Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:47 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Take it or leave it on the shelf. I told what I saw and heard HIM say.
:roll:

I was just providing links i never said you were right or wrong .

https://www.bbc.com/news/54893437

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:12 pm 

I just tried to find the video again and got a smirking full screen sized pictured of Bill Gates.

Thus, we must assume he now owns the rights to that video, or was instrumental in having it removed or blocked

"Oops! This video isn't available in your region"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:35 pm 

Hey Daryl, Don't forget. Gates also said a few years back, "No one will EVER need more than 128K of ram." Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:40 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Hey Daryl, Don't forget. Gates also said a few years back, "No one will EVER need more than 128K of ram." Image

going to need a link to that lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:52 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Of course, it was scrubbed.

I watched the entire interview. So- what is being said now, is a lie, or carefully
worded so they can deny what was said.

Hard to NOt feel like a conspiracy nutjob these days isn't it. :? I find myself shaking my head a lot these days. Might be time for that cabin wayyyy back in the bush...

Anywhoo... Under 70 with no comorbidities. The vaccine has a greater likelihood of doing me harm than the virus it is supposed to protect against...so will not be taking it.

Al

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:31 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:

LOL! You caught me. It was actually (but allegedly) "640Kb." And just for the sake of reference, see #8, and the following two for a couple more slip-ups by Gates. All kidding aside, he has become, perhaps with the aid of his overwhelming philanthropic nature, quite the respected "man with the crystal ball" these days. He apparently predicted this epidemic of pandemic proportions many years ago (his prediction for the event was 2018, but what's a couple of years either way)? Google Bill Gates predictions for insight into his past and current prognostications.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/top-10-wo ... -all-time/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:12 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
lauchlin wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:

LOL! You caught me. It was actually (but allegedly) "640Kb." And just for the sake of reference, see #8, and the following two for a couple more slip-ups by Gates. All kidding aside, he has become, perhaps with the aid of his overwhelming philanthropic nature, quite the respected "man with the crystal ball" these days. He apparently predicted this epidemic of pandemic proportions many years ago (his prediction for the event was 2018, but what's a couple of years either way)? Google Bill Gates predictions for insight into his past and current prognostications.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/top-10-wo ... -all-time/

perfect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:58 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:

Actually, he never did say that. That’s been an internet rumour since the WWW inception in 1989.

In 1990 I got my first PC, a 386 SX at 20 megahertz.

At that time the rumour was “640KB of base memory” and it’s evolved in to “RAM”.

I ran a BBS on my one phone line in my room as a teenager, and people would call in and download kings quest from my.. pirating at its infancy.

See how much information is running around the internet? Things you think are real, after 31 years... the internet has ruined the world.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:30 pm 

Definitely getting it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:57 am 

replicacanada wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:

Actually, he never did say that. That’s been an internet rumour since the WWW inception in 1989.

In 1990 I got my first PC, a 386 SX at 20 megahertz.

At that time the rumour was “640KB of base memory” and it’s evolved in to “RAM”.

I ran a BBS on my one phone line in my room as a teenager, and people would call in and download kings quest from my.. pirating at its infancy.

See how much information is running around the internet? Things you think are real, after 31 years... the internet has ruined the world.

Actually, I said "allegedly" and, while it's a long-standing "rumour," a whole lot of people of that time believe it to be true. On what authority can you pronounce, emphatically, that he never said that? And, as a final question, who the hell cares; The reference here was initially a joke.

I owned my first personal computer in 1983, and I didn't care (nor understand) what the tech specs were: All I knew was I could do a whole lot of sh1t that most people couldn't do. What's your point?

I ran the registered Mac Users' Group of Edmonton (MOUSE) BBS for four years in the early-to-mid 90s with four phone lines and three Apple-connected sources for Mac software with a T1 on which to feed it to me (Apple had an office here and employees were user group members). What's your point?

No, it "rules" the world, and I've been on the internet since it was publicly available. I think I understand how it works.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:55 am 

So what is wrong with people wanting to wait and see if there any ill effect before taking something? That their choice.

They're rushing this one, that is already mutating. That this vaccine could boost the new mutating one. Who knows?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:59 am 

leadslinger wrote:
So what is wrong with people wanting to wait and see if there any ill effect before taking something? That their choice.

They're rushing this one, that is already mutating. That this vaccine could boost the new mutating one. Who knows?

Nothing wrong with waiting, in fact most of us will have to wait a while... the new Moderna vaccine was approved yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:33 am 

leadslinger wrote:

Might be a good thing

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-heal ... ss-lethal/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:42 am 

replicacanada wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

Nothing wrong with waiting, in fact most of us will have to wait a while... the new Moderna vaccine was approved yesterday.

I was involved in a drug trial many years ago when I was a Teen.. Do believe it was for Hep A/B. Mother was desperate for money. Like I said, I learned my lesson about running to pre ordering stuff, because in a few months, something better will come out.

Heck this article says it may not work for older people. Which I spoke to a friend in a Montreal care facility, that went to live with this father because a spat with the manager. 23 people, just in his floor died, They basically said let the old people die, and not bother helping them.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.4997928

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:17 pm 

In point of fact, many Nursing Homes are contacting next of kin to find out if they want a ventilator used should their elderly parent come down with COVID.... They are doing this preemptively, because of a lack of them in the Nursing Homes.... Basically, if they come down with COVID, they will make them comfortable and hope they will recover.... Given that most do not want heroic (and horrible) intervention inflicted on their loved ones, it is little wonder that the death rate in Long Term Care is so high....

How do I know this, you ask?.... First hand knowledge, my wife received just such a call, back in April.... :shock: :roll:

Bob

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next