Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:13 pm 

I was thinking about that.
Do you mean you flip the tool upside down and turn in reverse feed? Or something like that...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:48 am 

I use max back gearing when I thread, about 35rpm. You don't make mistakes when you don't hurry. It's slower, but I'm not a commercial shop where time is money. I'm retired, I have lots of time and no money. :)

Nothing works and I don't know why.

Two lathes and too many projects

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:51 pm 

Killer, yes. Another plus is if you over feed ,"too deep of cut" it'll just jack your tool up instead of smashing something. I don't know how to do links but, search u tube for Joe Piesinski backwards threading . Spelling of the name is close . I'm 78 years old and been around some but this guy is cool. He is a shop owner and tells it like it is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:46 pm 

I have used dies exclusively for the last few years and once I figured out how to keep the die straight during the initial first thread I have had zero issues. I run Hatsan air strippers for .25 and .22 and never had any issues. I do have a couple HW rifles both PCP and springers and couldn’t imagine getting any better accuracy from a pellet. Shooting cast or swaged ammo hasn’t been tested as the rifles are all low powered. For barrel sources , try getting them from the UK .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:59 pm 

Ya the weirauch barrels are very impressive could they be better then lothar walther??? 3 inch targets at 100 yards are a breeze with crossman pellets ...could imagine what diablo pellets shoot like

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:45 pm 

csitas wrote:
Killer, yes. Another plus is if you over feed ,"too deep of cut" it'll just jack your tool up instead of smashing something. I don't know how to do links but, search u tube for Joe Piesinski backwards threading . Spelling of the name is close . I'm 78 years old and been around some but this guy is cool. He is a shop owner and tells it like it is.

That's the guy I have been watching lately. I did see that video.
I read about it, then guys say it can't be done, etc... But watching it happen makes all the sense.

I never have had much luck with dies. Unless I can secure them square in a drill press or the lathe then turn by hand. I know there's a trick to it but I haven't seen it yet :lol:

Now I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the lw barrels are just another of many barrel manufacturers. Are they accurate? Sure. Are they more accurate than my 40 year old Ruger 25-06? Maybe. But I'll accept that challenge. Barrels are only part of the equation, in the grand scheme of things.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:42 pm 

That's the thing accuracy starts with the barrel and ends with the pellet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:33 am 

Found a 30.5 in weirauch barrel on pyramidair.com they sell them with and without silencer in .22 and .77

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:28 pm 

You can buy LW barrels direct from them in Germany and the UK, look them up send an email and they will send you a price list to compare to their catalogue page.
There is no guarantee your rifle will be more accurate and to improve at that level you want to have a professional do the work.
They will also send you a list of authorized resellers in Canada

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:30 pm 

So, now I'm wondering: Why doesn't someone investigate this source on behalf of the forum and report back the information provided.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:12 am 

The list of dealers is on their website...you have to scroll down a ways to find Canadian dealers. Then you get to do some leg work (ear work?) and call them for pricing and availability.

https://www.lothar-walther.de/dealers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:45 pm 

Look-it that. 4 out of 6 dealers in Canada are in BC, 2 in Carnbrook.
I also see there are more than a few in Germany. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:25 pm 

Last time I checked there was only 1 gun store in Cranbrook.
Must be gunsmiths or something.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:03 pm 

I just replaced the barrel on my B50 .22 with a blank from gmac in the UK.
I threaded it with a die, the bore was concentric so I didnt bother with a 4jaw chuck,
I made a thread protector from the cut off.
Attachment:
AC3CEF94-9378-42C9-B673-1B3B2D682C3B.jpeg
AC3CEF94-9378-42C9-B673-1B3B2D682C3B.jpeg [ 209.01 KiB | Viewed 372 times ]

Attachment:
A9CF389F-D3A6-4377-AB17-09D076DD864A.jpeg
A9CF389F-D3A6-4377-AB17-09D076DD864A.jpeg [ 162.93 KiB | Viewed 372 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:41 am 

Acculy found longer barrels threaded for hw 110s by weirauch on pyramid air I got a 30.5 inch comes in Tuesday. Also removing the barrel was pretty easy had some lock tight on it too but wasn't strong I guess.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Weihrauc ... 2_Cal/9915

Also when I was talking to lothar walther ( there us store) they said usually any gun smith could thread the barrel. So could run you 3 to 400 dollars per barrel with getting it threaded which really isnt tha bad.

Pyramid air has a lot of barrels on there site by weirauch which is also a great brand of barrel.