Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:45 pm 

How long before this brings new regulations and/or restrictions on these pistols?

CTV News VI: Crimes involving fake or pellet guns on the rise in Victoria.
https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/crim ... -1.5048591

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:22 pm 

well wont be long till the ban come just hope it dose not take out my air rifles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:55 pm 

They'll e deemed "variant" of a prohibited firearm...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:33 am 

It won't be long before a PAL is required to own any replica airgun/airsoft. This will tend to keep the low powered airguns and airsoft guns only in the hands of the more responsible people under the current storage requirements. The lowlifes currently using the replicas for criminal purposes are either too cheap or too lazy to acquire real handguns for their criminal endeavors. This would slow them down a bit. For the enthusiast into the replicas it may require them to get their PAL if they haven't already done so.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:17 am 

For those of us old-enough to remember.
- Replica firearms were prohibited with C68
- Replica airguns were given a "pass"
- Many airgun folks didn't care about the prohibition of replica and or real-firearm, because it didn't affect them

Fast forward to 2020
- Replica airguns seem to be next on the government agenda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:35 am 

Found this statement interesting.
The "shots" at government buildings certainly fits the anti-Gvt. movement in the States, which is also propagated here in Canada.

"Victoria police won't say whether the shots fired at CTV's building or at Victoria City Hall came from the area of the tent encampment next door.
The department does say its officers have seized mutiple replica and pellet guns from tent encampmnents and temproary housing units in the past
few weeks. "

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:38 am 

sillymike wrote:
For those of us old-enough to remember.
- Many airgun folks didn't care about the prohibition of replica and or real-firearm, because it didn't affect them

Further-more, criminals don't care about any laws because laws don't effect them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:54 am 

The way I look at it, the crazier the government (and its agency) goes, the better it will be in the long run.
- When enough stuff is criminalized, maybe (just maybe) people will wake up and demand changes... :axe:

Without getting political...

The mental gymnastic they go through is kind of amusing.
- We need to legalize drugs, because ban don't work and criminals don't obey the laws...
- We need to ban gun, because criminals don't obey the laws.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:19 pm 

sillymike wrote:
The way I look at it, the crazier the government (and its agency) goes, the better it will be in the long run.
- When enough stuff is criminalized, maybe (just maybe) people will wake up and demand changes... :axe:

- We need to legalize drugs, because ban don't work and criminals don't obey the laws...

Quote:
When enough stuff is criminalized, maybe (just maybe) people will wake up and demand changes

Well they did here in Duncan lots of people demanded we need homeless shelters we need safe injection sites and legal drugs so
they did and now Duncan is a s h i t h o l e burned building needles in school yards crime is way up garbage is tossed any were and 95 % of these people are not even from here .................. i need my guns more than ever

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:05 am 

lauchlin wrote:
sillymike wrote:

Quote:
When enough stuff is criminalized, maybe (just maybe) people will wake up and demand changes

Well they did here in Duncan lots of people demanded we need homeless shelters we need safe injection sites and legal drugs so
they did and now Duncan is a s h i t h o l e burned building needles in school yards crime is way up garbage is tossed any were and 95 % of these people are not even from here .................. i need my guns more than ever

Sounds like PB would do more good than Airguns. I said this alot, maybe time to join forces with a Firearm lobby group to help protect and fight for airguns. Standing in the shadows isn't helping. Why should we suffer because some with bad intentions?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:42 pm 

sillymike wrote:
- When enough stuff is criminalized, maybe (just maybe) people will wake up and demand changes...

Britain is the classic example of the flaw in that logic. Unfortunately, once people start rationalizing reasons for forfeiting rights, the trend tends to continue. Someone once said, paraphrased, those who give up Liberty for Security, deserve neither.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:13 pm 

rob g wrote:
It won't be long before a PAL is required to own any replica airgun/airsoft. This will tend to keep the low powered airguns and airsoft guns only in the hands of the more responsible people under the current storage requirements. The lowlifes currently using the replicas for criminal purposes are either too cheap or too lazy to acquire real handguns for their criminal endeavors. This would slow them down a bit. For the enthusiast into the replicas it may require them to get their PAL if they haven't already done so.

It would not slow them down at all. Too many are out there now, and they would flow over the border just like all of the handguns used by criminals.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:19 pm 

paddyfritz wrote:
rob g wrote:

It would not slow them down at all. Too many are out there now, and they would flow over the border just like all of the handguns used by criminals.

And the justice system is to blame. I know a buddy arrested a guy, had a stub nosed 38 on him. The crown dropped the weapon charges, and got him with some drug charges. Didn't they just let someone go a few weeks ago, that smuggled guns over the boarder, and using Covid as a excuse. Im sure he learned his lesson and not do that again. These are the people that they need to go after.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:59 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
paddyfritz wrote:
rob g wrote:

And the justice system is to blame. I know a buddy arrested a guy, had a stub nosed 38 on him. The crown dropped the weapon charges, and got him with some drug charges. Didn't they just let someone go a few weeks ago, that smuggled guns over the boarder, and using Covid as a excuse. Im sure he learned his lesson and not do that again. These are the people that they need to go after.

They let them off with light sentences on purpose. Lifelong drug dealers and scum bags are usually back on the street in no time. It keeps the cops in business, the lawyers, the courts, and the prisons. They get their numbers, and in turn get more funding, and get to grow the government and policing system.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:30 am 

It's decriminalising possession of drugs, not legalising them. Big difference. Do your research.

Too soon old too late smart.