Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:08 pm 

Have any of you guys/gals bought one of these?, and if so...how do you feel about it after some time shooting it?

I've been mulling it over.. and still undecided

Sig Sauer M17 P320 ASP Blow-back Pellet Gun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:27 pm 

I had it, lots of misfires, pellets sticking in the belt. Very low FPS. But it looked great!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:35 pm 

replicacanada wrote:
I had it, lots of misfires, pellets sticking in the belt. Very low FPS. But it looked great!

Tks Replica Canada ( FYI, I remember your website, you had a review on the Crosman DPMS, I bought it and love it. :)

As I feared, I think I will get the airsoft version, it seems like a better "replica"
I prefer 4.5, but at least the air soft has lock open on last shot, and actually cocks the gun, unlike the pellet version where the side serves no actual purpose.
I also notice the Airsoft version has details that lack on the pellet version, which make s the AS version closer to the real gun

I pay go for the AS one. tks for your input

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:28 pm 

I have had a Sig M17 pellet shooter for almost 2 years now. Bought it used, from another member on the CAF.

I have only good things to say it. Good velocity & getting more than 60 good shots (some times 80, if I space out the shots & let it warm up in-between) from one CO2. Once you get use to it, I found the accuracy was good, for a pistol. And no complaints about the velocity or crispness of blowback.

It rarely misses emptying the belt of pellets & almost no jamming.

I only use flathead pellets (7.4 gr. Crosman Wadcutters & 7 gr. RWS flatheads). I make sure I seat the pellets in the belt properly, so it moves freely.

Compared it to the real firearm, when I was at Cabela's, and it is a very close replica.

All in all, a nice addition to my modern military airgun replica collection. (BTW, it is the new official handgun of the US Army. Replacing the Beretta 92A1, a couple of years ago)

And, its' a pellet shooter. When most replica pistols are BB. Also has a very different CO2 charging system, from most other CO2 guns. Once you get the hang of it, you will not lose any CO2 when piercing the cartridge.

Sig just came put with a new red dot sight to mount on it. See Dennis Adler's review.

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-exper ... ot-part-4/

Also, regularly goes on sale in the $150-180 range at Cabela's. I you ask, they may honor the prior sale.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:42 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
I have had a Sig M17 pellet shooter for almost 2 years now. Bought it used, from another member on the CAF.

I have only good things to say it. Good velocity & getting more than 60 good shots (some times 80, if I space out the shots & let it warm up in-between) from one CO2. Once you get use to it, I found the accuracy was good, for a pistol. And no complaints about the velocity or crispness of blowback.

It rarely misses emptying the belt of pellets & almost no jamming.

I only use flathead pellets (7.4 gr. Crosman Wadcutters & 7 gr. RWS flatheads). I make sure I seat the pellets in the belt properly, so it moves freely.

Compared it to the real firearm, when I was at Cabela's, and it is a very close replica.

All in all, a nice addition to my modern military airgun replica collection. (BTW, it is the new official handgun of the US Army. Replacing the Beretta 92A1, a couple of years ago)

And, its' a pellet shooter. When most replica pistols are BB. Also has a very different CO2 charging system, from most other CO2 guns. Once you get the hang of it, you will not lose any CO2 when piercing the cartridge.

Sig just came put with a new red dot sight to mount on it. See Dennis Adler's review.

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-exper ... ot-part-4/

Also, regularly goes on sale in the $150-180 range at Cabela's. I you ask, they may honor the prior sale.

Thanks BB shooter.
I was aware of the New CO loading system, I had seen that some of the air is used to eject the mag, so that every time you reload the pellets, you loose a bit of c02,
I was concerned about this but if you are getting 60 to 80- shots...and with blow-back, that's very good.
I just checked out the link you sent, the red dot really interests me, I think that may have helped me deiced to get it after all...

I'm also considering the air soft version, its more accurate in details to the real gun.

https://www.replicaairguns.ca/sig-sauer ... oft-pistol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:54 am 

I've been mauling over one of these too, i would rather buy used..

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Dan Wesson 715 Nickel 6" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:51 pm 

Yes buying used saves you a lot of $$$, but comes with added risk. I was lucky to be able to get one in almost brand new condition from a very respectable seller on this forum. But "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware). I have been burned on numerous used airgun purchases. Many sellers claim they "are in good working condition" only to find they don't function at all or if they do, they shoot a BB five feet before it dropped.

It has caused me to be very wary or any online airgun purchases. I apologies to sellers that think I'm not offering anywhere near what you think your old airgun from your youth that you found in your parents basement last week after sitting there for 30 years, is worth. FYI, the seals are dried out & it's not going to shoot with any velocity, or it was broken when you last used it, that's why you left it there (as I suspect you forgot that fact, over the years). And Santa's Elves didn't come & fix it.

On a positive side, I've become on a first name basis with the local airgun repairer.

