Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:57 pm 

Air kept leaking out of the fill port. After taking apart I saw tiny bits of rubber blocking the seal surface and after inspection, the seal on the check valve is history. I made another one by turning down another o-ring (fine sand paper and drill) but it won’t last. Anyone know where I could get one?

Attachments:
97B9C1BB-42FD-4CE5-B3FA-65D8A23845DB.jpeg
97B9C1BB-42FD-4CE5-B3FA-65D8A23845DB.jpeg [ 313.54 KiB | Viewed 820 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:52 am 

That’s going to be a tough one to find. You may want to try Will Piat here. https://sites.google.com/site/saddlemountaingunsmith/

If he can’t help , get the hardest oring you can find and keep making them your self or if you have the capability to make one from some hard plastic. Evanix parts are near impossible to find.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:14 pm 

Or do away with the oring all together and make/have one made from teflon or delrin.

Al

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:24 pm 

I think Al has hit on the best answer here. The Air Force Talon has a delrin or hard nylon seal, as-do the Hatsan rifles where the pressure in the tank
pressed the 'piston' with delrin or hard nylon 'stopper' against an angled 'sealing surface'. I assume most PCP's have an arrangement quite similar to this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:18 pm 

If you don't have access to a lathe, you could probably make one with a drill press and a file :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:33 pm 

For years I used my poor man's lathe. That was a hand drill clamped in the bench vice. I thought I was way ahead of the game
when I bought a variable speed electric 1/2" drill.
I made a lot of "stuff" with that rig - even a primer firing device to replace the nipple on a cap-lock muzzleloading rifle. All parts
were made on the poor man's lathe. With files, taps and dies.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:09 pm 

Thanks for the ideas yes I tried distributors in 5 different countries and nothing.
I eventually made one with an O- ring that fit and used the poor man lathe method mentioned in one of the replies ( drill and sand paper). it works! I’ve ordered a kit of Buna-N O-Rings as an alternative.

I did some research on epoxy and stuff in tubes but thought I would ask for recommendations before $$$ trial and error.

Thank you for all the great advise

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:23 pm 

That's the way it goes. Make do with what you got :lol: I got by with a small bench top drill press for a long time. Surprising what you can do when you put your mind to it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:25 pm 

It could just be a regular normal o-ring and it's distorted from the high pressure on it ?