Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:32 pm 

legends ace in the hole. $99.99. and a couple of daisies. the red ryder youth and adult heritage kit--- $59.99. and daisy winchester model 12. $59.99. get em while you can.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:44 pm 

Darn. I spent some more $'s. Cut it out. :)

"free shipping" got me to spend more

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:56 pm 

Pete, unfortunately, the Daisy Red Ryder Youth/Adult Heritage Kit of both RRs, is $99.99, not $59.99.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/141908?u ... gn=21-p03j

I just got the pair in the bargain cave at my local Cabela's. Gave the youth version to neighbor's son as a late holiday present.

But am conflicted on the Winchester Model 12 pump action BB gun. Looks nice, but reviews are poor for it. Most say its a cheap plastic gun.

Can others who have tried it, comment on it? Is it any good? I know not to expect much from a $60 youth BB gun, but others are coming out with what seems to be much better airguns for a similar price.

Looking for candidly honest answers, on how it shoots, how accurate it is, & how close it comes to the advertised 350 fps. And of course the fun factor.

I bought a Marksman 1700 pump BB rifle on clearance at Princess Auto. Nice shooting airgun for the price. Would be satisfied is model 12 shot as nice.

Also, I have the Ace. Got it a couple of years ago at Cabela's. Nice shooter, if you like shell loading single action army revolvers. Don't be fooled by the short barrel. Mine is as accurate as my 5.5" BB Peacemakers.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:24 pm 

sorry b. read the flyer wrong. i,m not really interested in them. i got the flyer today and thought i,d let any one that might be. i thought about the ace but i,ve already got the sa6. i just watched a you tube video with the daisy winchester. all plastic. but the guy shot it pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:57 pm 

Pete:

I have the "Ace" Peacemaker, as well as the Crosman SA6 & 44, and 5 other Umarex Colt Peacemakers, including one that was modified to .22 cal.

The shell loading Umarex Peacemakers are way better airguns, more accurate replicas, shoot with more velocity, get almost triple the shots per CO2, and have better accuracy than the old Crosman peacemakers.

The price they are selling the Ace at is probably very close to their cost. It retailed for $219.99, when I bought it. I hear that production may have been discontinued, and understand that Cabela's may be clearing it out.

So, might want to pick one up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:27 pm 

No sure if sale still on or it's on sale again but just saw Umarex® Legends Ace In The Hole Air Pistol is on sale at cabelas.ca for $99 in case somebody is interested.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:29 am 

Ordered the Ace and received it... so far i like it. Mine was functional.

It comes in a box (not some plastic wrap like most crosman)
There's only one set of shell for pellets.. i just happen to have more shells that belong to other revolvers i have.

It is a bit more noisier than semi auto... it almost sound like one of those old revolver firecracker toy (with red firecracker rings)

$99... comes to around $130 with taxes and shipping.
The content inside the box were not perfectly packaged.. the instruction paper was bent , the gun could have been manipulated prior to shipping... perhaps even refurbished..
But it is working, that is all that matter..

Remington Express Hunter break barrel
KWA QRF mod 3 Airsoft
G&G SMC9 Airsoft
Amoeba Striker 1 Airsoft
KJW 1911 Airsoft

GX CS3 air compressor