Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Noobie to Disco Mods
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:16 pm 

Hey guys, long story short, I finally live where I can use my PCP more and I wanted to know these things...

-I have a stock Benjamin disco w/pump it came with. I'd like to mod it while it's still common/parts available. I haven't shot mine in probably 4-5 years.
-What are the mods you guys would do for accuracy ect? I also drilled a swivel stud in the stock which isn't 100% aligned so using a bipod would make it uneven, so I am looking at a synthetic stock and then as a plus I could camo it which I enjoy doing.
-Do you recommend any parts from here - https://discosrus.net/ ...he said he'd ship from the states but currently they're not taking orders. They also have the Maximus Synthetic Stock for 25$ with a swivel stud, unless better options exist. Thanks in advance guys.. and if anyone is around North Bay, ON let me know, would be cool to know a fellow airgunner in the area.

Post subject: Re: Noobie to Disco Mods
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:55 pm 

The sky is sort of the limit when it comes to the Discovery and the Maximus (and a lot of Crosman airguns)

You can replace the trigger with a better one, play around with different hammer spring tensions, valves, hammers and there's power adjusters you can buy.

Don't know what websites you're familiar with but if you look for any place that sells Crosman custom parts chances are good they'll have parts for the Benjamin Discovery and Maximus.

Couple of places in the US that I've purchased parts from that ship to Canada are Magnum Air power and Alliance Hobby. Now I don't know what shipping is like now as it's been a few months since I ordered from them..

Scopes and Ammo and Canada Shooting Supply are Canadian online stores with custom parts for some Crosman and Benjamin air guns.

So far all I've done to my Maximus is a new brass trigger from Canada Shooting Supply and a muzzle break from Alliance Hobby.

There's lots of other air gun forums on the internet especially american-based with tons of ideas to modify Crosman and Benjamin airguns

Cheers,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:26 pm 

I have bought stuff off Magnum Air quite a few times..you can get a hogged out Disco valve,they have a Marauder poppet in them, extra light valve spring. He has a bypass valve for the disco too, but you couldn't use the gauge where it would be regularly would be. He use to have Gauge/ Fill adapter too I forget what else. He has heavy hammer springs up to .45 wire and a .42 and I think a .38. i use the .41, cocking fairly easy and get about 30 shots in the 900'fps and into the 1000's and end with about 1700psi, using JSB 18 grain pellets. The ES not so good at 12.39%. It uses 43.3 psi/per shot, I was thinking of a regulator but not sure on it. Not enough room for it with having a depinger in it already with the bypass valve cap.

https://ibb.co/1RjyG8f

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:30 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
I have bought stuff off Magnum Air quite a few times..you can get a hogged out Disco valve,they have a Marauder poppet in them, extra light valve spring. He has a bypass valve for the disco too, but you couldn't use the gauge where it would be regularly would be. He use to have Gauge/ Fill adapter too I forget what else. He has heavy hammer springs up to .45 wire and a .42 and I think a .38. i use the .41, cocking fairly easy and get about 30 shots in the 900'fps and into the 1000's and end with about 1700psi, using JSB 18 grain pellets. The ES not so good at 12.39%. It uses 43.3 psi/per shot, I was thinking of a regulator but not sure on it. Not enough room for it with having a depinger in it already with the bypass valve cap.

https://ibb.co/1RjyG8f
One reason i havent put a regulator in my Maximus is because of the Maxumus already low pressure and smallish reservoir.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:53 pm 

So what do you do about it? I'm not sure if the guy in the US Disco's r us he makes the Disco double tub reservoirs any more, they looked heavy? To bad you couldn't use a Marauder tube to replace. Or get a special tube made. I would be into something like that, might be pricey.

My 2 cents

This dude carries them...Discos R us is temp closed on website but this guy still sells them!

https://ibb.co/sw359Cz

https://www.stalwartarms.com/hpa-and-do ... -kits.html

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

Last edited by Canadianguy on Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:58 pm 

I guess you could try a regulator anyway with just one reservoir or do the double Disco reservoir.

Smarter and more experienced people than me, must have tried both. I guess it depends how much time and money person wants to invest into it.

I am very new to PCP airguns so my knowledge and experience are limited to what i have found through research so far.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:10 pm 

Maybe your fine as it is! You can put a Marauder trigger on it, you would probably like it.

I never knew anything about PCP's when I came in here. Specially this disco and how generally the whole PCP airgun operate. I know so much more now in the last 4 yrs... sometimes you can ask too many questions, guilty of that.. there is over whelming info on Maximus and the Disco

Good luck!

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:35 pm 

As a suggestion...you can drill out the screw hole in the stock that is off center, glue in a piece of dowel then sand/refinish or re-drill as needed.

Al

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:48 am 
Supporting Member 2009

You could remove the crooked stud, fill the hole and reinstall it straight.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:30 am 

Or could also install a bipod with tilt/pan.. To comp for the offset stud.

I would prefer the wood stock over the Syn maximus stock. It looks nicer, and doesn't have the hollow sound when you shoot. Plus you can paint a wood stock camo. Sand it down, and use bedliner, it will give you a syn texture feel.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:01 am 

Cdnhunter117 wrote:
Hey guys, long story short, I finally live where I can use my PCP more and I wanted to know these things...

-I have a stock Benjamin disco w/pump it came with. I'd like to mod it while it's still common/parts available. I haven't shot mine in probably 4-5 years.
-What are the mods you guys would do for accuracy ect? I also drilled a swivel stud in the stock which isn't 100% aligned so using a bipod would make it uneven, so I am looking at a synthetic stock and then as a plus I could camo it which I enjoy doing.
-Do you recommend any parts from here - https://discosrus.net/ ...he said he'd ship from the states but currently they're not taking orders. They also have the Maximus Synthetic Stock for 25$ with a swivel stud, unless better options exist. Thanks in advance guys.. and if anyone is around North Bay, ON let me know, would be cool to know a fellow airgunner in the area.

https://www.stalwartarms.com/hpa-and-do ... -kits.html

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:00 pm