Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:26 pm 

Hi everyone.

I got this unit some months ago but due to life's demand I wasn't able to open the box until now. When I did a bit of search in the web, I found out that the latest version uses oil instead of "grease" which came with my unit. My question is, since I have not used greased on it ever, can I just use the regular synthetic compressor oil as per the youtube vid to pump air on my rifles or is there any modification which I need to do before using synthetic oil prior to starting up this pump?

Feeds from users or those who are familiar with this will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

A

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:15 pm 

apitagan wrote:
Hi everyone.

I got this unit some months ago but due to life's demand I wasn't able to open the box until now. When I did a bit of search in the web, I found out that the latest version uses oil instead of "grease" which came with my unit. My question is, since I have not used greased on it ever, can I just use the regular synthetic compressor oil as per the youtube vid to pump air on my rifles or is there any modification which I need to do before using synthetic oil prior to starting up this pump?

Feeds from users or those who are familiar with this will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

A

Okay so with WesB's help I was able to open the compressor and did the "degreasing" based on his picture instructions. Took off the piston which is heavily greased with the same tube of grease that the unit came with. So for those who's unit hasn't been "degreased" or converted to the oil bath system, despite new the compressor has to be opened and greased taken out of it. Waiting for my long tubed syringes and synthetic compressor oil and will give this thing a go.

A

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:03 am 

Yep, glad you got it changed over and all went well!
Actually the pump is just fine on grease, JTS redesigned them to run on grease, but for longevity sake and Les chance of getting hot, switching it back to oil is a good move.

But if you are just filling guns and only running it for 15 minutes at a time or less the grease version is just fine.
Raman and I have been sellimg the new Warrior grease lubricated compressor for several years and they've been running great.
Thanks,
Wes

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk