Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:23 am 

Looking for one for my 2240 and a Prod Hammer, striker and pin. There out of stock everywhere and Crosman.ca website is under maintenance..

Thanks

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:49 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
Looking for one for my 2240 and a Prod Hammer, striker and pin. There out of stock everywhere and Crosman.ca website is under maintenance..

Thanks

They don't stock them, but you can order it as in backorder, but they will send to you in just a couple of weeks. I've ordered four of them from them and always free shipping. Again, it's never taken more than two weeks to get them in the past.

Ken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:59 pm 

The lady i just talked to said order it comes about 3 weeks. Go through pay it now, just what you said....thanks!

You know these triggers? My Marauder trigger broke sears because of heavy hammer spring. Are these the same way

From the prices I've seen for these triggers, there selling pretty cheap for 75, then hammer 35 and pin and striker and free shipping.

I'll use lighter spring

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:43 pm 

I believe the Marauder sears were a problem, they were revised with a revised part number.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:41 pm 

I just put a order through for the grip frame trigger group, hammer and 2 pins, should be about 2 or 3 weeks.

I had a question of what is the difference in size comparing the Prod and 2240 hammer pins?

I hope the grip frame has the overtravel adjustment in it, I seen some that didin't..

Hopefully it's all a drop in to :D

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:48 am 

Canadianguy wrote:
I had a question of what is the difference in size comparing the Prod and 2240 hammer pins?

A 22xx uses the same hammer pin as a Challenger and Discovery, the Prod doesn't as it's taller using a multi-shot breech. The Disco/Prod hammer can be used in a 22xx with a 2 stage trigger group.

Ken

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:09 am 

Canadianguy wrote:
I just put a order through for the grip frame trigger group, hammer and 2 pins, should be about 2 or 3 weeks.

I had a question of what is the difference in size comparing the Crosman silhouette and 2240 hammer pins?

I hope the grip frame has the overtravel adjustment in it, I seen some that didin't..

Hopefully it's all a drop in to :D

I think I figured it out now...sorry for the confusion. why not sell the hammer with all the pins that go with it, instead of making things harder to find lol

I should have said the Crosman silhouette Pistol....my bad! I thought the Acetal pin was the hammer pin but that's for tightning the striker? I have to add that to the list. Looks to be the same as the 2240 hammer pin just different number

Crosman Silhouette grip frame trigger group - 2220-103
Hammer - CH2009A009
Striker - 1763A036
Hammer pin - 1700 - 015
Acetal Pin - CH2009-023

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

Last edited by Canadianguy on Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:12 am 

90% of MRod sears breaking were because the shooter removed the trigger group and then replaced it and tightened the mounting screws without pulling the trigger back to release the sear.... The sear gets tightened against the hammer, and breaks while you are tightening the screws.... My guess is that the other 10% get cracked because of this and then fail shortly afterwards, with the failure getting blamed on a heavier hammer spring.... :roll:

The PRod sear is free floating, but as with any drop sear style trigger, I would pull the trigger before tightening the mounting screws to make sure it can drop clear of the hammer....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:18 am 

rsterne wrote:
90% of MRod sears breaking were because the shooter removed the trigger group and then replaced it and tightened the mounting screws without pulling the trigger back to release the sear.... The sear gets tightened against the hammer, and breaks while you are tightening the screws.... My guess is that the other 10% get cracked because of this and then fail shortly afterwards, with the failure getting blamed on a heavier hammer spring.... :roll:

The PRod sear is free floating, but as with any drop sear style trigger, I would pull the trigger before tightening the mounting screws to make sure it can drop clear of the hammer....

Bob

I remember you saying that before for the Mrod, so do the same with the pistol group?

Thanks everyone!

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:29 pm 

I would, it can't hurt.... Why take a chance?....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:43 pm 

I wonder if i have to cancel and reorder, since i forgot the hammer pin. It's all on backorder so its probably ok. Ill call Monday.

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:17 am 

I got my tracking no.this week from Crosman. I should have the trigger Tuesday, that was fast!

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:22 pm 

The trigger frame came today! looks great, just installing now. That little plastic thing (acetal pin), when I put it in, it's hard to turn the striker?

Suppose to be like that? Figured it out!

I haven't really adjusted yet, is it natural for the first stage to feel loose before you cock it?

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:32 am 

A couple of things I noticed right off the bat is how nice the finish on this is compared to a 2240, i think it's powder coated and when cocking it, is so smooth, like it's a different gun. I don't think I can do anymore adjusting until i can get a 0.05" hex, already ordered, never realized it was going to be that tiny. Something else I noticed in a post someone drilled a 5/16 hole just beside the safety on the plate side, so you can see the 2 stage adjustment with out having to take the plate right off. Also someone was saying to glue in the 3 pivot pins with crazy glue.

Thanks

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32