Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Posts: 1303
Location: Winnipeg MB
My Barra 009 arrived today. I tried it out on my 24 ft. basement range tonight, in head to head comparison with my Umarex Glock 17 Gen 4.

Here are some comments.

Firstly, 2 comments on the information in the manual:
1) Step 3, To load BBs. You might find it easier to load (& unload) BBs by putting them in thru the hole in the spring slide gap, by the follower notch, while pointing the magazine down, instead of pushing them one at a time thru the top of the magazine. This way also allows you to fill the mag. quickly with a BB speedloader or by carefully poring them from a BB bottle into the hole.
2) Step 6, under Cocking the 009 Auto, point #3, "The pistol is now ready to fire, the trigger can be pulled, and the safety can be switched to "Safe"??? Not sure this makes any sense.

Magazine:

The Umarex Glock 17 Gen 4 magazine seems to slide in & out of the Barra 009 slightly better than the 009 mag. May be that the Barra mag. is a tiny bit wider. Or it could be that my Glock mag has been used before, and the Barra is brand new. But the difference is minimal

All in all, both magazines worked equally well in both the Barra 009 & the Glock 17 Gen 4, in both semi auto & full auto modes.

The Glock bottom magazine cover does not slide over the base of the Barra magazine, as the Barra mag. base is a bit thicker than the Glock.

Other than these two small differences, and the Glock markings, both magazines are almost exactly the same.

Fit & Finish:

The slide on the Barra is firmer and has less rattle to it, than the Glock. They both seem to have similar weight & feel. The Glock may be a little more comfortable (ergonomic) in your hand.

I found the Barra to be slightly larger than the Glock when fitting in a holster.

Slightly longer beavertail on Barra grip, gives more protection to hand from slide blowback.

Much better full auto selector switch, and easier to access, on Barra than on the Umarex Beretta 92A1.

Performance:

Barra shoots with approximately the same accuracy as the Glock 17 Gen 4 @ 24 ft. in semi-auto.

Full auto tends to spray the BB around a bit more than my Beretta 92A1, but may get tighter groups with more practice. FYI, the Beretta is a heavier gun than the Barra, so that may be one of the reasons for tighter groups with the Beretta.

FYI, I only used Umarex Hornady Black Diamond premium anodized .177 steel BBs in the two magazines.

I found that I got about approx. 2.5 magazines on one CO2 in full auto. And approx. 3+ magazines on one CO2 in semi-auto.

Don't have chronograph, but both airguns seem to shoot at approx. the same velocity.

In summary:

The Barra 009 is an all-round nice airgun, that matches up favorably in performance & price with its competition. It shoots very similar to the Glock 17 Gen 4, in semi auto and similar to the Beretta 92A1 in full auto. Sort of like having two gun in one.

I would say Barra has "out Glocked" Umarex in coming out with a Glock 18 clone before Umarex did.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:37 pm
Posts: 990
Location: Montreal area
Lucky you, since my first one was stolen :evil: it as been very hard to achived good communication with Pyramidair...

Guess I won't have mine for Chrismas... :evil:

Question, does it shoot left and low like the Umarex... :?:

SilentMan... :drinkers:

_________________
4.5mm
TW1911, GSG 92, CP99 Compact, SW M'n'P 40,H'n'K USP
Crossman 357/6, SA 1911 TRS, Brodax 44
Glock 17 Gen 4, Schofield 3, Remington 1875, Barra 009

6mm
WE Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa, Glock 17 Gen3
M2011A1 twin, G&G TR16 dmr556
EMG TTI 2011 JW3 Combat Master


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:24 pm
Posts: 248
Location: Montreal
silentman wrote:
Lucky you, since my first one was stolen :evil: it as been very hard to achived good communication with Pyramidair...

Guess I won't have mine for Chrismas... :evil:

Question, does it shoot left and low like the Umarex... :?:

SilentMan... :drinkers:


Best way to communicate with Pyramyd is via the online LIVE chat. Every time I needed to talk to them, I was able to get replies instantaneous,
They refunded me for my Sig that never made it past customs.

BB1 shooter, I too am interested to know if this BARRA shoots a little low like my Glock 17 gen 4 .

Regardless, I will not be buying the BARRA for me my main #1 interests are REPLICA's so marking and exact copies of the real powder burners
are what interests me. I'll wait til Umarex releases other Glocks, and I'm sure they will... Look at the Glock 17 gen 4...sold out everywhere.... RelpcaAir Guns
told me they have hundreds on back order...

_________________
I like AIR!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Posts: 1303
Location: Winnipeg MB
I may be lucky to get one, but I still had to wait almost 3 weeks to get it. I ordered it in a boxing day sale.

As reported, it shoots alot like my Umarex Glock 17 Gen 4, a little low, but fairly close to centre on the windage. But I did a lot of full auto shooting the 1st day, so didn't check a lot for accuracy.

If you like the Glock 17 gen 4, you will like it. As I said not as much slide rattle & the full auto is really something (if you are into that sort of thing).

I would bet that Umarex USA will not be coming out with a full auto Glock .177 BB pistol for a while. (People can correct me, if I'm wrong). Maybe sooner in Europe & Asia, but not North America. I mean, we are still waiting for the 3 other versions of the Legends Cowboy Lever Action, that have been in other markets for years.

Although I like to collect replica airguns, I don't always get that stuck on the branding. Esp. when it isn't that noticeable.

I tried to Glock my Barra up, but as I said, the bottom of the Glock mag. cover (with Glock logo) does not fit, but you can put a real Glock mag. in it. Also the Glock grip sizers do not fit the Barra handle.

Maybe if you are real handy, you could get a Glock 17 Gen 4 slide from a parts seller or parts gun & mod it to fit the Barra (need to drill a hole for the full auto switch). That might give you a 3/4 Glock.

Regardless, if you can't decide between getting a Glock 17 gen 4 & a full auto Beretta 92A1, it gives you another option.

I must say, I'm very happy so far, that I got it. Now I have the Glock 17 Gen 4, Glock 19x & this Glock 18 clone. Two of which use the same mag.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:24 pm
Posts: 248
Location: Montreal
BB1Shooter wrote:
I may be lucky to get one, but I still had to wait almost 3 weeks to get it. I ordered it in a boxing day sale.

As reported, it shoots alot like my Umarex Glock 17 Gen 4, a little low, but fairly close to centre on the windage. But I did a lot of full auto shooting the 1st day, so didn't check a lot for accuracy.

If you like the Glock 17 gen 4, you will like it. As I said not as much slide rattle & the full auto is really something (if you are into that sort of thing).

I would bet that Umarex USA will not be coming out with a full auto Glock .177 BB pistol for a while. (People can correct me, if I'm wrong). Maybe sooner in Europe & Asia, but not North America. I mean, we are still waiting for the 3 other versions of the Legends Cowboy Lever Action, that have been in other markets for years.

Although I like to collect replica airguns, I don't always get that stuck on the branding. Esp. when it isn't that noticeable.

I tried to Glock my Barra up, but as I said, the bottom of the Glock mag. cover (with Glock logo) does not fit, but you can put a real Glock mag. in it. Also the Glock grip sizers do not fit the Barra handle.

Maybe if you are real handy, you could get a Glock 17 Gen 4 slide from a parts seller or parts gun & mod it to fit the Barra (need to drill a hole for the full auto switch). That might give you a 3/4 Glock.

Regardless, if you can't decide between getting a Glock 17 gen 4 & a full auto Beretta 92A1, it gives you another option.

I must say, I'm very happy so far, that I got it. Now I have the Glock 17 Gen 4, Glock 19x & this Glock 18 clone. Two of which use the same mag.



One thing for sure , you seem happy with it, and that's what matters. I was tempted by the Glock 19, any comments you may have?

_________________
I like AIR!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Posts: 1303
Location: Winnipeg MB
My comments on the Glock 19 Gen 3 non-blowback .177 CO2 BB pistol, is that it did not impress me. Seemed like they dressed up an entry level XBG in Glock shell and charge a lot more for that. As both have similar spec's.

Since I have 3 XBG's & 1 XCP (all bought for less than $30), I was not interested in the Glock 19 Gen 3. I waited for the Glock 17 Gen 4 to come to Canada, as it got the best reviews of all the Glocks (19 G3, 17 G3 & 17G4).

If you are talking about the Glock 19x, blowback BB pistol, I have one and like it. Heavy blowback action for a small airgun. Accuracy similar to Glock 17 Gen 4.

I say you can't go wrong with Glock 17 Gen 4, Glock 19x & Glock 18 clone (the Barra 009). But I say, pass on the 19 gen 3, unless you can find one for a good price (i.e. close to price of the XBG).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:24 pm
Posts: 248
Location: Montreal
BB1Shooter wrote:
My comments on the Glock 19 Gen 3 non-blowback .177 CO2 BB pistol, is that it did not impress me. Seemed like they dressed up an entry level XBG in Glock shell and charge a lot more for that. As both have similar spec's.

Since I have 3 XBG's & 1 XCP (all bought for less than $30), I was not interested in the Glock 19 Gen 3. I waited for the Glock 17 Gen 4 to come to Canada, as it got the best reviews of all the Glocks (19 G3, 17 G3 & 17G4).

If you are talking about the Glock 19x, blowback BB pistol, I have one and like it. Heavy blowback action for a small airgun. Accuracy similar to Glock 17 Gen 4.

I say you can't go wrong with Glock 17 Gen 4, Glock 19x & Glock 18 clone (the Barra 009). But I say, pass on the 19 gen 3, unless you can find one for a good price (i.e. close to price of the XBG).



Tks for that info ...very useful. :)
I have the Glock 17 gen 4,( I love it, I put on SureFire XC1 tac light ) I'm always looking to add more Glocks, I was thinking about the FDE Glock 19 full blowback ( The one youi have I assume ? )

This is my list of what I have so far..always looking to add more


Beretta M92
Bersa 9
CZ-75
CZ-SP01
TTI Combat Master 2011
Desert Eagle x2
Diana 24C
Diana Chaser, kit
S.A.1911
Kimber 1911
M&P 40
Glock 17 Gen 4
Sig P365
Sig X5
Sig M17
Walther 99C
Tokarev
Wesson 715
Luger
Schofield x2
DPMS
MP-40
UZI

_________________
I like AIR!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Posts: 1303
Location: Winnipeg MB
The Glock Flat Dark Earth color blowback .177 CO2 BB pistol is referred to as the Glock 19x:

https://www.canadashootingsupply.ca/uma ... n-tan.html

Sort of a hybrid between a 19 & 17. It has the full sized grip of the 17 & the short slide of the 19.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:24 pm
Posts: 248
Location: Montreal
BB1Shooter wrote:
The Glock Flat Dark Earth color blowback .177 CO2 BB pistol is referred to as the Glock 19x:

https://www.canadashootingsupply.ca/uma ... n-tan.html

Sort of a hybrid between a 19 & 17. It has the full sized grip of the 17 & the short slide of the 19.


Do you like it?
I see the BB feeder in the Mag is of a different design then the one we see in the 17 Gen 4

Is the trigger pull the same or longer? more stiff?

_________________
I like AIR!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Posts: 1303
Location: Winnipeg MB
I would say the trigger pull on the Glock 19x is heavier & stiffer than the 17 gen 4. As the 17 is more of a single action & the 19x is almost like a double action, but not quite that heavy. But I don't have an instrument to measure trigger pull, so I am just giving my opinion.

Loading the mag. is completely different than the 17 gen 4. It is the same mag. as for the 17 gen 3. My spare mag. for my 19x is actually a 17 gen 3 mag., as they only came out with 19x spare mags. recently. Only difference between the 19x mag. & the 17 gen 3 mag. is that one has a black base & the other has a DFE base.

Loading the 19x mag. takes longer than the 17 grn 4 mag. You need to load the BBs one at a time thru the top of the mag. vs. pouring then into the center hole of the mag. with the 17 gen 4.

The 19x has sort of a 3/4 blowback, vs. full blowback on the 17 gen 4. Both are fun to shoot, but are different guns. You get a bit more shots per CO2 with the 19x.

There are a number of good video's out on the 19x. Might want to check a couple out before you buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iae3RFzh34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tgivMLs8Ck

Comparison of all 4 main Glock BB guns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMPfigk2E6A

I like them both.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:24 pm
Posts: 248
Location: Montreal
Thanks BBSHOOTER

I've seen those videos, was curious to hear someone from the forum.

I think I may get the Airsoft version.

In the beginning I only wanted 4.5 , Put since I got my Sig M17 in air soft, I am extremely pleased with it.
Very accurate at 11 meters, I got a Sig red for it..but have not put it on yet.

Cheers

_________________
I like AIR!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Posts: 1303
Location: Winnipeg MB
TAG, I can only comment on the .177 steel BB versions. Not into airsoft.

I suspect there are many other forums that are more relevant to airsoft guns. I have not seen a lot of airsoft reviews or chatter, on this forum.

Have you checked those?

Would you be using them for for skirmishes? As, I understand that steel BBs are a bit better for plinking & target shooting that airsoft, due to the increased weight of the projectiles.

I thought airsoft gun were more designed for safely shooting others in airsoft games, not plinking?

I was explained this difference by people at 3 or 4 airsoft shops in my area.

Before I knew what I really wanted & before I found all of the online airgun stores, I went to local airsoft stores for CO2 & other things like lasers & rail attachments you can't find at Cabela's & other firearms stores. As no real "airgun" stores in my area.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:24 pm
Posts: 248
Location: Montreal
Hi BB

Well I collect and shoot 4.5mm for paper target shooting.
I have Some Full auto 4.5 for plinking
I have some higher grade Pellet pistols and rifles for more serious paper target shooting 30 yards or more..., and pest control ( I live in country areas )
I have Deactivated real guns that I collect

And last but not least I have four Air soft guns, I like the Ultra realism and attention to detail that the airsoft guns have that the 4.5 replicas seem to be missing.
I use these for "decent" paper target shooting ( 33 feet ,they are accurate ) and also use them for IPSC type drills in my yard.

_________________
I like AIR!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:37 pm
Posts: 990
Location: Montreal area
Tail Air Gunner wrote:
Thanks BBSHOOTER

I've seen those videos, was curious to hear someone from the forum.

I think I may get the Airsoft version.

In the beginning I only wanted 4.5 , Put since I got my Sig M17 in air soft, I am extremely pleased with it.
Very accurate at 11 meters, I got a Sig red for it..but have not put it on yet.

Cheers


In the beginning I only wanted 4.5 , But since I got my Glock 17 gen 3 in air soft, I am extremely pleased with it and so is my dragon 7'' and my DT4 for plinking.

SilentMan... :drinkers:

_________________
4.5mm
TW1911, GSG 92, CP99 Compact, SW M'n'P 40,H'n'K USP
Crossman 357/6, SA 1911 TRS, Brodax 44
Glock 17 Gen 4, Schofield 3, Remington 1875, Barra 009

6mm
WE Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa, Glock 17 Gen3
M2011A1 twin, G&G TR16 dmr556
EMG TTI 2011 JW3 Combat Master


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:37 pm
Posts: 990
Location: Montreal area
It's called the dark side....

SilentMan... :drinkers:

_________________
4.5mm
TW1911, GSG 92, CP99 Compact, SW M'n'P 40,H'n'K USP
Crossman 357/6, SA 1911 TRS, Brodax 44
Glock 17 Gen 4, Schofield 3, Remington 1875, Barra 009

6mm
WE Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa, Glock 17 Gen3
M2011A1 twin, G&G TR16 dmr556
EMG TTI 2011 JW3 Combat Master


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO