Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:59 pm 

Me in Canada/Toronto area, relatively close to International Airport/Cargo.

So far as I remember all mail/packages between A – and – B points to Central/Eastern EU, airmail 4-5 calendar days max each way, cost averaging let say $13-18 CAD.
Today I sent a smaller gift package to my brothers kids, from the Canadapost office, same A – to – B route, I got two options to chose:

– airmail, no tracking number no insurance and no guaranty below 3-4 weeks delivery, $45 CAD
but because the package includes a battery (for kids, what else, right?)….only one option,
– surface, with tracking number and basic insurance, projected delivery time 4-6 weeks, $51 CAD

One guy standing behind me and he commented that the prices went up 500% for businesses, he needs a machine part from Germany no guaranty to arrive in 2-3 weeks, vs overnight airmail from earlier normal time.

I am not talking here CanadaPost or USPS or any other postal services, it looks like the new trend is getting popular all over the globe?

The other thing...a money.
I am consulting engineering for 15 + years, electronic money transfers toke minutes but definitely less then an hour. Now? nfw I can get a bank transaction in less then 4-5 days.
Not talking amazon or similar purchases yet, I see a price spike there as well, and the delivery is an open date.

What all these have to do with a bs COVID? Nothing. This is more going towards an orchestrated lockdown.
Hoping that I am not starting any political or conspiracies, because for politics I can't care less...just saying

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:59 pm 

Yeah... Things are going worse and have no idea when will back to normal or never...

One of my car is in the shop which has been waiting for parts for a month something. The latest I was told about a week ago was right now all packages imported have to be sprayed before next process when they arrive...

HW45 with customized grips from UK
Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine
Camo Chaser long barrel carbine
PP700SA long barrel carbine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:56 am 

I went to True North seed company to buy a few CBD seeds and they added on a $19.95 credit charge and no way around it. They say EMT is a credit charge also. So instead of $10 dollar delivery fee is now $29.95 with new charge. I talked to them, and then I deleted my account.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:01 pm 

No doubt, I remember about 15 years back I could ship a rifle to the far reaches of back country Canada for under $20. Now $60 to a major center. I guess they call it progress... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:18 pm 

Tried to purchase a car booster pack on sale Amazon Prime boxing day. Will not ship to Whitehorse Yukon even ground. We are not a collection of igloos off the north coast but a city of 30000 souls. We are also on a major international highway and have an international airport.
Sure would at least like to know why?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:12 pm 

Yet I ordered 20 - 500 count tins of .177 H&H pellets from Nikkonos on Ebay and have them all shipped together for $18.50 which I received today. Nothing makes sense anymore. :D :D