Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Screw measurement tool
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:05 pm 

Hey folks,

Just wondering where you get your screw size/thread pitch tools? I have a plastic one that only goes down the M6 metric size screws. I would like one that goes down to at least M3.

I found one at Lee Valley and some on Amazon, but I was surprised I couldn't find them on Princess Auto website. I also didn't find them on Canadian tire nor any of the home improvement store's websites... Rona, Lowes, Home Depot.

Here is the one I am looking at from Lee Valley:
https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/to ... crew-gauge

I guess the wholesalers have too, but they seem more expensive there. Such as Fastenal, Acklands-Grainger etc.....

Thanks,

Dave

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:12 pm 

I am going to answer my own question.... :D

Not sure why Amazon wasn't showing me very many options but all of a sudden it started showing me more products so I just ordered this thing, should be fine for the few times that I need it. I know it's plastic, but I don't plan on forcing a bolt through it.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B001FZOCCG/ref ... UTF8&psc=1

Cheers,
Dave

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:27 pm 

Normally, measure the diameter of the screw or hole and then measure the thread pitch. Caliper or mic for diameter, and an ism like this for the thread. https://www.amazon.ca/Stainless-Degree- ... 9795495454

Duke ))))----//----------==

Air guns? I have a few; but then again, too few to mention.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:25 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
Normally, measure the diameter of the screw or hole and then measure the thread pitch. Caliper or mic for diameter, and an ism like this for the thread. https://www.amazon.ca/Stainless-Degree- ... 9795495454

Thanks, I will add one these to my tool collection as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:15 pm 

The pitch gauges I have, are steel and have swinging gauge strips for matching threads. The look similar to the blade-type thickness (thousandths) gauges
but of course are shorter in length.