Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:40 am 

I’ve been on the fence for a while about getting a .25 caliber PCP for both bench shooting and the odd hunt. Wes has brought in these Turkish beauties but there sure wasn’t a whole lot of information on the rifles or the manufacturer and I wasn’t really ready to risk it. Well I finally caved and placed my order this week for the MX6 rifle . It appears to have the options I like and not have too many extra features that I find just get in the way. I’ll be tuning the rifle to shoot the JSB MKII heavies and am hoping to get decent accuracy from it , 1” at 50 yards and I’d be happy, any better and I’ll be really happy. I’ll post when I receive it and give a detailed review of what I find , good bad or ugly.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:30 am 

Awesome job my man! :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:12 am 

.25 is a good caliber. Brian took a coyote on his property with his .25 Condor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:13 pm 

I received the rifle and here are some initial thought right out of the box. The case is a nice affair with enough padding to not let the rifle bounce around too much , the wood is really nice ( thanks Wes) and the finish is smooth and evenly coated . On par with the finish on let’s say an HW beech stock only this is Turkish walnut. There’s a light film of oil on the rifle to prevent any rust , I like this as I’ve seen some even high end stuff come dry as a bone. The aluminium receiver looks to be very well machined but I’ll have a better idea once I tear into it. The barrel shroud has two knurled end pieces, one for a thread protector and the second is what looks like a way to tension the barrel , another big plus. I did find the stock screw to be loose but that I should fine as I intend to remove from the action and do a thorough cleaning. Weight wise it feels nice when shouldered and the balance point is just ahead of the trigger guard. So far the initial impression is good . Will post pics and more details as I go.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:40 pm 

nice 25s a good caliber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:33 pm 

Well the verdict is in. It’s got decent quality but there are a few items that need attention. The porting for staters. From the valve outlet to the barrel I measured the porting at merely .160” . A tad on the small size for a .25 heavy hitter. Next is the trigger, not good. It’s a trigger blade and snag sear like the Evanix and first generation Kral rifles only there is no adjustment screws for taking up the first stage. Only two springs . Luckily the pull weight and finish on the sear are OK so the trigger feels OK. Not exactly what I was expecting but I can live with it. Now for the hammer, it weighs in at a whopping 2.8 oz. with a 3” long hammer spring .5” x.041 “ wire with 21 coils. I find it to be quite weak, again I can live with it . I have an assortment that will work. The barrel seems to have the same specs as a Lothar Walther barrel at 12 grove with a 1:17.7 twist . I haven’t slugged the barrel yet to see what the internal measurements are but it is choked for the last 3/4” . I pushed through a couple pellets but couldn’t get a good measure. I will say that the engagement is clean with no tight or loose spots . Looks like I have some work to do on this one. Again the goal is to shoot the MKII jsb heavies at around 800 fps. I forgot to mention the magazines. They have some play in the front clear cover that I intend to fix using a 1mm oring but the good news is it will take pellets or slugs up to .5” long. Hope to get to test the accuracy and run it over the chrony shortly .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:13 am 

Good luck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:59 am 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
The gun porting is quite small, just like the Kral and I found a big jump in power drilling it out. Also the reg is set quite low for 25 cal and turning it up makes quite a difference.
Something to get changed at the factory for future orders.
Looking forward to your results!

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:02 am 

I spent close to 6 hours working on the rifle to try to get it shooting heavy ammo at 850+ FPS .Not a chance that will happen with the regulator and plenum as it is designed. As best I can tell from measuring the dimensions, the plenum is a tiny 7cc , and it’s quite surprising that I’m able to get where I’m at. I did find a few items that needed attention , lucky for us Wes stands behind the products he sells and was gracious enough to send a replacement part. Now this is where I ended up. I machined a .25 LW barrel to 16@ AOL and added a shroud . Not sure if the factory barrel is even accurate as it was only shot for chrony testing. I opened all the ports to .2” , replaced the factory hammer spring with one from a Rainstorm II. Set up with about .125” of free flight and the regulator set to 150 bar it’s shooting the 34 grain JSB to 720fps. Quite a bit lower than I originally wanted , but when life gives you lemons . The rifle is now a compact 34” long wearing a 500cc carbon fiber bottle and a Weaver 4x scope. The hammer is really killing the efficiency as its way too heavy for this rifle. I tried to remove some weight by drilling it out but was only able scratch the surface . The hardening is close to impossible to get through. I’m going to leave it for now and move on to the other projects I have. I’ll post pics at some point.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:29 am 

So in conclusion...you got some parts and made a frankengun that doesn't shoot well! ????

Duke ))))----//----------==

Air guns? I have a few; but then again, too few to mention (Duke's version)
<------------ Please don't sell this person any more airguns! (Mrs Duke's version)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:01 am 

No that’s not what I’m saying Duke. Truth be told , what I ended up with is short of what I originally wanted. The bottle had some bad threads from being cross threaded but Wes took care of me. I didn’t try the factory barrel so I can’t say it shot bad. I didn’t want to modify it do I could return it to factory spec later down the road. I now have a short , medium powered hunting rig that will do just fine with that intended purpose. I may just end up buying a .25 barrel kit for the Impact to suit the bench gun that I originally wanted. I still need to test for accuracy the way the gun is set up now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:26 pm 

The Aselkon MX9 I drilled out the ports on and turned up the reg is getting a very consistent 895 to 898 fps with air arms 25.4gr for 45ft/lbs.
I didn't try the Heavies yet.
The reg went a little higher than I planned, and is at 160bar. Still, with a 500cc tank and 230bar fill, it'll get quite a few shots. I had drilled the ports to 3/16 I believe.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:45 pm 

I should add that I also drilled out the port from the bottle to the reg to allow the reg to recover quicker and to increase air flow to the regulator and that when I first tested it, it was closer to 150 bar, and around 875fps. Now a couple weeks later it seems to have settled in at 160bar.
Youd know Denis better than me whether that drilling on the other side helped or not.
It'd be interesting to see how your original barrel compares with the Lothar Walthar one.
I bet that looks nice with the carbon tank on there!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:37 am 

Here’s a pic of the finished product. Hope to go shoot today at some point . From the chrony testing , the regulator seems to be very stable with an ES of about 20fps over 50 shots.

Attachments:
F9A85999-CAC2-4DB2-B04B-B8D6FBCD560A.jpeg
F9A85999-CAC2-4DB2-B04B-B8D6FBCD560A.jpeg [ 144.95 KiB | Viewed 152 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:49 pm 

Looks good!
I think you'll like that black carbon fiber tank coming your way, should look sharp with the wood. 8)