Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:58 pm 

Saw an interesting video on the "airsoft" version of the Schofield, from 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpmZPoUC0jw

Interesting how it came in 3 finishes back in 2017 (black, antique & nickel) and grip needed screwdriver to remove it to insert the CO2. And they call it the 1877 Major 3, not the Schofield.

Also looks like it shoots with a lot less velocity than the BB/Pellet version.

Sort of bugs me that the airsoft guys get all the choices. But I suspect it is a much bigger market.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:34 am 

Part 3. Dennis ages his new Schofield.

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-exper ... ld-part-3/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:27 am 

Finally got to test the accuracy/velocity of my new toy :) . One hand upright shooting @ 25 feet, 14.5°C, no wind.

Attachments:
Schofield_target_1.JPG
Schofield_target_1.JPG [ 46.14 KiB | Viewed 174 times ]
Schofield_target_2.JPG
Schofield_target_2.JPG [ 48.32 KiB | Viewed 174 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:59 am 

Replaced the smoothbore barrel for a .177 rifled barrel, much better accuracy, SAME POWER.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:08 pm 

I think the European (ASG) pellet versions had a rifled barrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joAEar1BbZ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Bh7rNYNaI

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:18 pm 

Had 2 small issues with my Schofield's left grip panel. First one, the decorative screw was protruding too far inside and butted against the CO2 cartridge, leaving a gap between the grip panel and grip frame. Easy to fix, I just ground the end of the screw a little and problem solved. Second one, when I put in the second CO2 cartridge in, despite being careful not to tighten it too much, the plastic around the hex-shaped tool cracked. I didn't fix it yet, but I'll just unscrew the tool off the grip and fill the voids with JBWeld before putting it back in place. Will post a picture when done.

Attachments:
Schofield_left_grip_panel.JPG
Schofield_left_grip_panel.JPG [ 82.54 KiB | Viewed 136 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:50 pm 

airmec wrote:
Had 2 small issues with my Schofield's left grip panel. First one, the decorative screw was protruding too far inside and butted against the CO2 cartridge, leaving a gap between the grip panel and grip frame. Easy to fix, I just ground the end of the screw a little and problem solved. Second one, when I put in the second CO2 cartridge in, despite being careful not to tighten it too much, the plastic around the hex-shaped tool cracked. I didn't fix it yet, but I'll just unscrew the tool off the grip and fill the voids with JBWeld before putting it back in place. Will post a picture when done.

Many gun's now have the tool included in the grip, wich is a good idea, but not strong enough imo. So I'm not using it, I prefer to have a separate allen key to do it, much stronger...

SilentMan... :drinkers:

SA 1911 TRS, Brodax 44, Schofield #3

6mm
M1911A1 twin barrel, M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa
M1911 twin Hi-Capa, DT4 Nemesis,Glock G17 Gen3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:46 pm 

silentman wrote:
airmec wrote:

Many gun's now have the tool included in the grip, wich is a good idea, but not strong enough imo. So I'm not using it, I prefer to have a separate allen key to do it, much stronger...

Excellent idea! I don't want to risk ruining the grip, even when it'll be repaired :roll: .

Hey BTW, have you got yours back from the warranty repair?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:24 pm 

I second what Silentman said.

I read in the early reviews, before I got my Schofield, that the hex key in the grip was an issue, and was prone to breaking. Therefore, I used an allen wrench to tighten down the CO2, right from the start. So I have never had a problem.

But on all my Umarex Colt Peacemakers, I have always used the key in the grip to tighten the CO2, without any problems.

Maybe Umarex makes them a bit stronger?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:33 pm 

BTW, there was a guy on eBay that made custom grips for the western airguns, Crosman 1861 & 1875, Schofield, Peacemakers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GRIPS-Custom-V ... SwZTNeSEX3

Not sure how active he still is.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:42 pm 

airmec wrote:
silentman wrote:
airmec wrote:

Excellent idea! I don't want to risk ruining the grip, even when it'll be repaired :roll: .

Hey BTW, have you got yours back from the warranty repair?

Not yet :cry:

SA 1911 TRS, Brodax 44, Schofield #3

6mm
M1911A1 twin barrel, M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa
M1911 twin Hi-Capa, DT4 Nemesis,Glock G17 Gen3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:56 am 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Maybe Umarex makes them a bit stronger?

I have no doubts about that, they feel way more sturdy.

BB1Shooter wrote:
BTW, there was a guy on eBay that made custom grips for the western airguns, Crosman 1861 & 1875, Schofield, Peacemakers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GRIPS-Custom-V ... SwZTNeSEX3

Not sure how active he still is.

I didn't see anything offered for an UX Colt SAA or Schofield, only for vintage Crosman. If I really want some, I think I'll make'em :wink: .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:59 am 

silentman wrote:
Not yet :cry:

Fais chier :( . Again, good luck :drinkers:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:35 pm 

Maybe contact the seller airmec. I recall he made replica "aged ivory" "stag horn" & "bone' grips for the Umarx Colt peacemaker & Crosman 1875.

His prices were fair, but shipping to Canada doubled the price.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:40 pm 

Finally got the confirmation of shipping from PyramydAir for my Schofield in gun metal finish :supz: :supz: :supz: . Also coming is a Legends Ace in the Hole revolver :D .