Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: REACTIVE TARGET
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:16 pm 

Attachment:
small.jpg
small.jpg [ 176.38 KiB | Viewed 1980 times ]
Hi there , Because I love target shooting with my airguns Im thinking to improvise some reactive targets. My cheap best idea is was in the place to use the chalk 1-2 inch diameter (clay targets ) who are expensive to be replaced by Clay target (pigeons d Argile).
I find a photo light Aluminium tripod like 20 bucks used, and in the top I put a horizontal piece of wood you can put an Aluminium square pipe and on this wood, i insert like 6 metal clamps with a screw each , the result was wonderfull you can use any size of clay target or chalk targets.
check the picture below for more details.This system its easy to be done and portable.

Post subject: Re: REACTIVE TARGET
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:36 pm 

What do clay targets run these days. Last ones I bought, were $35.00 per 135 in a box.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:21 pm 

In Quebec they are cheap 135 pcs in the store Canadian tire 20$ plus tx and 135 pcs at Sail 18 $ plus tax

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:09 pm 

Cool.
Messy, but fun!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:12 am 

Good to have enough targets to change things up.

I want to make something up on an old record player here so Target rotates.

But truly I always wanted to make a chalk Target where big sidewalk chalk is in a tube going down to a square with a hole on both sides. Shoot at hole and it blows the tip of the chalk off and dust flies out the holes. Chalk drops down as the tip of chalk blows off. Get lots of shots that way. Weld a rod on bottom to stick in the ground. Got the big box of sidewalk chalk two years ago but that's as far as I got with it. Still have chalk as I am to old to get on my knees and color my sidewalk. :)

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:57 am 

I get the fun in the reactive nature of something exploding into pieces, but it's A LOT more work. Going back and forth adding new ones and cleaning up the old clays would be annoying.

I'm really partial to splatterburst targets.. I can see the hole at 25M with my bare eyes usually due to the high contrast in colour.

https://amzn.to/2Lb3kd6 - I just recently moved to this target choice as you get more targets per page then the old ones I used to buy https://amzn.to/2JvDgJ7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:02 am 

wheeliehd wrote:

I want to make something up on an old record player here so Target rotates.

The UMAREX RC Target would be fun. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:13 am 

Clays seem huge. What kind of distance would you be shooting from? Offhand or pistol?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:28 pm 

pretty good. adisson. anytime you can shoot something and it shatters is fun. i shoot clay poker chips. what i do is carefully drill a small hole in the bottom of the poker chip. just deep enought so a toothpick will go into it. then i stick it onto my shooting gallery. usually paint them bright orange or yellow. then blast away. they shatter good. they are like mini clay pigeons and sometimes you can find them pretty cheap. i.ve got a lot of target ideas in this section that i made. check them out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:23 pm 

I just love shooting glass bottles and other glass items from dollar store or VV boutique. suspend them over recycle bin with back and side of cardboard to make sure all glass lands in bin. crush the glass and put in box after done. bit of work but it so fun :drinkers:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:30 pm 

CBS shooter wrote:
I just love shooting glass bottles and other glass items from dollar store or VV boutique. suspend them over recycle bin with back and side of cardboard to make sure all glass lands in bin. crush the glass and put in box after done. bit of work but it so fun :drinkers:

Dollar stores are the best place to find reactive targets. They don't have to be glass though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:32 pm 

Lots of great ideas here for homemade and reactive targets
topic69858.html