Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:16 pm 

Anyone have experience with this one or how it may compare with more popular and widely available RWS R10 Match 7.0 grain and Meisterkugeln 7.0 grain ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:20 pm 

Don't know about the 7gr. R-10, but the RWS R-10 8.2gr. were VERY accurate in my FWB M150 Tyrolean.
It ran them out at almost exactly 600fps.
I've never shot that JSB pellet. I expect it would all depend on what your rifle or handgun likes. I do not have a
target showing the RWS's as they were shot at 20 and 25 yards using a scope. The 8.2gr.R-10 RWS also put down groups
the size of the 8.4gr. JSB's at both of those ranges.
Both of these targets were shot with the rifle's aperture sights at 10 meters, not 10 yards.

Attachments:
FWB 10 yardsresized.jpg
FWB 10 yardsresized.jpg [ 528.82 KiB | Viewed 291 times ]
FWB 2nd set of groups 10 yards.JPG
FWB 2nd set of groups 10 yards.JPG [ 670.79 KiB | Viewed 291 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:03 am 

The 7.0 gr R-10 is designed and used as a pistol match pellet, and the 8.2 gr as a rifle match pellet.

Yes, there is a difference- not so noticeable in rifles, but readily apparent in competition level pistols.
Both my 1701-P and 586-6" group tighter with the 7.0 gr R-10 than the heavier 8.2.
Incidentally, I have found that the 7.0 gr. R-10 match outshoots the Meister version by a tiny margin.
The 8.2 gr Meister is still a very good accuracy pellet, and in my better rifles, the equal of the R-10 version.

I don't really think 7.72 gr. is light weight for .177, as most are in the 7.8 ~ 8.2 gr range.

I think it would be a good idea to try the JSB. You never know what pellet is going to become your favorite unless you try.
I've come across some surprising pellet and gun combinations that shoot well enough, and are a lot more wallet friendly than the R-10 series pellets...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:19 am 

My testing results yielded the following conclusions.

JSB Match < meisterkugeln < R10 for consistency. I tested each a tin (500) of the light and heavy JSBs before deciding I would not using them for practice. Maybe 10 of the meisterkugeln. The R10's which I have shot many tins used to be my favorite but I moved on to H&N match these days. Same reason I moved on from the others. Consistency seemed better. I have not tried any of the hand sorted stuff so perhaps they are equal on that level. That is from the bench mostly with a TX200. In practice from the standing position with a rifle or pistol at 10m other than POI they all seemed accurate enough with my limited skill.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:32 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
My testing results yielded the following conclusions.

JSB Match < meisterkugeln < R10 for consistency. .

Agreed with this too~

To my experience, I used the JSB green tin a long time ago and the thin skirt edge is like blade sharp and I don't like the feeling from my finger tip when I push in the pellet. So I never bought it again.

And I found the R10 is the most consistent and well qc checked pellets so far. However the difference between the Meisterkugeln yellow tin and the black tin R10 is very little, and the R10 is so more and more expensive now, I don't think I would buy the R10 again when I finish my current inventory...

HW45 with customized grips from UK
Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine
Camo Chaser long barrel carbine
PP700SA long barrel carbine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:03 pm 

Thanks for replies. I have a tin of the JSB (7.72 grain) on the way . I have the R10 and Meister which I have been trying as alternative to domed JSBs. I find that accuracy is also influenced by my focus on technique and how I feel that day for any pellet I am using. My low power airguns will accept a couple of pellets for good results except Crosman M4-177 which is a tack driver only with JSB Exact 8.44 g domed. It is consistently my most accurate!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:10 pm 

Never tried the JSB "green" pellet... but I did try the H&N "green"... and I'm not buying any more green pellets if I can help it.
- they shot paterns, not groups

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:00 pm 

ten-ring wrote:
Thanks for replies. I have a tin of the JSB (7.72 grain) on the way . I have the R10 and Meister which I have been trying as alternative to domed JSBs. I find that accuracy is also influenced by my focus on technique and how I feel that day for any pellet I am using. My low power airguns will accept a couple of pellets for good results except Crosman M4-177 which is a tack driver only with JSB Exact 8.44 g domed. It is consistently my most accurate!

Have now tried a tin of these JSB with a my pistols/rifles and not impressed at all with poor grouping in all cases. I assume they put all their efforts into domed pellets which I use mostly.