Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:01 pm 

Looks like it is actually coming out. And in time for Christmas:

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/142572/d ... 66&ps=True

Nice to see something actually new from Daisy. As the adult Red Ryder is really just a RR with a slightly longer stock & older metal lever.

Was originally announced last winter.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:39 pm 

Just looks like a re skinned Daisy 25..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:12 pm 

Not an expert on how a Daisy 25 operates (pumps) but think it more resembles a Marksman pump action BB gun.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:24 pm 

".....Teach youth marksmanship and the important of gun safety with a crossbolt safety. Short 14-inch length of pull for a comfortable experience for youth shooters. Each pump of the gun fires a single BB....."
:shock:
i thought that trigger look fake.

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:16 am 

If that is supposed to look like a M12, I'll take a few wild guess
- The marketing folks never handled (nor looked at) an actual M12
- The marketing folks are hoping to cash on the name

:axe:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:17 am 

Leon Yrag wrote:
".....Teach youth marksmanship and the important of gun safety with a crossbolt safety. Short 14-inch length of pull for a comfortable experience for youth shooters. Each pump of the gun fires a single BB....."

Maybe it can "slam-fire"... :bear:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:26 am 

Leon Yrag wrote:

I'm certain the trigger is operational. No other reason to state a crossbolt safety. I love the idea of a pump but not the steel bb thing. Maybe just get lead bbs? Still something to be said for boy and his bb gun. Maybe even for my girl. Wife is going to love that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:01 am 

Like I previously said. I'm just happy that Daisy actually came out with a "new" product.

I find it sad how a great name, and leader in the airgun world has sunk so low. Crosman may not be a leader in the field, as it previously was, but is still coming out with new & interesting products.

Will be interesting to see how it actually shoots, when the reviews come out. I will be satisfied, if it shoots as good as the Marksman 1700 pump action BB gun, I got a Princess Auto for $14.

Sort of tells how low my expectations have gotten for Daisy.

But if the reviews say it shoots well, I will probably get one. As I've been a fan of Daisy, since I got my 1st 1894 in the late 1970's.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:15 am 

And, if it can "Slam-Fire", that would really be a cool feature. But I suspect maybe not.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:02 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Like I previously said. I'm just happy that Daisy actually came out with a "new" product.

I find it sad how a great name, and leader in the airgun world has sunk so low. Crosman may not be a leader in the field, as it previously was, but is still coming out with new & interesting products.

Will be interesting to see how it actually shoots, when the reviews come out. I will be satisfied, if it shoots as good as the Marksman 1700 pump action BB gun, I got a Princess Auto for $14.

Sort of tells how low my expectations have gotten for Daisy.

But if the reviews say it shoots well, I will probably get one. As I've been a fan of Daisy, since I got my 1st 1894 in the late 1970's.

You mean like making another Beretta type pistol, or changing a stock and shroud on the same B19 platform, and calling it something else? Now they are going to run with the AR style airgun, and come out with a new.. Just different stock. I don't think Crosman is really making anything interesting. Compared to other manufactures.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:20 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
And, if it can "Slam-Fire", that would really be a cool feature. But I suspect maybe not.

The Winchester Model (19)12 did not slam-fire any more than any other pump action of semi-auto shotgun.
However, holding the trigger back and working the slide, would fire the gun when the slide was racked forward. Note the trigger
had to have remained held back in the fired position for this to happen (disconnecting the sear). It also happened this way, with
the model 1897 Winchester, but not the earlier model 1888 lever gun.
No other pump shotgun, to my knowledge would fire when racking the slide and holding back the trigger.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:25 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Looks like it is actually coming out. And in time for Christmas:

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/142572/d ... 66&ps=True

Nice to see something actually new from Daisy. As the adult Red Ryder is really just a RR with a slightly longer stock & older metal lever.

Was originally announced last winter.

Well, yeah - it kinda looks like a non-descript pump gun without a loading/ejection port - more like an Ithaca Model 35 or Browning BPS in that regard.
They both load and eject out the bottom, with solid receiver sides.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:59 pm 

Daisy M12

Winchester M12

Maybe they should have put a skinny barrel and go for the 61 look

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:14 pm 

I have two Daisy Mossy Oak 840 which I reviewed Aug 25/2018, 1 sighted in with laser for bbs and 1 for pellet. Both still going strong after several hundred shots. At 17/18 feet , both are very accurate for target shooting.At one time I had the Daisy 499 but the 840 at much less cost is just as good at short range plus compact, lightweight and well made . Daisy has their place in airgun offerings but I doubt taking a chance on the Winchester unless many reviews say it is outstanding.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:00 pm 

OOPs, it was Ithaca model 37, not 35.
The "slug" barrels are made heavier than barrels meant for shot.

Attachments:
Screenshot_2020-11-06 IthacaCatalog-1 pdf.png
Screenshot_2020-11-06 IthacaCatalog-1 pdf.png [ 130.96 KiB | Viewed 1128 times ]