Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:26 pm 

Have been shooting co2,springers.I cant shoot artillery holds no matter what i do.First gun I shot Remington .22 with some kind hammer cock. it was old. Looking for spring too shoot gophers for a farmer.I was born feb. 25 1928. Get ur calculators out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:23 am 

I am 41 right now and have been around and interested in airguns since I was a pup. We had a cottage and my brothers had a Coleman Crosman pump rifle and a Chinese spring rifle that had no front sight. I think I was about 16 when I got my first air rifle which I paid for with my own money which was a Baikal single shot. After that with the 495 fps law I took more of an interest in pistols and joined this forum in my 20's, I made some good connections here and went to a few airgun shows and started amassing a C02 pistol collection especially modding 2240's. Then I got my PAL I picked up various PAL rifles and still had an interest in pistols so got an HW40 which actually took some convincing from Todd Cooper they were rather expensive at the time and I wasn't so sure about buying on this new online thing. After that I purchased an HW45 and later an HW85K. Now that I was into Weihrauch I sold off the majority of my collection and concentrated more on shooting them better. Then in my 30's I more or less stopped buying anything I still shot a lot but had other interests as well. One of them being my son was born and we were in debt. Fast forward to today we have our affairs cleaned up I still shoot those Weihrauchs and recently picked up an HW80 which is a very interesting air rifle. I still buy the occasional BB pistol if the price is right but dont really shoot them just like the look of them. My sons are now 8 and 4 they both have daisy rifles. I have taken the older one out quite a few times, he is not really the best with a gun yet but likes that it gives us some time together and I treasure it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:02 am 

oldy92 wrote:
Have been shooting co2,springers.I cant shoot artillery holds no matter what i do.First gun I shot Remington .22 with some kind hammer cock. it was old. Looking for spring too shoot gophers for a farmer.I was born feb. 25 1928. Get ur calculators out.

I may be wrong but I think you win.

A bunch of old grumpy farts you all are.... I'm just a young one. Trending 53, shooting much of that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:06 am 

Dukemeister wrote:
I have whittled my holdings down to four air rifles and am constantly fighting the addiction. Many members have my ex-guns in their collection - all lovingly tuned and bling-blinged.
I now own and collect only European, wood stock, .22 cal, non-PAL rifles - there is room for an AA TX200 or a HW100, and Kral, and a Hatsan, and a ..... [emoji38]

Edit.. I vaguely remember doing a poll some time ago on the age of CAF members, i believe it showed that the active CAF members are a geriatric crowd. Younger members don't hang out on Forums.

Yep ~ Your nice 35E is on my wall rack for quite some time already!

And I think the younger ppl, 20, 30 or below enjoy the more instant and quick busy life... So they use Instagram, FB, Discord etc... Anyway, no old school forum readings...

And I am tuning 45 in the summer now, looking forward for cozy relaxing retirement life now.... :eek:

I believe (most) of the boys love guns, tanks, battleships, jet fighter, X-Wings, blades, even just throwing stones those dangerous stuff since they were a kid... Me too~ However I borned and grown up in China, where the place has the most strict regulations on weapons since more than 2 thousand years ago (BC-220, the Qin Dynasty)... So~ in my child hood, I had only slingshots (home made ones and usually had to hand it in when being seen [emoji38])....

In my high school time, I happened to own my first real airgun, a 6mm airsoft pistol as a gift when I visited HK. And that's all... But at that time, we could still buy airguns (of course not to sell or touch for kids...). I shot maybe two pumpers when visiting my older relations in the country...

After settled down in Canada for many years... I happened to find Walmart sells MP5 BB gun on their website and cheap (much cheaper than my last hobby about moding my cars)! Just for complete the dream in my childhood, I bought one in 2017.... Since then, I found this hole just too deep... Anyway, I don't want to climb up yet ~ [emoji38] :drinkers:

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:32 am 

IanC wrote:
I am 41 right now and have been around and interested in airguns since I was a pup. We had a cottage and my brothers had a Coleman Crosman pump rifle and a Chinese spring rifle that had no front sight. I think I was about 16 when I got my first air rifle which I paid for with my own money which was a Baikal single shot. After that with the 495 fps law I took more of an interest in pistols and joined this forum in my 20's, I made some good connections here and went to a few airgun shows and started amassing a C02 pistol collection especially modding 2240's. Then I got my PAL I picked up various PAL rifles and still had an interest in pistols so got an HW40 which actually took some convincing from Todd Cooper they were rather expensive at the time and I wasn't so sure about buying on this new online thing. After that I purchased an HW45 and later an HW85K. Now that I was into Weihrauch I sold off the majority of my collection and concentrated more on shooting them better. Then in my 30's I more or less stopped buying anything I still shot a lot but had other interests as well. One of them being my son was born and we were in debt. Fast forward to today we have our affairs cleaned up I still shoot those Weihrauchs and recently picked up an HW80 which is a very interesting air rifle. I still buy the occasional BB pistol if the price is right but dont really shoot them just like the look of them. My sons are now 8 and 4 they both have daisy rifles. I have taken the older one out quite a few times, he is not really the best with a gun yet but likes that it gives us some time together and I treasure it.
Yep~ I have very similar experience... Started with BB guns than co2 and springer and gave PCP a try and come back to springers at the moment...

