Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:36 pm 

Hello all, I have a slavia 630 modle 77 that I have had since I was 12. Thinking of putting a new main spring in it and tuning it up. I happen to have a stoger x10 laying around with a broken sear. Anyone know if the sprigs are interchangeable without me tearing them both apart?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:30 pm 

rem700j wrote:
Anyone know if the sprigs are interchangeable without me tearing them both apart?

LOL, my initial thought was this is nuts, how's he going to change the spring without tearing the gun apart! :D :D
And then, .. no X10 is the same as Crosman Phantom and the springs are not interchangeable. But springs are cheap and easy to find for a 630:
viewtopic.php?t=49425&view=previous

Good luck with your tunes. :drinkers:

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:51 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
rem700j wrote:
Anyone know if the sprigs are interchangeable without me tearing them both apart?

LOL, my initial thought was this is nuts, how's he going to change the spring without tearing the gun apart! :D :D
And then, .. no X10 is the same as Crosman Phantom and the springs are not interchangeable. But springs are cheap and easy to find for a 630:
viewtopic.php?t=49425&view=previous

Good luck with your tunes. :drinkers:

Umm It could work if you are desperate. According to a Ebay ad for a spring for a OEM SLAVIA 630 Spring.

Quote:
- Outer diameter 18,9 mm
- Inner diameter 12.8 mm
- Length 230 mm

Measurement for a Crosman break barrel common spring is

Quote:
36 coils-
I.D -.498 ( 12.6492 mm )
W.D. .123
O.D.-.734 (18.6436 mm )
The length varies.

But you are right, for about 32$ you can get a OEM spring from Poland.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:17 pm 

I did use a spring from a phantom one time that fit without any grinding or negative effect, gave it a little boost in fps as well, both rifles are easy to take apart and reassemble with lots of info on how to do so here if you have any problems
Try it...ya never know but like the other guys have mentioned, springs are cheap and readily available

Steve

Walther Falcon .25
Benji XL 1100

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:47 pm 

Pardon for the segue, but I saw Steve's Slavia 618 in his footer.

Do you know the dimensions or replacements for the 618 mainspring and piston seal? I've had mine for about 60 years and think it may be time for a new spring.

With a couple of flat washers as spacers it chronographs Crossman Premier HP 7.9gr pellets 340 fps which makes me wonder how much it is really down on power?

Webley Viscount .177
Crossman 1377 Classic Pump .177
Diana Stormrider2 .22
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite