Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:44 am 

So I went to Canadian Tire to pick up the .22 cal hobby pellets they have advertised online....500 for 17.99..when I got there the tins were only 250 pc. tins...price...17.99... I pointed out the error to customer service and they said well thats the price..do u want them? What a bunch of scammers...rude too! Like as if I was trying to scam them by getting the pellets for half price.... :roll:
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/rws- ... 0124p.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:04 am 

Sorry for your experience, it a big retail chain, you can't avoid customer service like that, those guys doesn't care on what they have on the flyer or what's on sale, they just go there to work and stay till their shift is done. For the mislabel, if you file a complain at better business bureau, they should be able to coordinate the complain get hold of the corporate office to fix that issue. If you call the corporate office to complain, I don't know how they go along with that, might bounce you around for that. in the first place most of these giant retail chain has a policy of mislabeled item or even price tag that is expired if its still on display, they should honor it, don't know what they called that policy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:22 am 

You win some you lose some:
A while back Cabellas had listed tins of 200 on-line, but they were shipping tins of 400 for $5 a tin.
topic81951.html
BTW, they did refund me but only $5 + tax for one tin that was busted open - not for the rest that were only dented.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:53 am 

It's Canadian Tire.

When was there ever customer service?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:46 pm 

I always tried to buy there because I felt I was supporting a Cdn company...

I avoid Cdn Tire as mush as I can now for certain items. Customer service is low!

I once bought a wine refrigerator as a gift for a friend,
when it failed to work, and I took it back for a replacement a few days later,
they told me is was considered a "kitchen item" and the store policy in place meant that I would have to deal with the manufacture
directly. ( This was during Christmas ) I had to do some begging to the store manager ( Begrudgingly as I knew getting angry would get me nowhere )
..in the end she was "nice" enough to give me a refund but I had to work some serious convincing magic.

I then drove across the parking lot to Lowes Canada / Home Depot and Walmart...first thing I did was go to the returns section and asked them all...
"If I buy a wine refrigerator from you, and it does not work, or I change my mind for whatever reason...can I bring it back? " they all said yes!

Don't buy kitchen items form Cdn Tire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:50 pm 

In Québec you would have walked out of the store with 400 pellets for 7.99$...
We have a law here that states that if a retail store doesn’t individually put price tag on each item (which no big box stores does anymore) and there is an error between the advertise price and the scanned price they have to:
If the item is worth more than 10$ the retail store must give you a 10$ rebate on the item
If the item is less that 10$ they must give it to you.

This is to force the retailer to double check their prices so the customer are not the one being scammed.

Daisy 953
Umarex HPP
Walther PPK/S
Smith & Wesson M&P 40
Colt Python .357 (polymer)
Walther CP99
Smith & Wesson TRR8
KWC 226-S5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:02 pm 

Yeager wrote:
In Québec you would have walked out of the store with 400 pellets for 7.99$...
We have a law here that states that if a retail store doesn’t individually put price tag on each item (which no big box stores does anymore) and there is an error between the advertise price and the scanned price they have to:
If the item is worth more than 10$ the retail store must give you a 10$ rebate on the item

This is to force the retailer to double check their prices so the customer are not the one being scammed.

Hey, I now recall a similar "deal" exists in Ontario, although I have no idea if it is law or just some stores' policy. I believe Loblaws does it for groceries. If scanned price is not sticker price you get item free (of course you have to speak up at checkout). I had that happen before some years ago, also same at Freshco..I got $10 off a bag of birdseed.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:59 pm 

MyCrosman wrote:
So I went to Canadian Tire to pick up the .22 cal hobby pellets they have advertised online....500 for 17.99..when I got there the tins were only 250 pc. tins...price...17.99... I pointed out the error to customer service and they said well thats the price..do u want them? What a bunch of scammers...rude too! Like as if I was trying to scam them by getting the pellets for half price.... :roll:
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/rws- ... 0124p.html

Hobby did the very same thing with their .177 pellets two years ago. Always shot them and came in tins of 500. Then they rebranded the tins to 300 pellets and charged the same money. I was getting them from Airgun Source. I quit buying, shooting them and moved on to H&H pellets. A game they play and they lost my bussiness. They wanted more money for their pellets but did not want to raise the price. They are hoping not many people notice. Either pay the new price or move on. I know it is not Canadian Tire doing anything wrong. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:10 pm 

Other retailers are selling .22 hobbies for half that price.....Canadian Tire are scammers...think about it...they are selling 500 pellets for almost $41.00 with taxes..:shock: who in their right mind would pay $41.00 for a tin of 500 pellets.... .22 grizzly wads shoot great in my 2289...at $2.97 a tin of 250....I just wanted to go with lighter pellets for a little more fps....but not at 6 times the cost....I'm not even going IN that building again after todays experience........

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:22 am 

Quote:

I believe that is a federal law.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:53 am 

MyCrosman wrote:
Other retailers are selling .22 hobbies for half that price.....Canadian Tire are scammers...think about it...they are selling 500 pellets for almost $41.00 with taxes..:shock: who in their right mind would pay $41.00 for a tin of 500 pellets.... .22 grizzly wads shoot great in my 2289...at $2.97 a tin of 250....I just wanted to go with lighter pellets for a little more fps....but not at 6 times the cost....I'm not even going IN that building again after todays experience........

Go with H&N Excite Plinkers. They're 12.8grn..

Not to defend Cambodian tire, but checking other airgun shops. Seems like not many places represent RWS hobby pellets accurately. I mean even AGS photo isn't even accurate. Picture shows RWS Hobby 250ct, but description says only 200. They want 9.99, while the Airgunstore, shows 500 ct, for 11.50. Even D&L shows 500ct for 10.99, but description says 250 ct.

Even Canada Shooting supply. Wants 15.99 for a 200ct.

SO is there even 500ct tins available? since those who list 500, says 250, but those who says 250, say 200...

When I seen it, I knew it was too good to be true, RWS for under the cost of Crosman.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:03 am 

The same thing happened several years ago with RWS Basic 7.0gr. pellets. Tins of 500 became tins of 300 for the same price. I was lucky to purchase a sleeve of 10 tins of 500 at $6 each on sale, just before they went back to $12 for 300. They shoot well in my P17 and B3.

Nothing works and I don't know why.

Two lathes and too many projects

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:37 am 

ricksplace wrote:
The same thing happened several years ago with RWS Basic 7.0gr. pellets. Tins of 500 became tins of 300 for the same price. I was lucky to purchase a sleeve of 10 tins of 500 at $6 each on sale, just before they went back to $12 for 300. They shoot well in my P17 and B3.

I guess its just the way things are now....just like tool town....they recently bumped up the price of .22 grizzly wads from 2.97/250 to 5.97/250....Maybe they realized their pellets were WAY underpriced...i dont know...fortunately I stocked up while they were cheap....mind you 5.97/250 is still a good deal for plinker pellets...as well as D&Rs Daisy H.P. .22s for 13.49/500...they shoot good for me too.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:33 pm 

Was at CDN Tire today. Saw these .22 pellets. again only 250 tin, whereas website says 500 in picture & description.

Spoke with 2 Managers about discrepancy (Stock Mgr. & Sporting Goods Mgr.). They advised that their internal stock information lists it as 250. They called the store office. Merchandising Head said to pull all from shelf (only one tin left), and they would be sending them back to CT warehouse. I asked to buy one tin, they said they can not sell them until they clear up the discrepancy.

I asked them to call me, if they go back on sale.

I thought it was a real strange way to deal with it. Only local retailer to sell these light .22 cal. pellets. Looks like I'm back buying online.

Cdn. Tire could learn a lesson or two about customer service, from the online airgun suppliers in Canada.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:23 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Was at CDN Tire today. Saw these .22 pellets. again only 250 tin, whereas website says 500 in picture & description.

Spoke with 2 Managers about discrepancy (Stock Mgr. & Sporting Goods Mgr.). They advised that their internal stock information lists it as 250. They called the store office. Merchandising Head said to pull all from shelf (only one tin left), and they would be sending them back to CT warehouse. I asked to buy one tin, they said they can not sell them until they clear up the discrepancy.

I asked them to call me, if they go back on sale.

I thought it was a real strange way to deal with it. Only local retailer to sell these light .22 cal. pellets. Looks like I'm back buying online.

Cdn. Tire could learn a lesson or two about customer service, from the online airgun suppliers in Canada.

HAHHA yeah right.. I highly doubt they will change, since their main focus isn't airguns. Then again, they do a crap job on tires too. But CT like I posted above, isn't the only place that description of these pellets are incorrect. Fact a few airgun stores have them incorrectly.

Min wage people with no care in the world. Our CT, there was a older lady, at cash..Only one working. Paging on the intercom asking for a spare cashier. She said that must been 10 times, in a span of 5 mins. While people that worked there just standing talking to each other.