Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:50 pm 

Hello.

I am looking for a scope and mount for an RWS 350 Magnum. I was searching and it looks like people recommend different things based on the different triggers. What does the trigger have to do with the scope and mount? My trigger is T05

I think I like this scope so far, it seams reasonably priced with good specs, I like the light gathering of the 44 mil lens and the magnification range.

UTG® 3-12X44 30mm Scope, AO, 36-color Glass Mil-dot, w/ Rings
https://www.canadashootingsupply.ca/lea ... rings.html

I have no clue what mount to get. It comes with some but I don't think I have a weaver tail mount. I have no idea how to figure out my droop, or if I even need a droop compensated mount, not everyone mentions droop. They mention one piece mounts and I like that idea, they mention scope rings with 4 screws, only hawke I see has 4 screes per side on the ring.

Help me pick something decent please! I don't know what I am doing.

I also just purchased a used Diana Model 24, I wouldn't mind seeing what you guys recommend for that too. I know I want one with open sights but I think with the power of the Magnum long range target shooting with the scope will be more appropriate, the model 24 is for my daughter to use for now until I am able to get her a HW30S.

This scope looks nice, big price jump! https://www.jsesurplus.com/utg2-16x4430mmao36clrqd.aspx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:43 pm 

UTG scopes are very sturdy and pack a lot of features for the price tag, along with a lifetime warranty. I personally own 3 different models, all mounted on springers and they all have kept zero without any issues

Diana Stormrider .22
FX Crown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:06 pm 

Go4Robby wrote:
UTG scopes are very sturdy and pack a lot of features for the price tag, along with a lifetime warranty. I personally own 3 different models, all mounted on springers and they all have kept zero without any issues

What about the mounts? I see many options from people measuring droop and getting appropriate droop compensation, to people not even bothering. I don't get it.

What I got so far is I have a dovetail mounting rail on the gun, I need high mounts for the scope to clear.

What is the difference between dove and weaver exactly? Why do some put a dove to weaver rail before the rings? Some mounts can adjust droop too. I am probably overcomplicating this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:04 pm 

I guess lots of stuff is old. I found mounts that can adjust all that!

Ok, I picked stuff DL Airgun has in stock so I can call them and bug them with questions instead of here.

This is what I have picked. I just need to call and verify they work with each other and find what they recommend to put as cushion material between the ring and scope I guess.

https://dlairgun.com/products/ring-and- ... 7495968828
https://dlairgun.com/products/utg-30mm- ... 7466838076

The scope has a fixed magnification. Every other one that is not fixed is sold out lol. I guess people don't like fixed?

I can't see me wanting to zoom in and out constantly, what do you guys think?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:39 am 

I use the variable power feature all the time,i would not go back to a fixed power scope.Have had no issues with my UTG scope mounted on a Benjamin NP2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:48 pm 

This is the scope I have mounted on my two HW springers.
Of course, they are sold out. These optics with the etched reticle
are clear and sharp to the outside of the ring. Very nice and with the
1/2 Mil slashes, makes for easy zeros for longer range shooting. Thus,
I think a reticle with mil dots and 1/2 mil. slashes or dots, or an MOA reticle is superior
for longer range shooting.

To address the fixed power scope deal - both of my 3-12X scopes shown below in the rifles, have never
been changed from 12X power setting, no matter what range I am shooting. Thus, a 10X scope, if it has
focus/parallax settings, NP.

As far as the base goes, the 17.1 or 20.1 base will work fine on the springer. Some springers don't need
the angled bases, but it won't hurt to have one.

https://dlairgun.com/collections/leaper ... 7465723964

base

https://dlairgun.com/collections/leaper ... ator-mount

Medium rings will work, with this base and the 44mm (or thereabouts scope) - just look at the bottom rifle in my picture.

Attachments:
HW 97s resized2.jpg
HW 97s resized2.jpg [ 428.44 KiB | Viewed 134 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:50 pm 

I have both those guns. Diana 24 T03 trigger .22, D 350 Magnum T05 .22.

24 is smooth shooting from start and only gets better. My 8yr really liked a Red Dot on it. Don't think it will matter what scope is on it in terms of breaking.

350 broke many. Tuning and heavier pellets will help (16-18gr). Never had issues with any mounts moving. If scope wasn't near center for adjustment I just used a shim from pop bottles for mount until scope recticle was near middle of adjustment. Ravage 3x9x40, light small scope, 2000+ with no issues. Discovery 10x44, fixed power, 2000+, no issues.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:59 am 

Cheap rings that have done the job for me... Westhunters

A little blue locktite on the threads and everything has been solid for a long time.

https://amzn.to/35JnBOk