Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Edgun Leshiy 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:02 pm
Posts: 32
Does anyone know if Edgun has made the Canadian version of Leshiy 2 ?
seen the ads and it looks awesome. love to get one.
thx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Edgun Leshiy 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:57 pm
Posts: 299
Location: Aurora, ON, L4G7X4
I don't think that would make a business case for them to make structural modifications on a low volume built, how many pieces you think Canadians would buy...if... import allowed?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Edgun Leshiy 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:02 pm
Posts: 32
You sound right... but Airgun source told me in a few months we might hear from them... I wonder if we can import them without the moderator.. because thats the only issue with it as far as I can see.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Edgun Leshiy 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: GTA, ON
Silencer is no no for sure.

And also because of the compact size, pretty sure it will be classified as a pistol. So a sub 500fps looks pretty sure too...

In UK standard, it's in 12ft/lbs? If so, on a light 7g pellet, it's high 800fps to almost 900fps...

A lot to do to detune it and might not have a good result, like inconsistent, creeping Etc Etc...

Love that fancy Leshiy myself too!

_________________
CZ200s Color Laminated tuned to 10fpe
AA ProSport 177 Walnut in 12fpe
FWB300S Universal
HW 30s / 35e
HW 40+Extender / Scoped P3 / 45 / 70 / 75
Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Edgun Leshiy 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: GTA, ON
Maybe a good choice on a 22 caliber which still get good result like 2240 on 460fps.

Not sure the PCP thing like the PP700 and related, in order to eliminate the chance when in creeping the potential max fps won't get over 500fps, it might have to be tuned to below 430fps...

_________________
CZ200s Color Laminated tuned to 10fpe
AA ProSport 177 Walnut in 12fpe
FWB300S Universal
HW 30s / 35e
HW 40+Extender / Scoped P3 / 45 / 70 / 75
Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Edgun Leshiy 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:02 pm
Posts: 32
but they sell the leshiy 2 with many different barrel lengths... if one barrell is too short for Canada, why not selling the longer ones only to Canadians?
and the moderator can be just removed. or remove the inside of the silencer and keep the outside look.. .. just wondering


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Edgun Leshiy 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:02 pm
Posts: 32
YepYep wrote:
Silencer is no no for sure.

And also because of the compact size, pretty sure it will be classified as a pistol. So a sub 500fps looks pretty sure too...

In UK standard, it's in 12ft/lbs? If so, on a light 7g pellet, it's high 800fps to almost 900fps...

A lot to do to detune it and might not have a good result, like inconsistent, creeping Etc Etc...

Love that fancy Leshiy myself too!




but whats wrong with a pcp pistol? you can buy any kind of deadly pistol firearm in Canada anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Edgun Leshiy 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:04 am
Posts: 1214
falcbenry wrote:
YepYep wrote:
Silencer is no no for sure.

And also because of the compact size, pretty sure it will be classified as a pistol. So a sub 500fps looks pretty sure too...

In UK standard, it's in 12ft/lbs? If so, on a light 7g pellet, it's high 800fps to almost 900fps...

A lot to do to detune it and might not have a good result, like inconsistent, creeping Etc Etc...

Love that fancy Leshiy myself too!




but whats wrong with a pcp pistol? you can buy any kind of deadly pistol firearm in Canada anyway.


Restricted classed air pistols seems like a lot of hassle for a very select market in Canada. Legally you wouldn't even be allowed to shoot the thing in your basement. As stated earlier Canada is a very small market to begin with so the priority to customize for a small volume manufacturer is very low. We may get some but I wouldn't hold my breath.

_________________
I have some airguns.


Last edited by jckstrthmghty on Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Edgun Leshiy 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: GTA, ON
Pistol over 500fps is a restricted firearm.

You only need a R.PAL licence to possess. BUT the pistol itself is restricted and has to be registered and discharged in certain places that the law allowed, like licensed and registered ranges, clubs etc.

_________________
CZ200s Color Laminated tuned to 10fpe
AA ProSport 177 Walnut in 12fpe
FWB300S Universal
HW 30s / 35e
HW 40+Extender / Scoped P3 / 45 / 70 / 75
Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Edgun Leshiy 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:02 pm
Posts: 32
jckstrthmghty wrote:
falcbenry wrote:
YepYep wrote:
Silencer is no no for sure.

And also because of the compact size, pretty sure it will be classified as a pistol. So a sub 500fps looks pretty sure too...

In UK standard, it's in 12ft/lbs? If so, on a light 7g pellet, it's high 800fps to almost 900fps...

A lot to do to detune it and might not have a good result, like inconsistent, creeping Etc Etc...

Love that fancy Leshiy myself too!




but whats wrong with a pcp pistol? you can buy any kind of deadly pistol firearm in Canada anyway.


Restricted classed air pistols seems like a lot of hassle for a very select market in Canada. Legally you wouldn't even be allowed to shoot the thing in your basement. As stated earlier Canada is a very small market to begin with so the priority to customize for a small volume manufacturer is very low. We may get some but I wouldn't hold my breath.
bigHUN wrote:
I don't think that would make a business case for them to make structural modifications on a low volume built, how many pieces you think Canadians would buy...if... import allowed?


another thing is I wonder if they still have the Worldwide shipping on their website including Canada ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Edgun Leshiy 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: GTA, ON
[quote="falcbenry”]
another thing is I wonder if they still have the Worldwide shipping on their website including Canada ?[/quote]

Good question but looks this would be the last option as importing a restricted firearm by personal into Canada would be a pain in the axx even the British would ship to Canada... Our CBSA works hard to prevent guns going into Canada for sure...

I want to buy from AoA for many times, but still not dare to check out with them... Just want to avoid the troubles...

_________________
CZ200s Color Laminated tuned to 10fpe
AA ProSport 177 Walnut in 12fpe
FWB300S Universal
HW 30s / 35e
HW 40+Extender / Scoped P3 / 45 / 70 / 75
Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Edgun Leshiy 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:28 pm
Posts: 720
Well ,the Leishy classic came in with 350 mm barrel and empty shroud ,so I think there is a good chance for the Leishy 2 .As long as it is 26 overall and the shroud is permanent,kelly


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Edgun Leshiy 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:02 pm
Posts: 32
kelly1 wrote:
Well ,the Leishy classic came in with 350 mm barrel and empty shroud ,so I think there is a good chance for the Leishy 2 .As long as it is 26 overall and the shroud is permanent,kelly



good point..
Now the question is : Is Canada worried about having a quiet pellet rifle in people's hands or more worried about the Moderator gets to be used on a different gun?
because if the second option is to worry. it wouldnt be hard for the manufacturer to make the moderator permanent on the gun and only sell the 350 mm barrel to Canada which will easily be over 26 overall.
but if having a quiet pellet rifle is for them to worry about.. then we are stock with a dumb law again.

if they ask me why my pellet rifle needs to be quiet.. Id answer : so I can shoot more pigeons before I scare the rest of them away :wink: :D Daaaaa


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Edgun Leshiy 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 4123
Location: Edmonton
I guess one could come up all kinds of questions and responses as to "why" or "why not," but it's not going the change the fact that Canadian firearms laws are (1) relatively pointless, (2) certainly uniformed, and (3) insanely stupid. Best to just learn them and save the "why questions for your cquest in the tru "meaning of life"; the result will be about the same. :wink:

And trust me, they won't ask you :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Edgun Leshiy 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 pm
Posts: 8160
Location: P.G. B.C.
It's 42, Murray. :roll:

Everybody know dat.

_________________
Best Wishes
Daryl


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO