Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:23 am 

...when you pull the bolt back. Holds air perfectly as it is not very old. Easy fix or is it junk? I had it all pulled apart except for the piece that bolt attached to tube as I hate pistols and not sure if I even want it if it breaks this quickly. Any help appreciated. Thanks. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:30 am 

Hmm does it have spring tension when you pull it back? If not, then one of the little black bolts in the hammer or in the pellet probe bolt has fallen out or broke. Another possibility though is something has happened to the trigger. If you turned the trigger adjustment screw in too far then the sear won't catch on the hammer. Or a pin could be out of place on the sear, though unlikely.

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:01 pm 

Thanks Wes. Not trigger adjustment screw. All good in trigger. Will do a total year down one day. No biggy. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:47 pm 

I will be interested to hear the answer to this one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:25 am 
Supporting Members

When you pull back the bolt the sear should engage holding it back. Maybe a spring is missing or or the sear is rounded. One other thought is something is binding causing the sear to not move

https://spares.bagnallandkirkwood.co.uk ... -chaser-2/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:12 am 

I wonder if one of the pins holding, the sear or trigger backed out, causing the them to twist?

Not sure what model it was, Either my PP800 Rebel ( PCP version of the Chaser ), or PP700SA that had pins back out.

Take the stock off and check. LOL it may be a pistol, but it just a shorter version of the Stormriders etc. Just with a shorter barrel, and shorter stock.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:51 pm 

Had time to pull it apart today and took it totally apart. Up in breech a bolt backed out and fell off that catches another bolt that cocks the gun. Back working fine again. Thanks everyone for ideas. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:54 pm 
Supporting Members

:D :D :D :D :D Thats awesome news!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:31 pm 

Yes happy about it. Bought a Leupold pistol scope for it and Chaser broke before the new scope arrived. Got it mounted on it and all lined up this afternoon. 4:28pm and raining all day so still in my pajamas. Wes was right, one of the little bolts came lose and dropped out. Easy fix. :) May now buy the whole kit in Camo as that's why I got the Leupold to begin with. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:37 pm 

You won't regret it; it's a fun little gun in Carbine Mode..!

Diana Chaser Carbine .22
Artemis M11 .25
Artemis PP800 Chaser Fusion .25
FX Dreamline Lite .25
Artemis PP750 .22