Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:38 am 

Question for you all,
After looking online and asking my post office, I want to get you guys opinions,
Have any of you ever had to mail back an air pistol / airsoft gun to the us for an exchange?

If so, what "words" or description did you use on the customs form?

Pyramid air told me to use "SPORTING GOODS" but Canada post says on the website

"Be specific in your description. Do not use general terms like "gift" and "clothes".

I just want to avoid any "issues"
I was thinking of putting "Sporting goods, airsoft product"

Your thoughts?
Tks
T.A.G

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:49 am 

If PA says sporting goods, then I would go with that. Because its not Canada customs you need to worry about, it would be US.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:29 am 

leadslinger wrote:
If PA says sporting goods, then I would go with that. Because its not Canada customs you need to worry about, it would be US.

Tks Leadslinger, good point.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:43 pm 

I have sent a couple of BB guns to the USA over the years. Returns or warranty work. Never had a problem.

I think I listed then as "Sporting Goods", but would go with what Pyramyd says. They are the experts.

BTW, TAG, this is the reason why I try to limit my purchases from the USA & try to buy in Canada if possible.

Also, if it is a warranty issue, have you considered contacting the manufacturer, not the retailer? Many of the major airgun manufactures have warranty exchange location in Canada. So you don't have to ship to USA.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:08 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
I have sent a couple of BB guns to the USA over the years. Returns or warranty work. Never had a problem.

I think I listed then as "Sporting Goods", but would go with what Pyramyd says. They are the experts.

BTW, TAG, this is the reason why I try to limit my purchases from the USA & try to buy in Canada if possible.

Also, if it is a warranty issue, have you considered contacting the manufacturer, not the retailer? Many of the major airgun manufactures have warranty exchange location in Canada. So you don't have to ship to USA.

BB1SHOOTER

Me too, I tend to buy Canadian if I can, but the price from Pyramid was still cheaper on a $260 Cdn pistol, they had or for $149 ( Even with Exchange, my bank converted 1.36% ) came out to $204 cdn

Plus I had other items to buy that no dealer in Canada had , not even out of stock. Pyramyd air was fast, they answered question's via live chat, I placed my order Sunday evening, it was sent out on Monday, and I got it on a Thursday, ..when I tested it and contacted them VIA live chat, they sent me the Return Authorization# within 5 min. They are efficient to say the least

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:58 pm 

TAG,

Did you check with manufacturer & see if they have a Canadian warranty location. Many of the brands do. i.e. Umarex, Crosman, Daisy/Gamo, etc.

Although I agree that Pyramyd has really great customer service & selection, I personally found (on two separate purchases) that was almost the same price buying from them, once you factor in all charges & exchange. I found the killer was the $30 US+ UPS processing fee & customs duties (that others don't charge).

Adds around $45-50 to purchase.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:06 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
TAG,

Did you check with manufacturer & see if they have a Canadian warranty location. Many of the brands do. i.e. Umarex, Crosman, Daisy/Gamo, etc.

Although I agree that Pyramyd has really great customer service & selection, I personally found (on two separate purchases) that was almost the same price buying from them, once you factor in all charges & exchange. I found the killer was the $30 US+ UPS processing fee & customs duties (that others don't charge).

Adds around $45-50 to purchase.

It was Sig Product, and since I was already buying stuff from them that NO CANADIAN dealer had, it was no issue.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:56 pm 

Sporting Goods is a wide description and you can fit in lot of things and no duty/tax on most of those things especially if you run into a demo model.
I did also some Sig purchases and dealing across the border was way smoother also way less total cost then dealing with Canadian businesses.
Just saying in example a "local" dealer is in SC or PEI = ok, but for me EU is still closer and faster to deal with especially airmail...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:21 pm 

bigHUN wrote:
Sporting Goods is a wide description and you can fit in lot of things and no duty/tax on most of those things especially if you run into a demo model.
I did also some Sig purchases and dealing across the border was way smoother also way less total cost then dealing with Canadian businesses.
Just saying in example a "local" dealer is in SC or PEI = ok, but for me EU is still closer and faster to deal with especially airmail...

I total understand you point.
So for you dealing with Europe is easier? EU ?