Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:27 am 

My Bloodhound took a turn for the worst on Christmas morning. Some better now but spitting up blood the past two weeks and going blind. Three and a half years over his life expectancy. What an 11 year ride with a crazy buttock loyal dog. Would not even eat unless you gave the ok. Up, down, in, out, he always waited for his command before doing anything. Had many funny moments with him and his ways when others have watched him when we went on holidays. Calling vets Monday morning to put him down. Good by to "Wicked Lester from Cufoo Kennels".(for registration we had to be related to the band KISS).(We called him Lester) When he was two I thought he was bored so I put out feelers for him got a call from the Texas Police and said they checked his bloodlines and said they would take him. Both parents worked for RCMP and Champion show dogs and I asked what it he doesn't get along as a search dog as I would want him back. They said no that they would find him a good home. I said let's just forget about it because he loves snow anyways.

Took me three years to get him on a waiting list. Had to meet with breeder three times and have my home inspected. Only dog that can not smell their own scent so if they get away they can not find their way back. Much different than the beagles. They got lost hunting I would throw a blanket on the ground and go back and hour later and they be on blanket waiting for me.

He has only bite three people in his 11 years. All three were older lady's walking by the house and he would whimper at the fence and all three walked 30 feet across my lawn and reach over the fence to pet him. No black marks on the dog . Health Department ask me what's up with people walking across your yard to pet your dog. After three I put up a solid eight foot fence. :lol: Beverly Hillbilly's bloodhound was drugged. Bloodhounds are very aggressive dog's and only listen to one person, Has to be a male with a deep voice.

Life expectancy for a female Bloodhound is 3 to 6 years, male Bloodhound is 7 to 8 years. Lester is over 11 years old.

He always thought he was a beagle also. But he just never did fit in places the beagles could. :lol:

After the two beagles are gone all I want is a Pocket Beagle. Would think about a Jack Russel as well.

CHEERS! to all and a Happy New Year!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:31 am 

So sorry to hear.

I know the vet said my Chow Chow wouldn't live past 8 years. He was 16 before we put him down.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:38 am 

So Sorry to hear, what a sad christmas. My old duke is just about 10, male black labs live 10-12 years typically, I'm seeing the decline these days for sure. :(

Take it easy and maybe buy an airgun in between? Fall in love with something inanimate for while.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:03 am 

sorry bud. theres no better friendship than a pet that has been with you for so long. one of the family.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:04 pm 

San time indeed. IT happens. Cute, as a puppy, looks almost Shar Pei puppy with the sloppy skin.
Of course the ears give the hound away.
My Springer thought she was a hound at times and would "sing" like one, now and then.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:36 pm 

Sorry to hear, it’s never easy and I dread that call that I may have to make to the vet with my dog too.
I have a 14yr old German shorthaired pointer this last year he’s not been well with arthritis and such, got him on crazy expensive food and cbd oil aside from meds when needed.
It’s been accidents around the house daily and he’s grown short in temper.....even came close to biting my wife and I on a few occasions......but I love him to death he’s been fantastic!

Anyway, I’m very sorry I’m sure he’ll be missed, we all hate the day they go.

Take care and I hope 2021 will be a good year for you and your family.

Joe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:18 pm 

Sorry to hear that... What a hard time in the Christmas day... I am not a dog person, but I know that's very hard to go over as I lost my pets in the past too. They were your family and had been staying with you for long enough time that never easy to let go... Keep the good moments in your mind and they will stay in your heart forever. Cheers up!

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:36 am 

Every pet is a tiny tragedy waiting to happen. –George Carlin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:37 am 

wheeliehd,

So sorry to hear.

Grunt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:55 am 

*Update*
Not a good six months. My oldest purebred Beagle passed away last night in his dogloo in the garage. Wanted outside at 9pm and all was good and found him dead an hour later. But his health was declining the past year and a half. He was 12 and the boss dog of the other two. Controlled the other two dogs. This dog hurts bad. Got plans for his Ash's and a stone coming. Hope my third dog who's age in the middle of other two hangs on for some healthy years yet. May start a slow search for another purebred Beagle but really what I want is a "Pocket Beagle". CHEERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:51 pm 

Sorry to hear the loss... Wish only the good memories always be with you...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:07 pm 

Sorry to hear about your loss. My two black labs just turned 11 last week. The male has arthritis and needs help up and down the stairs, the female has always been the more athletic one and she now has developed a problem breathing.
Spending lots of time back and forth to the vet these days.
Tough times are coming.

To those who have been through the loss of a beloved pet, no explanation of your loss is necessary. To those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Best wishes,
Rob

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk