Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:45 pm 

Yes, sorry. This thread seemed to have died.
As I said, I received my CP88 Competition in five days (could actually have been four).
I can't say the product was exactly as described because, of course, there was no description. However, it was a good price, it is in good condition, and it appears to be working fine.

My best hopes were met, and I would rate the experience an 8 out of ten. Two points docked for the fact that I had to go into this deal with absolutely no information, and, of course, If I shot it one more time tomorrow and it fell apart, I have absolutely no idea if D&L would would back the purchase in any way. There aren't even any terms of sale and purchase on the website.

So, I offer one good experience for the record, but would still have to say, "buyer beware" because there's absolutely nothing for you to fall back on if your experience was not as good as mine. D&L only identifies itself as the fulfilment centre.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:51 am 
Site Moderator

My order arrived quickly. The items were shipped the day after ordering and I received the tracking number. The following week I had the package. The 2 tins of H&N Finale Match pellets looked new and did not appear to be opened. The tins were not dented or damaged at all. The pair of UTG barrel mounts were new in the packages. Each mount came with 3 sets of screws and the correct hex key. I almost felt guilty only paying $5 each for the mounts. The Finale Match were $12 but the regular store price was $16 so I'm happy. No tax on the Airgun Collector items.

Prior to ordering, I called D&L to ask a few questions. They explained that all the Airgun Collector items were at the store. I was told that the mounts were new and in unopened packages. I'm guessing that a phone call could get answers to questions about an airgun condition and possibly provide a couple of additional photos. This doesn't answer any questions about warranty. If the items belongs to D&L then maybe you could discuss a problem but most items are consignment from other airgunners. I was told that the mounts I ordered were his own personal items.

Attachments:
TAU-7 Mount 008b.jpg
TAU-7 Mount 008b.jpg [ 161.24 KiB | Viewed 980 times ]
TAU-7 Mount 002b.jpg
TAU-7 Mount 002b.jpg [ 339.48 KiB | Viewed 980 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:43 pm 

this place has got a lot of older guns for sale tonite. crossman sa6 crossman hahns crossman shilos. all of them look in good shape with original boxes. a collectors dream. just thought i,d let anybody interested know. good shopping.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:55 am 

pete wrote:
this place has got a lot of older guns for sale tonite. crossman sa6 crossman hahns crossman shilos. all of them look in good shape with original boxes. a collectors dream. just thought i,d let anybody interested know. good shopping.

there is a whole page full of vintage crossman guns.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:25 am 
Site Moderator

pete wrote:
pete wrote:

there is a whole page full of vintage crossman guns.

Two pages of air pistols! I think that HW35 Barakuda is also a rare find for a collector.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:13 pm 

Even a rare Crosman 451 .22 cal.

Looks like they have more vintage Crosman western revolvers (Hahn 45, Crosman SA-6, 1861's etc.) than eBay in the USA. And also a large collection of Mark I & II's. And I trust Quentin's word that they shoot properly & don't leak CO2, a lot more than anyone on eBay.

My order should be arriving this week, with my D&L order.

I bought a Colt pellet Peacemaker from them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:36 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Even a rare Crosman 451 .22 cal.

Looks like they have more vintage Crosman western revolvers (Hahn 45, Crosman SA-6, 1861's etc.) than eBay in the USA. And also a large collection of Mark I & II's. And I trust Quentin's word that they shoot properly & don't leak CO2, a lot more than anyone on eBay.

My order should be arriving this week, with my D&L order.

I bought a Colt pellet Peacemaker from them.

good goin bb. let us know how you make out with it. i,ve got one of the old peacemakers in.22. it was my brothers and is about 50 years old. doesn,t work right now but they are great guns.i,m waiting for something to come up that catches my eye.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:08 am 

I'll chime in here as someone that has now dealt with this new-comer offering older used and NOS airguns under consignment.

Indeed for those of us that have come to know D&L Airgun through purchasing airguns and supplies in the past it is the 'recent' owners now under Quinten (correct spelling) and Kenya that has come to be CanadianAirCollector.ca
However it is primarily run by Quinten that also manages the website and correspondance with buyers. All of the backstore activities are from the D&L Airgun warehouse where the items are stocked and shipped.

I purchased an item after having engaged in several emails (with Quinten) to obtain additional information since the descriptions and state of the 'offerings' were rather sparse. The replies were very prompt, courteous and thorough. I found the Expedited shipping charges to be most reasonable and the over-wrap packaging in-line with what I've received from D&L Airgun in the past. The items arrived as described in less than 6 days across Canada.

Other than having to ask for additional information because of the lack of more details in the description of items and having 'stock' pictures instead of the actual item in some cases...the 'offerings in consignment' and prices are attractive for those seeking 'older' airguns and you don't have to request a price to be quoted for an item displayed as available. In discussions over the phone with Quinten I was informed that improvements to the website format and contents are being planned. Something to look forward to..the website is now in my Favorites.

Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher .177
CZ-200S lam. .177
Weihrauch HW50S Stl
Cometa Fusion .22
HatsanAT44&95 .22
FAS 6004T
Weihrauch HW44 .22
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:59 pm 

My pellet Colt Peacemaker arrived earlier this week, with other items from CAC & D&L. Quick & reasonably priced shipping. Packaging was very professional, as all of my prior orders from D&L have been.

The Peacemaker came it's box. All of it looked like it was almost new. Was advised it was probably only used a couple of times, and that's exactly what it looked like. No manual, but not an issue, as I have a couple of them from other Colt Peacemakers I own & available on Umarex website.

Tried it out, works well.

All in all, would strongly recommend them (both CAC & D&L).

Quinten (not Quentin, like in Tarantino) advised me that they are still working on the CAC website, and are improving it. Was told they repair & test all of the airguns they sell to insure they work, which is a big bonus, over other used airgun sites in Canada. He said they try to post actual pics of the used airguns, but may use stock photos for the new guns. From my own experience, I would say safer choice to buy used & vintage airguns from CAC than some of the other major sellers of used airguns in Canada.

And Quinten replies promptly to both emails & phone calls.

And since they are in Canada, no more US exchange, overpriced shipping & customs issues.

Their selection of "classic" old airguns, along with the ability to combine shipping with one of the better airgun retailers, gives them a very strong advantage.

As I said before, their selection of Western Crosman airguns is one of the best I have ever seen. I wish they were around when I bought my 44$ & SA6, a few years ago.

So feel free to check out both online stores & buy with confidence.

In my opinion CAC is the #1 place in Canada to look for used & vintage airguns. No one can match their selection, quality, & customer service. Prices are clearly marked, inquiries are promptly responded to, they are open all year round (i.e. they don't go away for the winter) & they don't charge a service fee to take credit cards.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:13 pm 

Just placed an order from their website. Looks like some good deals on there - hopefully the airguns are in nice shape! An update since the last guy commented as they now charge a 2% fee for card transactions, which is fair.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:39 pm 

Just received an order myself. Well packed, quick shipping and the questions I asked via email before buying were answered promptly too. The Tau-7 they have is seriously tempting me now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:07 am 

My order showed up. Bought 3 used air pistols. Tried 2 of the 3 already and they both are inoperable. One leaks co2 and the other won't keep the magazine in. Not going to try the 3rd, this order is a write off. I know I'm a new user but please don't buy from these guys, either website.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:22 am 

CaperJim wrote:
My order showed up. Bought 3 used air pistols. Tried 2 of the 3 already and they both are inoperable. One leaks co2 and the other won't keep the magazine in. Not going to try the 3rd, this order is a write off. I know I'm a new user but please don't buy from these guys, either website.

Why not contact them, before writing it off? I mean seals do just go sometimes. What makes or break a business, is their ability to make things right.. If you are who I think you are. You been in firearms awhile, and seen the make a post before contacting a business..

And I've been dealing with D&L for years, and never had an issue. So what, my brass muzzle break popped out of the bubble wrap job on my last order. Guess I shouldn't order from them?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:38 am 

leadslinger wrote:
CaperJim wrote:

Why not contact them, before writing it off? I mean seals do just go sometimes. What makes or break a business, is their ability to make things right.. If you are who I think you are. You been in firearms awhile, and seen the make a post before contacting a business..

And I've been dealing with D&L for years, and never had an issue. So what, my brass muzzle break popped out of the bubble wrap job on my last order. Guess I shouldn't order from them?

I guess in your experience they are great. For me.. well, I tried the 3rd pistol. A full auto. Glad I was alone when I did. Tried a few semi auto shots and was fine. Switched to auto and pulled the trigger to see nothing happen. Figured the auto was broken so switched back to semi. That's when the gun emptied itself, by the selector switch, not trigger. Yes I have been shooting for a long time and this is the first time I seen such a terrible order. 3/3 faulty products, one faulty in a dangerous way.

I did contact them only to inform them about my issues. If their level of care is to send out products like that then I really can't expect much of a response from them.

A muzzle break falling off is a lot better than getting a nonfunctional gun. If I could fix these myself I'd have no problem but I haven't much experience with airgun innards.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:02 am 

CaperJim wrote:
I guess in your experience they are great. For me.. well, I tried the 3rd pistol. A full auto. Glad I was alone when I did. Tried a few semi auto shots and was fine. Switched to auto and pulled the trigger to see nothing happen. Figured the auto was broken so switched back to semi. That's when the gun emptied itself, by the selector switch, not trigger. Yes I have been shooting for a long time and this is the first time I seen such a terrible order. 3/3 faulty products, one faulty in a dangerous way.

I did contact them only to inform them about my issues. If their level of care is to send out products like that then I really can't expect much of a response from them.

A muzzle break falling off is a lot better than getting a nonfunctional gun. If I could fix these myself I'd have no problem but I haven't much experience with airgun innards.

Well you didn't even give them a chance to reply before making assumptions that they don't care, and wont fix it.