Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:05 am 

I have this Hawken rifle, not sure about it but it is made In Italy and I was told it's made by the same company as the Lyman rifles. It appears unfired. I believe it was a kit version that was assembled years ago but never really finished. The stock needs sanding to properly fit the brass inlays. It has a real nice double set trigger. Can shoot it with lots of creep or deadly hair trigger.
Anyway, I bought a bunch of stuff, everything to take it out and shoot it but I never tried it. See pics.
So here it is. Local deal would be great as there is a full lb of powder to go with it.
Trade value of $450. Edmonton area.
Shipping negotiable.
Thanks for looking.

Oh it's Missing one screw for the trigger guard. Looks like a small wood screw would work.

As for trades, I'm after a nice Springer or maybe a tuned Benjamin rifle of some sort. Anything interesting. I just bought it on impulse and doubt I'll ever use it.
If you can't get to the pictures I can text them to you.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... la2dvlgKvT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:55 pm 

That looks like the CVA (Connecticut Valley Arms) rifle sold back in the 70's/80's.
They may have sold kits and this one does appears unfinished in the butt-stock.
Good luck.
Oh - It isn't a Hawken, btw. It is a generic 1/2 stock modern, "production" rifle.
They were decent value, for what they were.
Today, quality parts to build a genuine "replica" Hawken will run you about $1,300.00
Cdn - just for the parts (steel in the white) and a band-sawed-only, stock blank.
There are no brass Hawken parts for sale anywhere, as brass was not used by Jake or Sam.

For what this is, your price equivalence is not out of line by any stroke.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:13 pm 

I never assumed it was an actual original Hawken rifle. Just a cheap kit gun. I remember seeing them at Cabela's about 5 years back. Thanks for the lesson though.
I figure for the money I spent on all the accessories, I'm asking $200 for the gun. Maybe less. It could be fun to play with, but I have enough rifles to reload for and forever running out of room :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:34 pm 

killercrow wrote:
I have this Hawken rifle, not sure about it but it is made In Italy and I was told it's made by the same company as the Lyman rifles. It appears unfired. I believe it was a kit version that was assembled years ago but never really finished. The stock needs sanding to properly fit the brass inlays. It has a real nice double set trigger. Can shoot it with lots of creep or deadly hair trigger.
Anyway, I bought a bunch of stuff, everything to take it out and shoot it but I never tried it. See pics.
So here it is. Local deal would be great as there is a full lb of powder to go with it.
Trade value of $450. Edmonton area.
Shipping negotiable.
Thanks for looking.

Oh it's Missing one screw for the trigger guard. Looks like a small wood screw would work.

As for trades, I'm after a nice Springer or maybe a tuned Benjamin rifle of some sort. Anything interesting. I just bought it on impulse and doubt I'll ever use it.
If you can't get to the pictures I can text them to you.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... la2dvlgKvT

Trade value of $450 for a $200 gun?
Let's correct that trade number to the $200 value okay?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:01 am 

Hi Walter.
Sorry if I wasn't clear in the description. I am offering the rifle as a full package deal. With ammo, powder, patches, caps, powder measure, some odds and ends, an aftermarket ram rod.
Actually have some literature to go with it too.
Lyman muzzleloaders handbook first edition, and another book called home guide to muzzleloaders, George c nonte jr.

I paid a guy $350 for the gun with the books then went out and bought all the loading stuff I needed to shoot it.