Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:57 pm 

Anyone have some kicking around?

I heard they can be had but from the UK. Don't know if its worth dropping that kinda shipping and such just for me. I guess if there was some interest in 4.5mm and 5.5mm plastic BBs we could get an order together (kinda like the piledriver thing) :)

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:56 pm 

they are available at any canadian tire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:20 pm 

deathshand wrote:
No, those ones are 6mm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:34 pm 

Gotrice23 wrote:
deathshand wrote:
No, those ones are 6mm.

opps, my bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:57 pm 

.177 airsoft BBs? That's a new one on me. How fast would those go? That would hurt so bad... Do they make .177 airsoft guns?

Hey, don't hate. It releases negative energy, which is bad for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:35 pm 

:lol: LOL I should have said something... I know they make them in 6mm or 8mm, but I don't think they do them in 4.5mm

Why do you want some anyways?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:43 pm 

So I don't have to buy 6mm airsoft guns that seem to be impossible to get in canada now :(

I had a P90 air mag in my hands at Crappy... and well it felt crappy. I was thinking if I could get my PPKS shotting plastic BBs I'd be happy :)

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:07 pm 

bbriand wrote:
So I don't have to buy 6mm airsoft guns that seem to be impossible to get in canada now :(

I had a P90 air mag in my hands at Crappy... and well it felt crappy. I was thinking if I could get my PPKS shotting plastic BBs I'd be happy :)

Bill
Well you can still get them in Canada.. It's just that selection is kind of limited because "they" won't let the shops import any new guns into the country.

Hope this helps... (The H&K USP is a good choice IMHO if you're looking for a pistol. Only $260 too, a good deal... Too bad the mag is leaking... :( )

http://www.007airsoft.com/instock.htm

Here's a review if you need one:

http://www.airsplat.com/KJWUSPP8-Airsof ... review.htm

BTW airsoft guns aren't as accurate as pellet guns, so don't expect much...

(If you can, don't use Crosman BB's, they are WAY too light. Go for quality 0.20 gram BB's)

Hope all this helped :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:14 pm 

You might also want to look at this thread:

http://www.airgunforum.ca/forum/viewtop ... ht=propane

BTW propane adapters are hard to find as of the current events that happened... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:57 am 

That H&K USP looks good. But like you said mag leak. Might be easy to fix or impossible. Hard to say without seeing it.

An idea what the Colt 1911 is like? I might actually buy one of those as a powder burner.

I saw those propane adapters b4. Should have picked one up in anticipation of buying an airsoft gun.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:24 am 

bbriand wrote:
That H&K USP looks good. But like you said mag leak. Might be easy to fix or impossible. Hard to say without seeing it.

An idea what the Colt 1911 is like? I might actually buy one of those as a powder burner.

I saw those propane adapters b4. Should have picked one up in anticipation of buying an airsoft gun.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Bill
I don't know much about this pistol, so I can't tell you much about it. If you wanted a Colt 1911, then I would recommend the Tokyo Mauri 1911 (This one you're looking at is KSC)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpo ... 510/cat/17

The H&K mag might be repairable, it depends on what exactly is broken (maybe a faulty seal, maybe the whole mag is faulty due to bad manufactering....?) But best thing to do is to buy a spare mag, if you plan to play you will probably want one anyways for backup ammo.

The USP looks like the better deal though, because the slide is metal.

(Other guns have plastic slides and they break after a limited number of shots... You can fix this though, by buying a metal slide [$100 - $200])

Hope this info helped... :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:53 pm 

Gotrice23 wrote:

(If you can, don't use Crosman BB's, they are WAY too light. Go for quality 0.20 gram BB's)

Most quality airsoft guns perform better with 0.25g BBs.

Gotrice23 wrote:
(Other guns have plastic slides and they break after a limited number of shots... You can fix this though, by buying a metal slide [$100 - $200])

Usually the plastic slides would only break if you run them on propane, thats when you'd want the metal slide!

Cheers,
Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:35 pm 

ancorp wrote:
Most quality airsoft guns perform better with 0.25g BBs.

You got a point there... And more FPE... 8)

ancorp wrote:
Usually the plastic slides would only break if you run them on propane, thats when you'd want the metal slide!

Ya, but I think propane is the perferred gas here because it gives more power to the pistol. Oh, and metal slides make the gun feel and look better and also increases durablity 8)

Only downside to metal slide conversion is fps might be decreased and more gas might be used. (More gas to propel the heavier slide)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:27 pm 

instead of finding 4.5 mm plastic bb (which i was told would not be acceptable at playing at ttac3 indoor center) i have an evil plan :lol: of drilling a umarex mag
to 6mm holes (might be impossible of the inner walls of each hole is too thin).

Then buying an airsoft barrel, which i could install in my pistol since my barrel can be removed using the two screws.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:10 pm 

Yes this has been done before, but it was a modified Umarex/Crosman PPK, it's under a new name too...

http://www.depot53.com/products/4/760?cat=1

http://www.shortyusa.com/airsoft.html?h ... &CA=2&RID=