Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:29 pm 

Got a email from Canada Post that oversize packages ( Over 1 Meter ) will increase in price, from 12$ to 20$.

Quote:
Oversize and Unpackaged Items and Out-of-spec Items:

Surcharges for Oversize and Unpackaged items will increase to $20 from $12. Note that if an item is both Oversize and Unpackaged, the surcharge will only apply once.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:15 pm 

I shipped 2 rifle to Ontario last month costing me 45 each

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:33 pm 

Some restaurant here are charging covid tax, I don't know if that is legal.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:56 pm 

pistolero wrote:
I shipped 2 rifle to Ontario last month costing me 45 each

Well it is going to cost 8$ more now.. Effective Nov 9th till Jan 10, 2021.

Not making this political or about covid ( sick and tired of hearing about it ).Just passing on what Canada Post sent me because I have a small business account. Theyre gearing up for the peak season and raised the prices. So some won't be alarmed when it is more to ship, or when you purchase a new air rifle.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:11 am 

Here is the email..

Quote:
Important information and upcoming changes

Hello, XXXXXXXX

In this email, we share important changes, updates and tips so you can plan ahead and run your business smoothly during peak season
Modifications to surcharges for bulky items during peak season

Canada Post is adjusting three existing surcharges for the 2020 holiday season to address additional handling requirements for larger, bulkier items. These changes will be in effect from November 9, 2020 to January 10, 2021 inclusive.

Oversize and Unpackaged Items and Out-of-spec Items:

Surcharges for Oversize and Unpackaged items will increase to $20 from $12. Note that if an item is both Oversize and Unpackaged, the surcharge will only apply once.

The existing surcharge for items that exceed Canada Post’s size or weight specification (out-of-spec) will be adjusted to $300 from $125. This surcharge only applies to items with an actual weight greater than 30 kg, and/or one side greater than 2 m, and/or length + girth greater than 3 m.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:08 pm 

Before drawing firm conclusions or making judgements about these price increases (which are apparently in effect for a two month period during the holiday season), it's worth noting that during the pandemic shipping volumes have increased for all shippers as more and more people place orders online. Canada Post, like other shippers, has been struggling with high volumes of packages. More than in the past, many of the items that are causing difficulties and delays are larger than usual. This has posed very real challenges.

Many people will note that Canada Post parcel delivery is sometimes much slower than usual. Perhaps Canada Post is trying cope with this by increasing charges during the upcoming holiday season, when even more shipping is expected. Higher fees may allow for improved shipping capability by having more contract deliveries.