Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:14 am 
Site Moderator

FOR SALE: Daisy 880 multi-pump .177cal rifle with 4x32mm Barska Plinker-22 scope and rings. This rifle has only shot lead pellets and never shot a BB (rifled barrel). I blocked the BB port in the breech with a blob of shaped epoxy. This prevents pellets from accidentally entering the BB port when loading. The epoxy can easily be removed if someone wanted to shoot BBs using the bulk reservoir.

I am the original purchaser of this rifle. The rifle weight was quite light so I fastened casted lead balls inside the forearm and buttstock using silicone. The scoped rifle now weighs about 5 pounds. The weights can be removed without too much effort. I also shimmed the barrel inside the barrel sleeve using rubber washers that can easily be removed. Apparently the shims help stabilize the skinny barrel.

The 4X Barska scope is non-AO but can be adjusted for parallax by loosening the front trim ring and rotating the inside housing ring. It's a simple adjustment that takes almost no time. The scope is currently adjusted to be parallax free at either 10 or 20 metres. I adjusted it when new and left it there.

The rifle hasn't been shot much over the last couple of years but has been maintained with oiled felt pellets shot down the bore. I clocked the speed a few days ago as follows. This is the same velocity that the rifle shot as new. The piston seal was replaced a couple of years ago (common nitrile o-ring).

8.44gr JSB Exact
4 pumps = 500 fps
10 pumps = 660 fps

7.0gr RWS Hobby
10 pumps = 705 fps

My review of this air rifle produced nice groups with 8.44gr JSB Exact pellets. At 10m I was getting .28"ctc average and at 20m was producing .45"ctc average over 10 groups. The rifle is quiet to shoot indoors.

PAL needed. Purchaser must be at least 18 years of age.

PRICE: $80 plus shipping (firm)

Attachments:
AG For Sale 007b.jpg
AG For Sale 007b.jpg [ 691.01 KiB | Viewed 222 times ]