Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:56 am 

Hi

Have any of you added a red dot to the Umarex Glock 17 gen 4 ?

I'd like to add one, but have never done it.
If anyone has, please let me know the model you bought and how did you put it on.
Photos etc?

Tail Air Gnr'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:19 am 

You can get a bridge mount that clamps on the bottom rail.

https://www.amazon.ca/HWZ-Tactical-Prec ... 11&sr=8-40

I'm curious if they made the rear sight dovetail, the same as a real Glock? That you maybe could mount a adapter plate to the rear sight.

Seen here.

https://www.amazon.ca/Hunting-Sight-Glo ... 48&sr=8-10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:56 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
You can get a bridge mount that clamps on the bottom rail.

https://www.amazon.ca/HWZ-Tactical-Prec ... 11&sr=8-40

I'm curious if they made the rear sight dovetail, the same as a real Glock? That you maybe could mount a adapter plate to the rear sight.

Seen here.

https://www.amazon.ca/Hunting-Sight-Glo ... 48&sr=8-10

Tks Lead Slinger

The Bridge mount looks massive, I'd like to get the dovetail plate. But I can't get the darn rear sights think off my glock...I'm scared to tap and damage it. They are only made of plastic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:39 pm 

Real glocks are plastic. You damage them a bit, if you dont use a pusher.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:46 pm 

Yeah, that' s what I thought, a pusher would cost more than the red dot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:50 pm 

As for the adaptor that attach to the bottom of the gun, it does the job really good and it is very stiff it will not move except if the bottom of the gun is not strong enough (like the Sig P320 wich I had)... I had one installed on my Glock 17 gen3 (6mm) and it was great, I bought it on Ehobbyasia.com for less then $10 each and they are made of aluminum/powder coated...

The plate adaptor is for me the best thing with a very small red dot and I believe it will fit our CO2 gun, at $19/$20 it is not that much if it does not fit...

SilentMan... :drinkers:

Brodax 44, Schofield #3, Remington 1875, Barra 009.

6mm
WE Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa, Glock G17 Gen3.
M2011A1 twin barrel, 1911 twin Hi-Capa, DT4 Nemesis.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:46 pm 

silentman wrote:
As for the adaptor that attach to the bottom of the gun, it does the job really good and it is very stiff it will not move except if the bottom of the gun is not strong enough (like the Sig P320 wich I had)... I had one installed on my Glock 17 gen3 (6mm) and it was great, I bought it on Ehobbyasia.com for less then $10 each and they are made of aluminum/powder coated...

The plate adaptor is for me the best thing with a very small red dot and I believe it will fit our CO2 gun, at $19/$20 it is not that much if it does not fit...

Are you thinking of getting the adapter? I've never removed the rear sight...and worry it might be a pain.
:)
I guess I was hoping to see if anyone else did it first :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:40 pm 

Tail Air Gunner wrote:
silentman wrote:

Are you thinking of getting the adapter? I've never removed the rear sight...and worry it might be a pain.
:)
I guess I was hoping to see if anyone else did it first :lol:

No, my G17gen3 is very accurate and stable, so no mod of that kind

Brodax 44, Schofield #3, Remington 1875, Barra 009.

6mm
WE Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa, Glock G17 Gen3.
M2011A1 twin barrel, 1911 twin Hi-Capa, DT4 Nemesis.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:52 pm 

Why would you need an adapter plate to add a red dot laser sight. The Glock 17 gen 4 has a weaver picatinny mount under the barrel no?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:02 pm 

GlockMock wrote:
Why would you need an adapter plate to add a red dot laser sight. The Glock 17 gen 4 has a weaver picatinny mount under the barrel no?

We're talking about red dot/reflex sights. Not red laser sights, that you shine around, making cats go crazy.

Plus slide mounted red dot sights, are closer to the bore axis and quicker to acquire, plus frame mounted mounts, limit the holsters you can use. I compete and I had red dots mounted in various methods, and the higher you get it over the bore, the slower it is to acquire it.

TAG I just realized that I have a Glock mount sitting here for an airsoft RMR RDS. I can measure it if you want?

Plus you can make it cool like this.. Yes this is a PB..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:07 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
GlockMock wrote:

We're talking about red dot/reflex sights. Not red laser sights, that you shine around, making cats go crazy.

Plus slide mounted red dot sights, are closer to the bore axis and quicker to acquire, plus frame mounted mounts, limit the holsters you can use. I compete and I had red dots mounted in various methods, and the higher you get it over the bore, the slower it is to acquire it.

TAG I just realized that I have a Glock mount sitting here for an airsoft RMR RDS. I can measure it if you want?

Plus you can make it cool like this.. Yes this is a PB..

Yeah, I don't like the laser ( The one that drives cats crazy lol ) I really wanted the Red dot on the slide, problem is I cant seem to remove the sights on my Umarex Glock

I think I may get the Sig M17, The rear sights are made to be removed ,and now Sig air offers a Redot just for that model

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Sig_Saue ... Sight/9714

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:18 pm 

Tail Air Gunner wrote:
Yeah, I don't like the laser ( The one that drives cats crazy lol ) I really wanted the Red dot on the slide, problem is I cant seem to remove the sights on my Umarex Glock

I think I may get the Sig M17, The rear sights are made to be removed ,and now Sig air offers a Redot just for that model

Have you removed the slide, any screws on the bottom? Honestly I never seen a Glock endorsed airgun, so I cannot fully say.

Was always curious if Sig was going to make a RX mount for theirs..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:38 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Tail Air Gunner wrote:

Have you removed the slide, any screws on the bottom? Honestly I never seen a Glock endorsed airgun, so I cannot fully say.

Was always curious if Sig was going to make a RX mount for theirs..

You've never seen the Umarex GLOCKS??? ultra realistic is the 17 gen 4, its teh one I have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op8kPjfJFPw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:00 am 

Tail Air Gunner wrote:

You've never seen the Umarex GLOCKS??? ultra realistic is the 17 gen 4, its teh one I have

HAHHA Yes I seen them, I just never seen one in person. SO I cannot see how the sights are attached or if they are just part of the slide.