Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:46 pm 

How many of you are going to take the Covid vaccine? How many not ? How many unsure?
So far I"m 50/50....something about all this Covid stuff just doesn't sound right... :twisted:

Attachments:
Screenshot_20201123-153230~2.png
Screenshot_20201123-153230~2.png [ 360.25 KiB | Viewed 421 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:54 pm 

I'm not an anti Vaxer, but my family doctor warned us not to get the Flu shot. Chances are I won't get a Covid Vaccine.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:59 pm 

I would get it. It's a balance of risks and the risk of vaccine side effects in my opinion are much better than the risks of getting COVID/passing it on to others.

The flu vaccine is only 30-50% effective so I don't usually get it and the severity of the flu is not as detrimental.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:09 pm 

I'll take it only when the military/police are going door-to-door forcing it on people by powderburning gun point. Even then I may rather take the lead pill instead.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:18 pm 

I’ll happily take it. Family in the medical profession... firm believer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:29 pm 

I'm in. Can't wait to get it and get on a plane to somewhere warm.
Like I said in another post.. there is a giant asteroid heading our way anyhow, so just get your vaccine, and enjoy what time you have left.

Quote:
I'll take it only when the military/police are going door-to-door forcing it on people by powderburning gun point. Even then I may rather take the lead pill instead.

Your prophesy may come to pass...
https://www.thestar.com/politics/provin ... vince.html

Duke ))))----//----------==

Air guns? I have a few; but then again, too few to mention.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:27 pm 

The wife and I are 100% all in, once the vaccine is approved for use in Canada.... To those who want to roll the dice and not take it, I wish them luck, and do not feel they should be forced.... but they better not complain if they get ill (or pass COVID on to a loved one) once a preventative choice is available....

It's pretty much the same as all those Americans who are choosing to travel for Thanksgiving to be with their family (and Canadians who already did the same last month, or plan to for Christmas).... Any complaints about subsequent COVID illness or deaths in their family resulting from that decision should be on their conscience, IMO....

Those who insist a mask is a personal choice (it's their body) should self-isolate.... It's like driving the wrong way down a one-way street, you are not the only one you place at risk.... Wearing a mask says a lot about who you are, and who you care about.... Not wearing one says you don't care about anyone but yourself.... Again, JMO....

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:33 pm 

Remember to make a vaccine, they must use the covid virus. Personally I'm going to wait. You'll always see flu season, people getting their flu shots, and they're always sick as a dog after.

I learned my lesson, never to pre order, or buy Gen 1, because Gen 2 is around the corner and Its even better.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:45 pm 

I get a flu shot every year and can not even remember the last time I had the flu. I have never had an adverse reaction to the shot or any reaction at all.

My wife and I will be getting the covid vaccine as soon as it is available to us.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:02 pm 

Keeping in mind the flu shots target 3 or 4 of the influenza's which all have a high mutation rate which greatly reduces vaccine effectiveness. The current covid vaccines targets 19 only which is a slow mutating virus. As long as there are no lasting side effects and you are in a risk demographic it makes sense. I likely won't unless further strong evidence is presented that I should.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:33 pm 

I believe in science, peer reviewed studies, have saved us from so many diseases in the past.

Our entire family will be taking it when available. What I don’t believe in is politics lol.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:02 pm 

Oh i will get the shot i am not scared of a needle and flu shot every year never had a problem don't know any one who has .........

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:14 pm 

For reasons too long to explain, and I dont feel like getting into debates about it... but my wife and I will be getting it for sure!

CZ-SP01
TTI Combat Master 2011
Desert Eagle x2
Diana 24
Diana Chaser
S.A.1911
Kimber 1911
M&P 40
Glock 17 G4
Sig P365
Sig X5
Sig M17
Walther 99C
Tokarev
Wesson 715
Luger
Schofield x2
DPMS
MP-40
UZI

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:32 pm 

I'll try to avoid vaccine as long as I can. I had this virus back in January when it wasn't a big deal - it's nastier than regular flu, but still a flu and if you reasonably healthy person you'll survive. Vaccine in other hand is developed without too much testing and who knows what issues it can bring in a long term. Not to mention that virus will likely mutate and vaccine will be obsolete in few months.

Even regular flu shot can get very wrong - my wife's coworker nearly died after flu shot and after a year of rehabilitation she still can't walk. Personally I'd rather catch another Covid-19 if my immunity is gone than risk this vaccine.

Wanted to add that all medics and health officials agree that Covid-19 is transmitted via body fluids or droplets. I.e. if somebody cough or sneeze at you, you touch contaminated surface and then your mouth, drink from the same cup, use the same towels etc. Or stay prolonged time in small room when people cough and sneeze and ventilation spread droplets everywhere. If you aware of that it's very unlikely that you'll get infected. Masks don't seem to help in general - now when masks are mandatory we have way more infections then back in March and April. And Covid19 really started in November in China.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:18 pm 

scanny wrote:
I'll try to avoid vaccine as long as I can. I had this virus back in January when it wasn't a big deal - it's nastier than regular flu, but still a flu and if you reasonably healthy person you'll survive. Vaccine in other hand is developed without too much testing and who knows what issues it can bring in a long term. Not to mention that virus will likely mutate and vaccine will be obsolete in few months.

Even regular flu shot can get very wrong - my wife's coworker nearly died after flu shot and after a year of rehabilitation she still can't walk. Personally I'd rather catch another Covid-19 if my immunity is gone than risk this vaccine.

Wanted to add that all medics and health officials agree that Covid-19 is transmitted via body fluids or droplets. I.e. if somebody cough or sneeze at you, you touch contaminated surface and then your mouth, drink from the same cup, use the same towels etc. Or stay prolonged time in small room when people cough and sneeze and ventilation spread droplets everywhere. If you aware of that it's very unlikely that you'll get infected. Masks don't seem to help in general - now when masks are mandatory we have way more infections then back in March and April. And Covid19 really started in November in China.

We made Mask Mandatory in NS, couple months ago, closed down our boarders.. And we went months without many any new cases. Now we got a flare up, because Thanksgiving, Christmas shopping, Black Friday Sales. As we sit now, we only have 51 active cases. So we as a province is doing something to combat the spread.

https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/data/