Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:40 pm 

Well well ~ finally have this shiny stainless steel custom machined barrel band from airmec!! Very nice small piece of art~ Which was posted to my door packed 'overly' well in a big box and wrapped by layers of extra protections... [emoji38] I was thinking that's an new iPhone in the box....

It's beautiful and well fitted onto my PP700 and holds the long barrel so well for me!

I think I can call my PP700 project completed after fitting in the band. Due to the virtual learning starts today, busy with my kids, looks not able to put some time to test and adjust and tinker with the gun soon but will keep you guys posted~

Thanks to Wes, Jason, airmec, Hobbyman2007 and leadslinger and many other good guys here who really helped me in working on the gun~ love my PP700~

Learned a lot about PCP guns and here is a list about what was modes / added.... Folding shoulder stock, long barrel with muzzle brake, SS barrel band, Hawke 4x32 AO scope, carbon fiber tubes (2 layers) work as a barrel shround to make the 12mm barrel to 16mm diameter, 3 holes and set screws in the action block to hold the barrel together with the barrel band. ImageImageImageImage

HW 40+Extender / Scoped P3 / 45 / 75
Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine
Camo Chaser long barrel carbine
PP700SA long barrel carbine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:48 pm 

Yep,
That looks really nice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:25 pm 

Dude that looks awesome!!! I was more than happy to do my part in helping!!! Thank you for sporting my barrel and brake. Now it’s time for a pp750 right???? Lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:53 am 

Very nice looking...you have inspired me to add some bling to my 2289....your gun is a showpiece....good job to all involved... :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:11 am 

Looks very nice. How about an offset low rings to complete your gun? Almost perfect!

通过我的 TAS-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

AirArms ProSport
Feinwerkbau 300S
Weihrauch HW100KT
Weihrauch HW97K
Weihrauch HW50
Weihrauch HW30S
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:09 am 

That's considerable ~ Not a springer makes much more easy choices for scopes and mounts indeed~

Alright ~ squeezed up some time, and put through 20/30 pellets through the new setup last night to read zero the scope and made some groups.

The result was positive! The barrel band and the set screws holding the barrel tight and well in position gave me tight groups as 3/8 inches. Overall I can say it shoots better than my other similar setup (14inches barrel 2240) in the house.

So there's only one remained issue on the gun (uhh... Maybe the off set scope mount too~;)), the regulator... However looks have to take this with me for some time as I have the problem to reach the reg right now... And not very sure if just a dropin reg (expensive...) could fix everything...

HW 40+Extender / Scoped P3 / 45 / 75
Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine
Camo Chaser long barrel carbine
PP700SA long barrel carbine