Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:56 am 

Bought a cheap air rifle at Princess Auto yesterday. They no longer have the Grizzly stamped on the barrel and they come in a plain brown box now. Stock same brown color but no little cheek piece on the right side. No rubber butt pad as grooves are right into the wood on the butt stop. Few grinding marks on metal and not as finished as the old ones marked Grizzly. Blueing not as good. I know these are manufactured somewhere different now, perhaps even cloned from the Grizzly. No such markings of Grizzly even on the plain brown box it came in. Saying this they do seem to shoot just as good with no twang as it is just a thud. Still value for $35 but not the same gun. Not worth any more than $35 dollars at regular price now but still a good option at $35 for a disposable air rifle to plink around at short distance in the house. Spring breaks buy another gun and switch scope over and good to go. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:43 pm 

wheeliehd,

I think you summed it up about this airgun. It is an entry level gun, or for someone who only wants to pay that for an airgun.

Just I wouldn't issue a warning. It is what it is. I mean what are you expecting for a regular price of $35?

I think the only alternative to this in Canada is buying used, and even then, not many used airguns that sell for $35, and actually work! BTW, I see a lot of these on the resale market, and all are more than $35, with some in the $80-100 range.

If you buy one from PA & it doesn't work, I have found that they are more than happy to give you an exchange or refund your money.

I bought one more than 5 years ago on sale at PA for $24.44 (was regular $50 back then), and have put close to 5,000 Grizzly pellets thru it (I find it works best with these heavier pellets), and it is still as accurate as it was, right out of the box. It may "twang" a little bit more than when it was new, but that does not bother me.

They currently have lots in stock, right out on the sales floor.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:02 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

They've changed them a few times over the years. Originally they had a bit of kick, the second one I bought had less kick and a shorter spring. I believe these are Chinese B-1 guns that have been made in various factories for many years. Likely many variations available. I guess they couldn't get the Grizzly label and still keep the original price point. Just a guess.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:06 pm 

Bought mine a couple of years ago at PA in .22 cal. Says grizzly on the barrel...probably was around 79 bucks. Not a bad rifle for the price...reasonably accurate and rips holes in soup cans no problem.--Craig