up just having a BB gun on them? But you don't have time to react and analyze. As someone that served, I don't wish that on anyone.

Weed isn't as innocent as you think.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:40 am 

Not just LEO... A few years back in Montreal, a few kids just about got shot because they would walk up to Secur-Garda-Brink guard with their hand in their pockets, then point a fish at them (as if it was a gun)
- For reason, it was considered "fun" to see the guards reaction :axe:

It would have been a pretty darn stupid way to ruin a few people's lives.
- The kids, having its life cut short
- The guard, having killed a kid over a stupid prank

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:27 pm 

sillymike wrote:
Not just LEO... A few years back in Montreal, a few kids just about got shot because they would walk up to Secur-Garda-Brink guard with their hand in their pockets, then point a fish at them (as if it was a gun)
- For reason, it was considered "fun" to see the guards reaction :axe:

It would have been a pretty darn stupid way to ruin a few people's lives.
- The kids, having its life cut short
- The guard, having killed a kid over a stupid prank

We had this guy come into the Halifax Armories one day. The doors were always open, due to it is a historic site, and for recruitment. This guy comes in screaming that he wanted volunteers to goto Indo China, to kill innocent women and children. He was carrying a brief case on him, waving it around. Unfortually we were not allowed to be armed, if we were.. Someone may have been shot. But his stunt got him arrested. That changed the open door policy, and a security guard was posted at the door.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:11 pm 

:oops: Well, I give up. There are three people hijacking this thread to their own separate direction, and I just became the fourth.

@ricksplace, you commented at least twice about the difference between decriminalization and legalization; in the first, you shamed a member by saying. "Do your research." I'm not sure what your point was, but it must be sufficiently important that you would raise the point at least twice. If you'd like to further discuss that issue, I suggest you start a new post and I'll jump right in.

I shouldn't be doing it here, and I apologise to the OP.

@leadslinger, did I respond to you post comprising a story of (someone: police? prosecutor? court?) dropping the charges on a repeat firearm offender. Whether I did or not, please start a new topic with that story; I'd love to discuss that one with you.

I can't do it here.

Sorry; carry on with whatever the hell the subject is.
I'll look forward to those new posts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:26 pm 

rob g wrote:
How long before this brings new regulations and/or restrictions on these pistols?

CTV News VI: Crimes involving fake or pellet guns on the rise in Victoria.
https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/crim ... -1.5048591

Aw, CTV is still hurting from the trauma of being shot at with a pellet gun three years ago. Just watch CBC chime in.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:46 am 

I also owe the OP an apology. I made a comment to share correct information and again to answer a question. I should have worded my initial response so as to be less abrasive. I apologize for that too. It was never my intent to highjack this thread.

Nothing works and I don't know why.

Two lathes and too many projects

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:52 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:

We're fishing for what the next set of rules will be...

I wouldn't be surprised if
- a PAL is soon required to buy and possess anything that remotely resemble a firearm.
- the same rules will apply for the transportation and use.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:03 am 

sillymike wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:

We're fishing for what the next set of rules will be...

I wouldn't be surprised if
- a PAL is soon required to buy and possess anything that remotely resemble a firearm.
- the same rules will apply for the transportation and use.

If the E.O. withstands a court challenge, the next round will be turn in all guns or we will lock you up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:18 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:

@leadslinger, did I respond to you post comprising a story of (someone: police? prosecutor? court?) dropping the charges on a repeat firearm offender. Whether I did or not, please start a new topic with that story; I'd love to discuss that one with you.

It was more a reply to Rick, Because he feels like the drug charges shouldn't stuck to the repeat offender because it's "de criminalized"
But over looked the important, had a weapon on him. Because also same officer, arrested a person with BB guns on him. He contacts me sometimes since I'm well educated on airguns. To see if its worth a visit or not.

Also same town. A guy walks into a convenience store, with a training gun in a holster. Because few days ago, he was shot. So told the worker, don't worry, it's for my protection. But he was shot by a airsoft. The doctor said it was a airsoft traveling at 650 FPS.. Not sure how they could tell by a welt?

But yes they are drawing wrong attention by people that intend to use them in that nature.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:19 am 

paddyfritz wrote:

If the E.O. withstands a court challenge, the next round will be turn in all guns or we will lock you up.

For PB, my bet would be
- More makes/models added to the "restricted" category
- Central-Storage mandatory for city-dwellers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:16 pm 

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/307905/Police-conduct-high-risk-stop-of-vehicle-driving-dangerously-on-hwy
Reckless Driver Had BB Gun
Police conduct 'high risk' stop of vehicle driving dangerously on hwy

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:30 pm 

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/308757/Pointed-airsoft-gun-at-cops

RCMP responded to reports of a woman wielding a handgun outside a Skaha Lake Road motel Tuesday, only to find it was a startlingly realistic airsoft gun.

Tracey Wilson, CCFR