So also check out store sales. As I said, Cabela's regularly has this airgun on sale in the $150-180 range. Other online sellers have great sales at certain times of the year.

Hard Air Magazine, also did a reviewed the new red dot sight for the M17:

https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/sig ... tallation/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:15 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Yes buying used saves you a lot of $$$, but comes with added risk. I was lucky to be able to get one in almost brand new condition from a very respectable seller on this forum. But "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware). I have been burned on numerous used airgun purchases. Many sellers claim they "are in good working condition" only to find they don't function at all or if they do, they shoot a BB five feet before it dropped.

It has caused me to be very wary or any online airgun purchases. I apologies to sellers that think I'm not offering anywhere near what you think your old airgun from your youth that you found in your parents basement last week after sitting there for 30 years, is worth. FYI, the seals are dried out & it's not going to shoot with any velocity, or it was broken when you last used it, that's why you left it there (as I suspect you forgot that fact, over the years). And Santa's Elves didn't come & fix it.

On a positive side, I've become on a first name basis with the local airgun repairer.

So also check out store sales. As I said, Cabela's regularly has this airgun on sale in the $150-180 range. Other online sellers have great sales at certain times of the year.

Hard Air Magazine, also did a reviewed the new red dot sight for the M17:

https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/sig ... tallation/

Hey BBSHOOTER

I've bought 5 used guns from this forum, lucky for me twice from the same seller and items were as described, and I am happy.
But there were a few others who posted "Never used" and let me tell you... it was WELL USED! another posted as "98% condition" the gun was a garbage, and so I sent it back for a refund.

Buying used has it's risks agreed, faulty valves, broken seals, etc.. If the price is cheap, then I don't mind chancing it, but over $100 for a used replica pistol... it better be in great condition.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:38 pm 

To buy this new is what i would like, don't like buying used but from the amount of complaints I've read about misfires and jams, would make no sense to buy it new and have to sell it later down the road for half the price. I sound negative I know, read to many reviews maybe. I seen the one that was on sale in here, i was broke then lol

O

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:07 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
To buy this new is what i would like, don't like buying used but from the amount of complaints I've read about misfires and jams, would make no sense to buy it new and have to sell it later down the road for half the price. I sound negative I know, read to many reviews maybe. I seen the one that was on sale in here, i was broke then lol

O

Cdnguy

I total agree, like you after all the bad reviews I stayed away, even bad reviews on SIG's own website... its shocking.

I think I may go for the Airsoft version, ( I would prefer steel bb but ... ) It looks more like the real gun, and it has an open ejector port, locks open on last shot
and whats more important, the trigger is like a normal gun, on the pellet version the trigger has to move the pellet ammo belt with every shot
so the trigger has a log take up, and ratchet feel to it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:36 pm 

Why doesn't this company come out with one good pellet pistol, where also you don't have to use certain brand and weight of pellet, 8 grain or something, also shoots low

I don't think they think much of it, just trying to get into the airgun market.

All those reviews on Cabelas are from the Sig website. Some of those reviews ate 5/5 long reviews. Maybe the reviews not real, you just don't know anymore.

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:48 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
Why doesn't this company come out with one good pellet pistol, where also you don't have to use certain brand and weight of pellet, 8 grain or something, also shoots low

I don't think they think much of it, just trying to get into the airgun market.

All those reviews on Cabelas are from the Sig website. Some of those reviews ate 5/5 long reviews. Maybe the reviews not real, you just don't know anymore.

You'll never get high FPS from these airguns. Because the blowback system and the belt system takes alot of co2 to operate. You'll end up with low shot counts, and everybody wants high shot counts.

It is like a engine. More stuff you add to it ( transmission, alternator, AC unit ETC ) the more it robs the power.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:17 pm 

I understand there is other things taking up air. I wasn't thinking about fps, but your right. New type of pellet clip magazine giving stiffer trigger. I'm just talking about the Sig 226 and M17.

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:52 pm 

TAC, I concur with you about used airguns. If you have not gotten burned on a airgun deal yet, you are very lucky.

I find that approx. 30% of the time the airgun does not work when it arrives or after 1-2 usages. About another 20% quit working within 5-10 uses.

It has happen from guns bought on this site, and other sites.

If I'm not paying much for the gun & my repairer can fix it cheap, I'm not as upset. But the ones that I pay more than $150 US for & come in poor shape can really be an issue.

And don't give up on the pellet M17. Maybe consider buying new from a reputable seller. I think these airguns have a one year warranty. So that should allow you to determine if you got a lemon.

https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-resou ... Manual.pdf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:02 pm 

BBSHOOTER, yup, I agree with you totally.

I only got a dud once, but I got a refund,..still loss $20 on shipping

The Tokarev I got for around $100 from this forum, not too shabby
The gun itself is not a great gun only because of it's design and function, no fault of the seller