Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:28 am 

So, first off, I am not into the "sport" for a few different reasons. I don't want to offend anyone so I will keep those to myself. I want to talk about the equipment.

For years now I have only thought of airsoft equipment as really fancy, inaccurate, expensive toys. For what I want to do, I figured they were worthless, other than to harvest parts from or rebarrel in pellet size. I was half right. Some of you have seen my recent thread where I showcased a few things I have put together. One was a high end electric airsoft rifle that is 1:1 with the real steel that I bought broken to harvest some parts from for airgun builds. Because it came in pieces I put it back together, printed the broken part and made a battery pack just to see what all the fuss is about.

Wow. I had these things wrong. At 10m it is no less, and possibly more accurate than my steel storm. Not only that, but ammunition is cheap, it's easily modified and only needs batteries for power. I ended up printing a host of cosmetic upgrades for it.

Yes it low powered and can barely make it through a soda can, but it's perfect for my 10M range and quiet enough in full auto not to bother the wife. I find myself using it a lot which surprises me. I am actually now debating getting another one in bolt action form to use as well. Obviously I will continue to use my springers, etc, for when I really want to drive tacks or poke holes in something, but this thing is super fun and has changed my mind about them.

What do you guys think, anyone else using them at home?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:57 am 

Haaaaa, you fell to 8) , I have 5 of them a G17 gen3, Dragon Hi-Capa 7'', 2 1911 twin barrel and a DT4 twin. They are all fun :mrgreen: to shoot in their own category. But as you said accuracy surprised :shock: me (G17 and Dragon). On some instance I have better grouping then some of my .177 :evil: .

And as for accessories most of mine are Airsoft.

Do not feel bad, you are not alone.

By the way they all are asleep together side by side on my shelf dreaming (I guess) of spring...

SilentMan... :drinkers:

Brodax 44, Schofield #3, Remington 1875, Barra 009.

6mm
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa, Glock G17 Gen3.
M1911A1 twin barrel, 1911 twin Hi-Capa, DT4 Nemesis, .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:25 pm 
Supporting Members

I have moved this to Off Topic. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:52 pm 

Airsoft is fun. I keep 2 airsoft springer pistols at trailer park to play around with in summer. One has a light for shooting in dark around the campfire. (no I don't scare Blackbirds from my feeders) At home I have a KP-07 blowback and it is allot of fun. Mostly propane mags and fill the camp bottles myself from a propane tank. Can not take the blowback to trailer because it makes a huge amount of bang for a park. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:05 pm 

Lol, this is weird, I thought I was the only one!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:08 pm 

I have a electric M4 and 2 1911 gas pistols. They are fun to plink around the basement. They look good and cheap to shoot.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:29 pm 

I have an electric M4 as well, it's what prompted this thread. And may the pellets forgive me, but I have been looking at more of them....