The HW40 was expensive to me too... However as the P17 let me understood what's called accuracy, I didn't hesitate when I placed my order.... And then more and more more expensive guns added to my collection and they just worth the money you spent!

And same, if prices are right, I will still buying the toys (uhh... Maybe 'prohibited toy' later if things going wrong...) But not really shoot them, just being glad by looking at them~ I haven't bought co2 and BBs for a very long time but keep buying pellets from time to time ~

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:51 am 

just turned 31 first air gun benji classic 22

now own that and a HW97k and HW110 and Walter cp88

great forum learned a lot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:48 am 

I don't usually participate in these things.
This forum is a bit special as I have met a few of the locals on here.
Getting on the far side of 63 (already :shock: )
I don't know where the time goes.

I can tell you this community is a heck of a lot of fun in person!

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:25 pm 

oldy92 wrote:

Well done and happy belated birthday. What is your price range on that gopher springer?
I found my P.A.L. Blackline HW97 in .177 worked great on them to 56yards, my furthest shot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:21 pm 

I'd say this post is like a bottle of fine wine . ---Pretty well aged. I'm78, have a good one guys. It's no wonder there is so much knowledge in one pile here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:40 pm 

Turned 61 couple weeks ago,
No guns for four decades after I served my share during cold war time in Eastern EU, and I would still be competing archery FITA and Field if the Mr doctor did not cut through couple nerves in my back during lung surgery, well, he sad he needed more room to get inside for a chunk.
I would like to compete airguns as well long range rings, but nowhere to go shooting, and most likely for a little while.
I have also couple other outdoor hobbies, if my wife would let me retire I promise I won't be bored, btw again no fishing no hunting no bringing home any strange smells ;)
Just got back to office work after several months sitting in the dark (and btw thank you Mr school teacher for paying me for that) , I can tell you only problem with that was this winter just way to long.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:41 pm 

Rumour hath it that I will turn 80 this may. Still have my first Crosman c02 pistol and it works fine. Can pull
a nob at the back to increase power. Nifty. Anyway I love the hobby and have purchased more guns than I can use regularly.
But it is not about how often it is about the pleasure from each and every shoot.
1337, Dan Wesson, Webley, Beretta,Peacemaker, Single Six, DPMS ,Crosman 157, and Vigilante, I prefer the Beretta FS92. oh and Winchester 45 Blowback, Canadian laws are pretty strict as we know and I only shoot in a backroom in the basement which is all mine fortunately.
I grew up in Thunder Bay when we could put up a backstop and pepper the paper or soup can in the backyard. We are so paranoid about turning into a nation of gun toters . I would love to see a time when we could put something up outside by way of backstop protection and have it inspected and approved. Not gonna happen I know. Have tried to generate interest in a club with an indoor site but no takers. I will add to this again.
Jon "Durango" Ogden

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:54 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
A bunch of old grumpy farts you all are....

HEY! i represent that! :evil:

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:45 am 

I'm just turning 69 but my Older sister says thats only about 61 American. I bought my first air rifle at Honest Ed's on Bloor at Bathurst for $6.33. Still have it sitting in the attic. I would guess that at least 3 to 4 Lbs. of lead pellets got pushed down and out of that barrel. Still puts a smile on my face just thinking about it. Once loaded it up with some 6 or 8 BB's and fired at a hornets nest to little effect. This lack of result convinced my companion to hurl his freshly finished apple core at the nest which released hundreds of angry occupants that sailed past me knowing somehow the fleeing shape was the cause of their ire. I didn't get a single bite. They stopped counting his after 20.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:22 pm 

Stan in Toronto wrote:
I'm just turning 69 but my Older sister says thats only about 61 American. I bought my first air rifle at Honest Ed's on Bloor at Bathurst for $6.33. Still have it sitting in the attic. I would guess that at least 3 to 4 Lbs. of lead pellets got pushed down and out of that barrel. Still puts a smile on my face just thinking about it. Once loaded it up with some 6 or 8 BB's and fired at a hornets nest to little effect. This lack of result convinced my companion to hurl his freshly finished apple core at the nest which released hundreds of angry occupants that sailed past me knowing somehow the fleeing shape was the cause of their ire. I didn't get a single bite. They stopped counting his after 20.

I like that expanded TSX for your avatar, Stan.
I tried the same thing with my bro's Slavia from the 1950's.
I turn 71 next month.
I'm remembering trying small pistol primers in that rifle. Satisfying POP on a brick wall, until an anvil came back and buried in my forehead.
That was enough of that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:28 pm 

Stan in Toronto wrote:

Same thing happened to me when I was a kid. Except other kid threw a rock and got swarmed. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next