Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:44 pm 

I bought my Artemis PP700SA and the quality is really bad.
It leaked out all the gas overnight when I was filled it up for 200bar.
I have to send back to the shop for replacement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:56 pm 

That's unfortunate. Quite a few of us have them with no issues.

Rich

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:34 pm 

O ring seals will sometimes leak after installation, this happens to even the best brand name, you just have to have a little bit of patience with PCP.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:04 pm 

Just went into the lockup and dug mine out. It hasn't bee fired for 1 1/2years at least and the
pressure gauge indicated middle of the yellow.
I filled it to 3,000psi with nitrogen and it held. Fired it a few times - works fine.
Rich is spot-on. None of us has have any trouble with them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:32 am 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
My 700 lost air pressure when it was brand new as well, but after half a dozen fills or so, it now keeps pressure up indefinitely. Could be the fill valve needs to be cycled a number of times before it makes a perfect seal.

In general, overall quality of my PP-700SA exceeded and continues to exceed my wildest expectations.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:11 am 

Markcw wrote:
I bought my Artemis PP700SA and the quality is really bad.
It leaked out all the gas overnight when I was filled it up for 200bar.
I have to send back to the shop for replacement.

Aside from the leaking problem how was the quality bad? Have you ascertained where the leaking is occurring? When first released many FX impact owner complained of leaking issues. Most if not all were a faulty o-ring issue and resolved. Would you say the the impact is really bad quality? I'm sure many owners at the time thought "what a piece junk". I don't own one but my understanding is the pp700sa is an amazing value.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:35 am 

mine is a joy to shoot.No issues period.Bought a 750 enjoying it as well.Thanks Wes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:56 am 

Yep~ Can't say the PP700SA is the best quality and it do has some common quality problem due to material and craftsmanship like other cheap made in China products. Like mine has a tiny loose grip and after I undo it a few times for adjusting the hammer spring, there's a tiny crack on the screw hole in one side... Even tho I can't say it's bad quality as it really have been working well so far without any major issues...

Similar to a P17, if you have a sibling for the PP700 which from German something and with a price tag for over 1 grand (3 to 4 times the price like a HW40 to a P17), I am pretty sure that one have better quality But still can't say the PP700SA is bad...

After all, OP still did it right to return for replacement as it's still new and in warranty. Isn't it good?!

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:04 am 

YepYep wrote:
Yep~ Can't say the PP700SA is the best quality and it do has some common quality problem due to material and craftsmanship like other cheap made in China products. Like mine has a tiny loose grip and after I undo it a few times for adjusting the hammer spring, there's a tiny crack on the screw hole in one side... Even tho I can't say it's bad quality as it really have been working well so far without any major issues...

Similar to a P17, if you have a sibling for the PP700 which from German something and with a price tag for over 1 grand (3 to 4 times the price like a HW40 to a P17), I am pretty sure that one have better quality But still can't say the PP700SA is bad...

After all, OP still did it right to return for replacement as it's still new and in warranty. Isn't it good?!

No issue with returning a defective product. I would even say the correct action. The issue is stating "the quality is really bad" without elaborating further. If an oring is the cause for the leaking is the quality really bad?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:04 pm 

Interesting indeed. I thought the overall quality of the 700 and 800 that I have was exceptional for the price.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:23 pm 

It would appear that your comments have made an impression on the OP.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:47 pm 

This is not to say he didn't have trouble with his pistol. It could happen and has happened with guns costing thousands of $$, as noted.
The proper procedure is to return it, as did the guy with the leaking FX's, or they just repaired them, themselves.
I've done a pair of AirForce rifles now, both Talon's converted to Condors. Both needed new O rings, no biggie. I couldn't find the O ring
that was leaking on the second one, until I mailed Air Force. The nice young lady sent me a schematic showing me the most likely O ring
buried behind a brass fitting.
That was it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:21 am 

I can’t say that would be considered poor quality. It is sealed by an oring which is a consumable item. I got mine, drained it and played all around with it, filled it and noticed it started leaking slowly over a couple weeks, which took a couple more weeks to figure out. Drained it, pulled the cylinder apart from behind the gauge with the tools provided, I don’t even think I changed the oring, just lubed it with silicone grease, made sure it was seated and put it back together. It’s been holding, firing and filling for the last year, no problems. If that didn’t work my next step was the change the oring(provided)
My last 10 shots, I didn’t notice the gauge move. For a regulated pcp pistol at that price, awesome guns with a bit of tuning or stock.
Now if you had rust or poor machining, then I’d start calling it poor quality. Or did you have other issues?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:29 pm 

Yep, seems with pcp you'll always eventually have a leak somewhere. Out of the dozen or more fx guns I've sold it seems most have has had some small problems like a leaky valve stem, a gauge not working properly or some such thing. Once fixed they are superb, but a pcp is not like a powder burner. They tend to need a willingness to take things apart and change orings or clean a part that has gotten dirty.
I think once you get it back and working you'll really like it. :)

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:58 pm 

The 700 is like an Impact . There I said it . Now figure out why. I did. Years with air in it by friends of mine and I one year so far. A mini FX Impact ... wow . Wish iy a 2 shot system ! I may follow that dream ....
Captain Air