Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:24 pm 

A very beautiful Pro Sport and a very tiny small part in a big box, a custom made barrel band for my PP700 were delivered to my front door in the morning together.... What a (ohh, two) long wait....

Some ppl might know I had been hunting and waiting the Pro Sport to be restocked then to my surprise one of a nice gentleman in the forum was willing to part with his so I grabbed it without thinking for a second.... it's just so beautiful and I feel very satisfying to pick the AA against the HW...

No picture for the whole gun just the details as I think you all know what a PS looks like and this is nothing special but just a Rowan fully adjustable trigger was installed and replaced the factory one.

And no picture regarding the AA's famous bluing too.... I was no able to take a good picture to show that nice and deep, prefect bluing... Just say, I don't want to touch it to leave even a finger print on the silky deep dark and shining surface....

Just had time to put 2 pellets through it, even the scope on it was not re-zeroed to my basement range yet. So here is just some initial impression based on the 2 shots...

The barrel on the PS is obviously shorter than my HW35 with muzzle brake installed. And the hidden cocking arm based on the middle of the gun... I was told, it's much better balanced than other rifle .... And [emoji33] the first time I raised it up and shouldered it, there looks nothing on the front end and super rear end heavy~ [emoji38] just a minute later and I found that's true, I like the weight of the gun balanced like that on my right hand and on the shoulder. Compared to handling the HW35 which I need to put the gun more vertically when holding it with my right hand, otherwise I was afraid the front end weight would twist and hurt my wrist. And nothing like that on the PS.

After later I finished my two test shots, I found the gun really doing well and steady when being shouldered...

Cocking.... I think I need to change my way to cock this gun. I cocked it like using my break barrels and found my arm looks not long enough to cock the cocking lever to the end and need another push down to hear the final click... And as this one has a 12ft.lbs spring in it, I didn't feel it very hard to cock. Talked with my friend owns tx200, looks ppl usually use left hand to hold the gun, right hand to cock, then swith to left hand again to hold the cocking arm and then use right hand to load... I will try that in the next session.... Just can't wait any longer to write this up and share with you guys...

Shooting.... Nothing related to accuracy as ppl all how how accurate the PS can be... It did surprise me as the muzzle report just much quieter than I thought and shoots very smoothly and looks like recoiless... I don't have a 97, so only able to compare it with my HW35E. 22 caliber. And it gave me the above impression, quieter and less recoil than my 35 with similar power...

Might be benefited by the vent and recoil absorbing butt pad, I barely feel the recoil that even my non PAL HW30 would give me a crispy kick, but things looks smoothed out on the PS...

In general.... Just so happy with this beauty and feels like dream come true!! ImageImageImageImage

HW45 with customized grips from UK
Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine
Camo Chaser long barrel carbine
PP700SA long barrel carbine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:28 pm 

Nice. I agree it was worth the long long wait. :drinkers:

Duke ))))----//----------==

HW97K .22
Hatsan AT44-10W .22
Cometa Fusion Premiere Star .22 /.177

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:40 pm 

Excellent acquisition. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:45 pm 

Yeah.... A super long wait since last autumn and actually AGS still not yet have their new shipment arrived yet...

Took a new picture, however it's not good enough to present how beautiful the rifle is... Image

Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:21 pm 

Looking good! Who would have been silly enough to part with that rifle!? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:38 pm 

Must be a handsome guy with a kind heart~ [emoji38]

Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:54 pm 

Congratulation to that beauty, really nice bluing and stock.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:59 pm 

I don't know; his guns are great, but his timing is always lousy. :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:52 am 

Polished blue steel and wood :drinkers: nice combination!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:53 am 

looks like someone needs to enter a field target event soon :idea: :?: nice gun :!:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:47 am 

CBS shooter wrote:
looks like someone needs to enter a field target event soon :idea: :?: nice gun :!:

I don't know about YepYep but I'd rather show up with some PA special than a AA PS. That way I would have some sort arguable excuse for the poor performance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:59 am 

Want to, but looks I just doing too bad in shooting... And not sure how long I need to get used to the PS beauty ~

'Welded ' my old P3 with new scope on the chair and shot rested, it (Yes, IT, not me...poor shooter only response for pulling the trigger...) made a one hole 5 shots group... And shooting offhands, I made an one inch group...

I also tried shooting my FWB from inside the house to the back yard fence with 10x fixed power scope to about 20 yards away.... The sight picture just looked like riding a roller coaster.... Then I couldn't imagine what would looks like to 50 yards~ :eek: :eek: ImageImage

I think I also need a PA Special. 22 for the match too~ :drinkers:

Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:05 am 

Congratulations! What a beauty!

通过我的 TAS-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

Benjamin Classic 22
Crosman Optimus
Artemis CR600W PCP
Artemis PP800
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:20 pm 

The ProSport is my favourite model of the Air Arms springer rifles.
Very nicely finished indeed.