Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:56 pm 

Hi folks ,
I thought this would be a fun topic to chat about. I put this notion to the test in a big way last night.
I shot all my CO2 replicas ranging from $140 pistols - $300 pistols, Blow Back Only. I shot them back to back with my G&G GTP Air soft and my lovely freak pistol ( KJWorks KP-07 ) that gets kicked out of the air soft skirmishes lol. It kicks out 25s as high as 400fps !?? Chronoed by Bad Lands. He was in shock lol. It never runs out of gas and shoots full power to the last dump mid 300s. It dumps it's gas to the last shot ?? Like wow. Ace tuned it. Lol , he sort of fixed it and it became this way by accident. Anyway I wanted to fully illustrate just how much better an Air Soft pistol is than it's counter part replica's.
I shot from seven yards out double taps to 4 steal rams and pigs. Two rams two pigs. Each spread apart 36 inches. The object is to hit each silhouette twice only with only 8 shots in the clip. Rams are rimfire 5" Silhouettes and pigs 4" rimfire silhouettes . But as fast as you can shoot all 4. I shoot from left to right and vice versa.
My results here were simple and boring. The Sig. KP-07 and the G&G GTP smoked them all by a 100% .
I shoot my 2 guns well but hardly no misses. The BB replicas were just not even functional at all, at the speed I was shooting the air Soft at. It's almost not fair. Because I love BB guns Pellet guns ... the whole business.
The next test was very simple too, accuracy to 11 yards out. I scored about 1/2" group with 3 shots only, my best try with the the more striker fire G&G Air soft pistol. The Beretta APX BB Replica was my sniper BB pistol I used for the Accuracy test. My very best was 1" group 11 yards. Standing free hand using Isometric Tension on the grip. " I suppose" executioners are never good teachers. Also the repeatability was 90% with Air Soft. It was 50% with the BB Replicas ... but fun : ) So , I thought it would be fun to start some discussion on this fun fact. Well, for me it's a fact.
Good night and try it it's fun. When you get good, you can time your self.
Captain Air

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:05 am 

Did you try different BB's ? Only way to test accuracy is try different ammo and see what shoots the best. Because I could say my 22 is not accurate, and run the cheapest of cheap pellets.

Personally I would call the test inconclusive. Too many variables. I would like to see the test done with say 1911 Airsoft/1911 BB, Glock Airsoft/Glock BB ETC. Co2 also runs higher pressure than green gas/propane.. So the Co2 BB guns would have harder blow back. Making it have a bit more recoil. So the Airsoft would recover faster on target. That be like putting my 22LR up against my 9mm in a plate challenge. So I think only reason why the airsoft did better on the speed was the lower pressure of the green gas.

Because I could do an accuracy test with a Glock and 1911... And shoot the 1911 more accurately and say that more accurate. But someone could shoot the Glock more accurate. But a little more time I could shoot the Glock just as accurate.

I just see too many variables to call it fact.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:32 am 

Hey Bud ,
how you doing. I agree I think it's not fair at all. I mentioned that because. I wish the BB Co2s were a bit more precise. But I shot 18 pistolas bud. At crazy power levels stock or other wise too much to chat about. I am a 1 finger man as I am now. This is taking me like 5 min. to wright lol. But anyway yes I did give the CO2 BB Blow Back Replicas a chance but like I said only my Beretta Striker effort took 1 inch from 11 yards. Pellets are not my thing for training guns .... way too expensive. we pay stupid money on ammo. Even for the rich. JSB H&N etc.
Cheers,
Captain Air

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:49 am 

Interesting.

Many manufactures make both 6mm Air soft and 4.5 steel BB in the same pistol design.
I would like to see you do an target accuracy comparison, using NON BLOCKBACK pistols
of the same make and model.

For example Dan Wesson offers both.

https://www.replicaairguns.ca/dan-wesso ... us-version
https://www.replicaairguns.ca/asg-dan-w ... 2%20Barrel

Then we would know which is more accurate to some degree, however I find that even if you buy two of the same pistols off the shelf
they don't always shoot the same...its like Guitars, no two exact same guitars sound alike.