Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:28 am 

I love this gun... i miss it already, had to give this one away.

https://youtu.be/pc8xbo3RolA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:36 pm 

Good vid.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:18 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Good vid.

Thanks, trying to improve, always.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:22 pm 

Mine should arrive Friday and post office need to track down the UTG SCP-M392AOLW BugBuster 3-9x 32mm Mil-Dot which they claim to have tried to deliver almost 2 weeks ago. :-) After those are combined, we will see how it performs.

Webley Viscount .177
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite
FX Dynamic 500 .22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:53 pm 

Normk wrote:
Mine should arrive Friday and post office need to track down the UTG SCP-M392AOLW BugBuster 3-9x 32mm Mil-Dot which they claim to have tried to deliver almost 2 weeks ago. :-) After those are combined, we will see how it performs.

Same 495 FPS version? I miss it dearly. You will enjoy it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:25 am 

Mine is the full power version which averages 874 fps with Crosman Premier 14.3 grain pellets, after installing an Altaros regulator which I set at 150 BAR (2150 fps), versus 892 fps before. Groups with H&N FTT & Baracuda Hunter improved a bit from the regulator but the Crosman Premiers went from 45mm @ 10 metres to about 15 mm. The Baracuda Hunters made 8 mm, while FTT about 15 mm. All three will hit 22 LR metallic silhouette chickens (40 metres) and pigs (60 metres), 100% of the time off the bench and will stand in fairly well against my 22 LR rifles, offhand.

The biggest complaint was the usual hard bolt manipulation. It was mainly solved by simply spraying with Triflon although any quality lube would do the same. I polished the bolt contact surfaces, then the breach forcing cone which made the chambering of pellets acceptably within the range of 22 bolt action rifles. Groups were improved by re-crowning the muzzle. Most of the polishing and crown work was performed using various cratex abrasives in my Dremel.

I am struggling with obtaining hits on the turkey at 77 metres, using H&N FTT (18.21 gr), given 6-8" groups and about 15-inch drops from 25-yard adjustment.

I am obtaining those groups on paper targets beside the turkey but unable to obtain hits on the turkey but the light was going. I will try different pellets and revisit the problem next week.

The goal is to use the Stormrider to enter fun metallic silhouette shoots at the club. My 22 LR rifles will offer some competition but I'm old, and have gone down that road.

My 11-year-old granddaughter loves the Stormrider so it will have a home even if it can't knock over turkeys and rams.

I've ordered a Kral Puncher Mega Marine Walnut in 22 to see how it does in this problem.

Hopefully Airgun & Archery Fun will have filll port with gauge and a barrel band with rail for the Storm.

I bought a 3D printed plastic front barrel band with rail, from eBay. It seemed to help groups a little but every time I took the Storm to the range, the scope was far off. It became clear that the problem was that any bump or pressure twisted the barrel band on the reservoir and barrel, moving the barrel out of alignment. The 4 set screw holes in the plastic band have cracked and could not grip well enough to prevent skidding on the barrel. Perhaps cup point set scew could hold the alignment but that would create craters in the steel which isn't happening. Someone suggested using hair spray or another agent to bond the plastic band but I prefer to buy a steel one and be done with that.

Other than to remove some trigger travel, the trigger hasn't received attention as yet.

Webley Viscount .177
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite
FX Dynamic 500 .22