Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Canadian Customs
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:53 pm 

I made two orders with GMAC from the UK. They finally arrived in Canada, but customs is holding them and won’t release the items to Canada post for processing. Is this normal?
Been 3 days already in customs. I ordered folding stock, air stripper, 14.5 inch barrel, longer pellet probe for a Crosman 2240. Anybody else have same situation?

Post subject: Re: Canadian Customs
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:10 pm 

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately this is the new normal. The vendors seem to be experiencing this as well. All the new regulations and initiatives to discourage our hobby. Not fun.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:20 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately this is the new normal. The vendors seem to be experiencing this as well. All the new regulations and initiatives to discourage our hobby. Not fun.

Wow..what a joke! So they can hold it indefinitely then..
Thank you for the heads up

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:46 pm 

Rollin333z wrote:
jckstrthmghty wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

Wow..what a joke! So they can hold it indefinitely then..
Thank you for the heads up

I get radio equipment held up at the border all the time for a few weeks or more all the time now

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:02 pm 

I ordered an Air Force Condor frame a few years back from the U.S. it was held in customs for 2 months, because it was a black frame and they mistook it for a black rifle(AR15) frame. It took a phone calls and giving the the Air Force website, but I eventually got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:31 am 

Holdup at boarder is the new normal for just about everything now. What used to be a day is now up to a week or more. Even Amazon you wait a week or more for prime 2 day shipping even if it is shipped inside Canada. Then somethings show up quickly. Who knows anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:52 am 

They even hold IZH-61 magazines I got from e-bay for my TR-5. I was wondering why it doesn't arrive for so long and I was really surprised when a envelope with 3 small plastic thingies wit holes had a sticker saying that it was opened for inspection for Customs.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:10 am 

Well you need to understand that there is covid going on. So more packages, less people, longer wait times. Heck if it took 3 to 4 weeks to get into Canada. Seems what my avg time it takes to get something from the UK. What is 3-4 days?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:54 am 

Do you see anything in the pictures which would make my packages inadmissible to Canada?

Attachments:
7C7CA1BA-2509-4650-928F-DD578486459E.jpeg
7C7CA1BA-2509-4650-928F-DD578486459E.jpeg [ 60.14 KiB | Viewed 1117 times ]
EB50ED4A-4F2D-4D25-9E0F-7247F2E05679.jpeg
EB50ED4A-4F2D-4D25-9E0F-7247F2E05679.jpeg [ 405.36 KiB | Viewed 1117 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:04 am 

Rollin333z wrote:
Do you see anything in the pictures which would make my packages inadmissible to Canada?

No because my last order with them, I got it in July. Was for a sear, adjustable trigger spring, a extended probe, a breech, the collets for the valve and some seals. I think I received it about a month after ordering.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:34 am 

Rollin333z wrote:
I made two orders with GMAC from the UK. They finally arrived in Canada, but customs is holding them and won’t release the items to Canada post for processing. Is this normal?
Been 3 days already in customs. I ordered folding stock, air stripper, 14.5 inch barrel, longer pellet probe for a Crosman 2240. Anybody else have same situation?

3 days in Canada Customs is nothing/nadda. Long time ago, it used to take months, then got faster, but never that I recall, faster than a week
except for some round ball moulds I bought from England - those would arrive at my door 7 days after I placed the order. Those days are gone.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:13 pm 

A lot of government workers are using Covid to enforce a sort of "work-to-rule" program. At both the federal & provincial level.

While the rest of us have to work in these difficult times, or not get paid, some government workers feel they can keep getting paid, and don't have to do the work.

i suppose we should be grateful they show up for work.

Talk to some of the airgun retailers. They have some real horror stories about backlogs at Customs, way before covid started.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:13 pm 

I waited about 2-3 weeks for the Gamo swarm to come in from GamoUSA. Just sitting there in the Montreal customs branch.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:04 pm 

Hey thanks guys for all the inputs! Put my mind at ease then...
Getting really addicted to air guns. Have a Glock 17, Diana Chaser and a Crosman 2240.
Hopefully someday will have a FX Impact or Dream Tac Lite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:34 am 

I had mountain bike parts from the the UK held for 18 days by CBSA , they are really busy I think.