Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Jay's Sentry Project
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:35 pm 

Hi Guys!
Jay's been sending me pics of his Sentry project for awhile now, and I figured it's past time I shared with you all what he's been up to. Hopefully he'll chime in here and give some details. 8)
He got one of my 25 cal Sentry and has been completely going through it, polishing parts and drilling out the ports, doing up the barrel professionally and stripping and refinishing the stock. He also has added a bunch of custom parts that he has been making for me. It's a whole new gun! Take a look. 8)
Pics seem to get mixed a bit when loading so I'll do them in batches. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Jay's Sentry Project
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:36 pm 

More pics as it progresses. Stock sure looks nice! ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:38 pm 

Stock with Brass power adjuster added and brass cheek piece adjusters ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:39 pm 

Drilling out barrel and other ports ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:40 pm 

More pics 8) ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:42 pm 

Amazing job. Thanks Jay!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:56 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
Amazing job. Thanks Jay!

Cheers Wes!! It has been fun knocking the edges off this rifle. I’m still going to tear down the rifle again and make some additional tweaks as well as further open the port system right from the valve to breech. It’s throwing jsb hades at around 850fps at the moment but can do better. All parts have been completely deburred and the cocking arm has been tightened up so it not sloppy, bolt, hammer, hammer spring and bolt receiver has been polished and it cycles nice and smooth now. I stripped the stock to its natural wood and did a proper Tru Oil finish, ten coats. Anyway I’m not quite done with the rifle and when I’m done I will post chrony results and grouping results. Wes and I decided to do this with the sentry to see what kind of interest it would generate. I’m recording everything I’m doing and will be able to easily reproduce the results in the future. I’m going to be sending the rifle back to Wes so he can test it for himself and I think we are planning to make it available to anyone interested.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:06 pm 

Landsngrooves wrote:
wesb2007 wrote:
Amazing job. Thanks Jay!

Cheers Wes!! It has been fun knocking the edges off this rifle. I’m still going to tear down the rifle again and make some additional tweaks as well as further open the port system right from the valve to breech. It’s throwing jsb hades at around 850fps at the moment but can do better. All parts have been completely deburred and the cocking arm has been tightened up so it not sloppy, bolt, hammer, hammer spring and bolt receiver has been polished and it cycles nice and smooth now. I stripped the stock to its natural wood and did a proper Tru Oil finish, ten coats. Anyway I’m not quite done with the rifle and when I’m done I will post chrony results and grouping results. Wes and I decided to do this with the sentry to see what kind of interest it would generate. I’m recording everything I’m doing and will be able to easily reproduce the results in the future. I’m going to be sending the rifle back to Wes so he can test it for himself and I think we are planning to make it available to anyone interested.

Regulated and good, consistent string? that's impressive enough for me. Anxious to see what you come up with, although it's not sounding terribly affordable with both the mechanical and woodwork involved.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:19 pm 

Yes- amazing and wonderful work, Jay. Looks to be a home-job, as-in, for yourself as the $$ surely mount to more
than I would afford for an air rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:26 pm 

It is very nice! I’ve been following his progress on Instagram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:04 pm 

Thank you guys!! This one isn’t going to be regulated, just going to let it have the air. As I was saying Wes and I are going to make it available to anyone who is interested. That being said yes quite a bit of work is going into the gun but I’m not worried about the time invested from a financial point of view. It is a brand new gun right out of the box when I started and I wanted to come at this rifle without researching what everyone else has done to tune theirs and see how far I could push this rifle from a cosmetic and performance point of view while looking at it through my own eyes. I have a small machine shop and I’m skilled at what I do and I also love what I do. So in the end I just want to get it out there that I can do a quality tune or restoration and if the rifle is worth it you I would be more than happy to help out. Working with Wes has been a blast, he’s a absolutely stand up guy and helping create some awareness for his part in this is a goal as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:16 am 

Excellent work! Wes is always great to deal with. I think there is a market for this type of work. Good luck!

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4