Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: covid[emoji20]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:41 am 

twister wrote:
X935r wrote:
For the anti maskers/ anti vaxers.
People are breaking their hips, kids are ingesting poison, people are in wrecks, and people are having heart attacks.
Beds aren't available because others are inflicted with this virus.
Others are inflicted because this is the cause, of all the causes in the world, this is what you hitched your wagon to.
Congratuflatuations. You know who you are.
This doesn't need to happen.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Do you have a link proving the hospitals are over run and there are no beds available ? Do you have links proving any of this ? Yes surgeries have been cancelled and a few people have died but let's see your numbers.
GTFO. my thread . not appreciated right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:42 am 

sillymike wrote:
Sorry for your loss.
- In this part of the wood, the Covid "situation" seems to only be something you read about in the news.

-*-*-

Don't want to come across as a heartless-individualist but...
- Bad things happen to good people
- Medical errors kill an average of 25,000 Canadians each years
- Talking with friends in the medical field, the isolation measures is killing more people because of depression/suicide than Covid death :cry:

-*-*-

Can't wait for this to be over...
we have lost more people in British Columbia to Covid then we did in the flu for the last 10 years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:43 am 

replicacanada wrote:
walther wrote:
Lost a good friend to Covid recently. He was only 52 and in good health. He used to run twice a week. He came down sick went into isolation and was dead in four days after testing positive . A family member found him in his apartment alone cold when they went to check on him because he was not answering his phone.He was supposed to attend his daughter's wedding in two weeks. The wedding was going to just be six people distanced , he was always safe.
Now when I see people not doing the right thing i am so angry ..
vent finished

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, this story needs to be told more often and to more people. Right now people see numbers, and numbers don't affect people individually until it's someone they know.

I get all these people that feel violated with the lockdown rules, or a mask rule, people hate being told what to do... We all hate it, but those people who don't seem to care, are being extremely selfish and stupid, shut your mouth, wear a mask, social distance, and stop fu*king gathering in groups. Like sucks, get over yourself people. (those who flout the rules)
thank you it is hard to believe how many people are heartless selfish ignorant and paranoid.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:44 am 

CaperJim wrote:
"Now when I see people not doing the right thing i am so angry .."

I'm curious as to what is this 'right thing' people are supposed to do?
Follow the provincial health guidelines. Distance when you can wear a mask when you have to according to the rules in place.
It is not rocket science

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:25 pm 

walther wrote:
thank you it is hard to believe how many people are heartless selfish ignorant and paranoid.

In the past 4 years, I've seen more ignorance and paranoia than ever before. I know the reason 100% ,but I won't get into that side of it on your thread.

People suck in general, they're all so self absorbed in to their own little world and situation. I'm sorry you had to experience it here with even more ignorance.

Post subject: Re: covid:(
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:42 pm 

walther wrote:
Lost a good friend to Covid recently. He was only 52 and in good health. He used to run twice a week. He came down sick went into isolation and was dead in four days after testing positive . A family member found him in his apartment alone cold when they went to check on him because he was not answering his phone.He was supposed to attend his daughter's wedding in two weeks. The wedding was going to just be six people distanced , he was always safe.
vent finished

Sorry for your loss i unfortunately know how that feels ...............

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:11 pm 

lauchlin wrote:
walther wrote:
vent finished

Sorry for your loss i unfortunately know how that feels ...............
Sorry for your loss too. when you get in your 50s you start to expect to lose people. But not like this.
my friend was a front line worker and a fantastic father and human.
I just don't understand why people are being so awful about being inconvenienced with a little piece of cloth on their face. Can you imagine during World War II in England was being bombed refusing to turn off your lights at night when the bombers game? unthinkable.
I lost my faith in humanity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:19 pm 

walther wrote:
I just don't understand why people are being so awful about being inconvenienced with a little piece of cloth on their face.
I lost my faith in humanity

A certain politician of unknown origin has stoked fear, lies, conspiracy for four years. People don't know what to believe anymore. His ruthless abuse of power and stage has set the sophisticated world back 40 years.

This is why there's a large portion of the population who are trying to "fight back" lol.

It comes down to independent thinking or sheep. He's riled the sheep to think they're thinking independently.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:00 am 

walther wrote:
twister wrote:
X935r wrote:
For the anti maskers/ anti vaxers.
People are breaking their hips, kids are ingesting poison, people are in wrecks, and people are having heart attacks.
Beds aren't available because others are inflicted with this virus.
Others are inflicted because this is the cause, of all the causes in the world, this is what you hitched your wagon to.
Congratuflatuations. You know who you are.
This doesn't need to happen.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Do you have a link proving the hospitals are over run and there are no beds available ? Do you have links proving any of this ? Yes surgeries have been cancelled and a few people have died but let's see your numbers.
GTFO. my thread . not appreciated right now.

Really ? I call out someone for giving false information on hospital beds and you crap on me. You want to know how I know it's false at the time he posted it ? My wife is on the front lines and there are beds available for those people. I wanted to know if he knew something I didn't because I take this crap seriously.
I sympathized with you in my first response to this post when I said I got covid and one of my coworkers died from it. I've known him ten years and even performed first aid on him.
Not only did I lose my coworker this year to covid I lost a friend of 30 years to a heart attack, My 13 year old dog died and my brother died in hospital with a brain disorder. Yes he had a hospital bed despite what that other guy says. Now I got you and another member calling me heartless. No, I would say bitter. I'm done now with this thread and you guys that still want to judge me can kiss my butt.

Post subject: Re: covid:(
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:25 am 

So apparently I posted false information on hospital beds. Currently at least two field hospitals are under construction or are in use in Canada.
A reefer trailer is being used as a morgue in London ON.
LA is prioritizing patients for oxygen and if they're too far gone, too bad.
I also have 1st hand knowledge of our local hospital and know that they're dodging bullets daily.
There's a proven way to slow this. Masks and distancing work. I've read, can't remember where, but the flu numbers are even down.
I'm a trucker and I had heart surgery 10 months ago. I'm 6'1" 210 lbs before you think 5'4" 350 lbs. Trust me, it's impossible for you not to have eaten something I've hauled. I wear a mask every place I go into. I feel naked without it now. In six months I've driven 100 000 km in Canada and the US.
Nobody will laugh at you for wearing a mask.
The corner people painted themselves in, that paint is dry. You can walk away now.