Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:40 pm 
Supporting Members

pistolero wrote:
During my high school days, we have 2 years of military training subject in the school where I come from, and this is mandatory, then, 2 years also of the same subject in college or university. I always wonder if this curriculum is much better to be brought back to educate this generation to bring discipline and also awareness. I believe that violent video games is more influential in all this gun related incident nowadays.

wheeliehd wrote:
My father was a OPP police officer in Kitchener. Bought me a pellet gun at age 9. Used to sling it over my shoulder and walk the streets of Kitchener to local parks. Kids my age on swings and slides and me in a 4X4 bush waiting on a bird to land in the right spot. Got my first 22 powder burner at age 12. Always went deer hunting with my Dad at a very young age and sit with him. I was fully licence to hunt on my own at age 15. How times have changed and not for the good. I am not the criminal.

Dad would always hang his police belt with his loaded pistol in the basement of our house and I would walk by it many times each day and never once did I ever touch it. It was something I never even thought of doing. I was brought up with guns and was taught to respect them.

CHEERS!

I agree.......in fact I have gotten into arguments with friends over this. They are letting computers/TV/video games raise their children.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:06 pm 

It's so true.
Discipline is taught, not given.
Know what they say about idle minds.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:27 pm 

When I was in high school in Kitchener many years ago I took my .22 and new scope into the school so the machine shop teacher could help me modify the rings to make them fit. My buddy got caught by the VP with a 12ga and a box of beer in his locker on a Friday afternoon ( they were leaving from school for the weekend to a friend's cottage). He got more grief for the beer than the shotgun. Today the school would be under lockdown and surrounded by SWAT. Times change.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:52 pm 

rob g wrote:
When I was in high school in Kitchener many years ago I took my .22 and new scope into the school so the machine shop teacher could help me modify the rings to make them fit. My buddy got caught by the VP with a 12ga and a box of beer in his locker on a Friday afternoon ( they were leaving from school for the weekend to a friend's cottage). He got more grief for the beer than the shotgun. Today the school would be under lockdown and surrounded by SWAT. Times change.
That's some good time....

Sigh... Can't say the time now is better or worse, I do like the old time more...

When I was still a little kid, kids in the same age playing muds on the river side together naked was normal... For sure in the current time, someone must be prepared for the jail time especially if the parents took some pictures to record the fun time...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:44 am 

At age 16, I owned two air rifles, a Crosman 760 and a super accurate, forever dieseling Chinese break barrel. Both were purchased from local hardware stores. I shot birds with the break barrel rifle. Even walked the streets of Rockwood with it. Most fun was shooting pop bottle caps and pop cans in the backyard.

Later in University I had my FAC and purchased semi-auto Cooey and a couple of Ruger 22's from local hardware stores. I would go to a private range outside of Acton to shoot them with 30 shot magazines for the Ruger 22. It was nothing to go through 100 rounds in one sitting.

How time has changed.

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:55 am