Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:27 pm 

Created this account a while ago to learn more about the sport after my dad bought a few air guns.
Now I find myself looking for a way sell some guns and figured this would be the best place to start.

I have 2 cheap rifles (Daisy Red Rider and Crossman 760 Pumpmaster).
Plus a replica C02 handgun (KWC SIG P226-S5 BLOWBACK BB GUN)

Along with oil, bbs, targets, cases etc..

The regulations are a bit confusing, but I don't think these can go on Kijiji or Marketplace, etc..

Is this the right place to list these or are there additional regulations or rules I should be respecting?
I don't have any level of air gun licensing.

Thanks,
Ed...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:18 am 

Local craigslist may work for you just fine. To sell here , unless you are local to a buyer , you would need more than a one post history. Sorry about your dad.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:25 pm 

As you're aware, these are, indeed, cheap airguns. You could buy both new for $100 +/- plus taxes and shipping (which would be about 20% of the price of the guns).

They are also both classic "starter" airguns, and if they are clean and in fine working order, they are not unsellable. I have two alternatives to suggest to you. One, post them on this board for $65, plus shipping, for the pair. Two, hold onto them as great starter rifles for a youngster in your family-and-friends circle.

Generally speaking, Walther is right in suggesting that members are seriously cautious about one-post sales, but this particular scenario is certainly not one that shouts "SCAM"! :) As a member, and one who has introduced himself, you are most welcome to post them for sale here. I'd suggest you look at a few ads to see what info you should add, and just sign the add off with something like, "these are non-regulated rifles that do not require a PAL, but you must be 18 to purchase."

Good luck.

Note: My price was just a suggestion; you're welcome to attach any price to your rifles (either individually or as a package). "Make me an offer", however, is not acceptable; you must attach a price.