Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:09 pm 

airmec wrote:
silentman wrote:
airmec wrote:
Had 2 small issues with my Schofield's left grip panel. First one, the decorative screw was protruding too far inside and butted against the CO2 cartridge, leaving a gap between the grip panel and grip frame. Easy to fix, I just ground the end of the screw a little and problem solved. Second one, when I put in the second CO2 cartridge in, despite being careful not to tighten it too much, the plastic around the hex-shaped tool cracked. I didn't fix it yet, but I'll just unscrew the tool off the grip and fill the voids with JBWeld before putting it back in place. Will post a picture when done.

Many gun's now have the tool included in the grip, wich is a good idea, but not strong enough imo. So I'm not using it, I prefer to have a separate allen key to do it, much stronger...

SilentMan... :drinkers:

Excellent idea! I don't want to risk ruining the grip, even when it'll be repaired :roll: .

Hey BTW, have you got yours back from the warranty repair?

Finally, received refund from Pyramid air, thank's to them... 8)

I ordered from Air Gun Source, a Barra #3, plus a treat for the eye's, a Crosman Remington 1875 with it's 12 cartridge and smooth bore barrel... :tonqe: and a bottle of Hornady black diamond BB's (to try with my not satisfactory functionning M'n'P 40), YES...

A happy SilentMan... :drinkers:

SA 1911 TRS, Brodax 44, Schofield #3

6mm
M1911A1 twin barrel, M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa
M1911 twin Hi-Capa, DT4 Nemesis,Glock G17 Gen3

Last edited by silentman on Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:09 pm 

AT LAST!!! Just got my Schofield no 3 in gun metal finish, as well as the Ace in the Hole revolver from PyramydAir :rock: :supz: :partyman: .

Attachments:
Schofield_no3_gunmetal_1.JPG
Schofield_no3_gunmetal_1.JPG [ 71.7 KiB | Viewed 73 times ]
Schofield_no3_gunmetal_2.JPG
Schofield_no3_gunmetal_2.JPG [ 73.35 KiB | Viewed 73 times ]
Legends_Ace_in_the_hole.JPG
Legends_Ace_in_the_hole.JPG [ 78.06 KiB | Viewed 73 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:12 pm 

silentman wrote:
Finally, received refund from Pyramid air, thank's to them... 8)

Ordered a Barra #3, plus a treat for the eye's, a Crosman Remington 1875 with it's 12 cartridge and smooth bore barrel... :tonqe: and a bottle of Hornady black diamond BB's (to try with my not satisfactory functionning M'n'P 40), YES...

A happy SilentMan... :drinkers:

Aaaah, very glad for you :D . Maybe the stars were aligned toward Canada these days LOL!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:56 am 

Nice to see they arrived for you.

The new Schofield looks a lot nicer than the original one. Much cleaner without all the white writing on the right side.

I see you also got a spare 7.5" barrel with your Ace. Why not go for the custom shop & have them put it all together for you? Also, isn't it less expensive to order the 7.5" barrel from the custom shop (a $30 upgrade vs. a $50 barrel purchase)? Or did you want to have the option to convert back to 3.5" barrel at some later date? And did the spare 7.5" barrel also come with an inner barrel?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:24 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Nice to see they arrived for you.

The new Schofield looks a lot nicer than the original one. Much cleaner without all the white writing on the right side.

I see you also got a spare 7.5" barrel with your Ace. Why not go for the custom shop & have them put it all together for you? Also, isn't it less expensive to order the 7.5" barrel from the custom shop (a $30 upgrade vs. a $50 barrel purchase)? Or did you want to have the option to convert back to 3.5" barrel at some later date? And did the spare 7.5" barrel also come with an inner barrel?

Thank you Gerald :) .

Yes the Barra Schofield looks very clean compared to the ''old'' Bear River one, love it! The writings are not as discrete as on the nickel one, but looking from the side you almost don't notice them.

As for the Ace, I wanted to try it in stock form before modding anything, I saw so many good comments on the accuracy. However I knew I'd probably also would want to mod it later, that's why I ordered the 7.5'' barrel separately. And having the option to put it back to stock after if I wanted to, because I love reversible mods. The inner barrel doesn't come with the outer barrel, but that won't be a problem for me, as you may know :wink: .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:59 pm 

Airmec,

They look nice, congrats!

The Ace on the hole looks "SWEET", I like the worn in look to it.

T.A.G

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:32 am 

Tail Air Gunner wrote:
Airmec,

They look nice, congrats!

The Ace on the hole looks "SWEET", I like the worn in look to it.

T.A.G

Thank you sir :) . PM answered :wink: .