Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:35 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Hello everyone,

After waiting patiently for many months, our good friends at Air Gun Source finally received inventory on the new Daystate Huntsman Revere (https://daystate.com/rifles/huntsman-revere/), a side-lever action PCP air rifle. Travis, bless his heart, sent me photos of three or four different rifles in .22 calibre, allowing me the pleasure of selecting grain and colour of the exquisitely carved Minelli stock I liked most. Now that's what I call that superb customer service!

I've been in possession of the Huntsman Revere for a month or so, and I can say without reservation it is one of the finest classic style PCP air rifles available today. Just like it's predecessors, everything about it oozes quality. A perfectly balanced airgun that shoulders naturally and is a breeze to cock with it's effortless, silky smooth side-lever action. BTW, the side lever can easily be swapped for left or right handed shooters. Unlike my little Huntsman Classic Carbine, the new Revere has a shrouded barrel, and what seems at first as a much longer air reservoir. In fact, most of the extra length comes with the addition of a probe style HPA filler and pressure gauge mounted at the front end of the cylinder, reserving the original gauge location of previous models on the underside of the stock, for regulated pressure readings. The finely crafted Minelli Walnut stock appears identical to my Huntsman Classic, with the exception of a bold laser etched "R" on the hand grip. Interestingly enough, despite the shrouded barrel, the overall weight of the new rifle seems pretty close to it's predecessor, which is remarkably light. The safety is logically and ergonomically mounted above the hand-grip, esaily cycled with a flick of one's thumb. The rifle came very nicely packaged, with a tasteful and well written owner's manual, as well as a performance test sheet showing shot velocity, power and shot spreads.

So, what's not to like about the latest iteration of Daystate's Huntsman PCP Air Rifle? I suppose if one were to knit pick, the pressure gauge on the end of the air reservoir might be considered a safety hazard. While I'm not a big fan of this location either, it is possible to read the current pressure from the side, negating the necessity of looking right down the bore while doing so. The secondary regulated pressure gauge on the underside of the rifle can always be safely observed of course.

The only personal gripe I have with the Huntsman Revere, is the "New & Improved" rotary magazine. It's taller than the original, which possibly means higher scope mounts to clear, and, more of an issue for me, the new rifle lacks the mechanism of older models to advance the magazine, making all of my spare Huntsman Classic (and Regal) mags useless for the new rifle. At $100 + a pop, that makes purchasing spare mags for the new Revere a rather expensive proposition. Beyond this, I cannot fault this exceptionally crafted PCP Rifle in any way. If I could own only one air rifle, this would be the one to keep!

Due to work schedules and inclement weather conditions, I've not yet had an opportunity to pass some lead downrange ....... it's like a terrible itch that cannot be scratched!! My Huntsman Revere now sports a Sightron Side-Focus scope, ready for sighting-in and some bench-rest FT. Fortunately, now that Spring has arrived, opportunities to get outdoors and do a little shooting with the Revere are just around the corner -I'll certainly post a second report with some performance results if others are interested, once I've done so. If it's anything like all the previous iterations of this Daystate model, it will certainly impress. Given my Huntsman Classic is a non-regulated rifle, and this new model a Huma regulated, I have very high expectations indeed! In the meantime, here's a review via Hard Air Magazine: https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/the ... st-review/ and a YouTube video that may be of interest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AsIvp5kw-A

Thanks for looking!

Avianmanor

Attachments:
IMG_4100.jpg
IMG_4100.jpg [ 195.75 KiB | Viewed 1858 times ]
IMG_4107.jpg
IMG_4107.jpg [ 117.99 KiB | Viewed 1858 times ]
File comment: "New & Improved" Magazine
IMG_4105.jpg
IMG_4105.jpg [ 164.46 KiB | Viewed 1858 times ]

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:05 am 

Looks nice :drinkers:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:20 pm 

Congratulations for your acquisition are in order and the nice review.
Indeed Daystate are in my personal view as good as ...if not slightly better...in terms of engineering quality and undoubtedly with accuracy than the other favorite UK airgun manufacturer. Looking forward to view shot test performance results.
Cheers!

Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher .177
CZ-200S lam. .177
Weihrauch HW50S Stl
Cometa Fusion .22
HatsanAT44&95 .22
FAS 6004T
Weihrauch HW44 .22
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:12 pm 

Great first-look review. Congrats on your acquisition. :drinkers:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:29 pm 

Very nice gun indeed. Enjoy it!

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:02 am 

Good looking rifle, hope it performs like it looks. I'd be right pissed about the new mag too..
Quote:
The only personal gripe I have with the Huntsman Revere, is the "New & Improved" rotary magazine. It's taller than the original, which possibly means higher scope mounts to clear, and, more of an issue for me, the new rifle lacks the mechanism of older models to advance the magazine, making all of my spare Huntsman Classic (and Regal) mags useless for the new rifle. At $100 + a pop, that makes purchasing spare mags for the new Revere a rather expensive proposition. Beyond this, I cannot fault this exceptionally crafted PCP Rifle in any way. If I could own only one air rifle, this would be the one to keep!

Now,I tried counting how many pellets hold into the new mag, but I kept going round and round; so iI had to mark one slot and carefully count without double counting slots.I get 11... so what up with that?

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:01 am 

She’s a beauty! Good selection. I’ve always had my eye on these, gorgeous classic styling.

Looking forward to your shooting impressions!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:00 pm 

That's a beautiful looking gun you have Aaron I'll be looking forward to seeing your reviews on it. Congrats on your purchase.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:09 pm 

Is the barrel a Lothar Walther ? Great gun by the way. !

Daystate rever
AA510 carbine
JTS Airacuda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:00 am 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Yes,

Daystate works closely with L W to constantly improve their barrel design. Some web sites claim the newer ART barrel is incorporated in the Revere .177 & .22, where others say it's only utilized in higher power / calibre models. Haven't had time to fully research this.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:12 am 

Avianmanor wrote:
Yes,

Some web sites claim the newer ART barrel is incorporated in the Revere .177 & .22,

That's exactually what I was wondering. Didn;t know for sure if they were the LW barrels or the ART barrel design

Daystate rever
AA510 carbine
JTS Airacuda