Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Browning Leverage
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:18 pm 

The very long (now) saga of my Browning Leverage continues...(see my other posts on this topic). I was shooting from a rest and noticed a small piece of flat steel with a partial 1/16 in hole on the end that was on my rest and my safety was very loose and would not stay in detent. Took it apart to examine the trigger mechanism and found the other piece of the u shaped clip that hooks onto the safety lever. The u clip had been drilled for the pin obviously off center and they still installed it and it eventually broke... lack of quality control again evident.
I was going to order another one then decided to epoxy a thin bent strip of flat spring steel onto both sides of the trigger housing to act as a detent and it was a definite improvement. It will likely outlast me and you can adjust it by bending it with a small flathead without taking the gun apart. ggg. I took the opportunity to polish the trigger wear areas and decided to keep going. Built a jig and replaced the spring, the piston seal and the breech seal after polishing the air chamber and piston wear areas.... The piston seal was severely damaged obviously during its original installation and showed inordinate wear on one side because the inside burrs from the machining of the rectangular hole in the piston for the trigger sear had never been polished off. Smoothed trigger, new seals and good to go... now a much improved air gun... good design bad quality control.

Post subject: Re: Browning Leverage
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:09 pm 

Keppoch wrote:
The very long (now) saga of my Browning Leverage continues...good design bad quality control.

I read that the Browning Leverage is a Chinese copy of the HW77... So no wonder you found it's good design but bad quality...

Hope ppl could improve it by some DIY job or a good service... Or just buy a HW77?!

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:25 pm 

YepYep wrote:

I read that the Browning Leverage is a Chinese copy of the HW77... So no wonder you found it's good design but bad quality...

I don't think the Leverage had any roots in HW77. Anyhow Leverage can be made into a decent shooter but YMMV because of slap-dash Chinese quality. Not that Chinese industry is incapable of making a quality product, but the Leverage isn't coming off the top of the line production lines. Glad keppoch has been able to tune and polish his model. The one I had was well made with nice blued steel and beautiful wood and it responded well to an internal and trigger polish. :drinkers:

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:32 pm 

Appearance as noted by others was very nice, nice wood, nice bluing...Unfortunately nearly everything else needed a lot of work and now that I have the bugs ironed, out I am liking it as a shooter. This air rifle would not be recommended by me for someone that was not handy and used to doing a bit of gunsmithing as it has been a work in progress since coming out of the box. It is also very grip sensitive for a heavy lever air gun. Holding with pressure on front of the fore stock seems to work the best and delivers very consistent groups at 30 yds. It also likes the Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum 10.5 gr.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:47 pm 

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences. My Leverage can shoot well within half inch at 30 yards. I did remove the sloppy anti bear trap though.
https://youtu.be/RajcAeUFCzc